What will you do in an Obama win?

toreskha

Titles are un-American.
Ok, so...the polls aren't looking good. I know, I know...candidates say don't look at what the polls say. Unfortunately, they're usually fairly accurate after October 10 in Presidential elections, with a 3-5% margin of error. Historically if you're less than 30 days out, people aren't going to change their minds unless something drastic happens.

It appears Obama has a decent lead on McCain - 5-7%. Basically right now Obama has it in the bag; he doesn't have to take any risks. It's up to McCain to deliver some sort of huge blow, but that's not easy in this economy.

So what's your overall plan if we actually elect this screwball? He's got a slight Democratic majority in Congress, so that could spell trouble.

I'm going to go into business selling bumper stickers and other doo-dads to pissed-off conservatives. Also, maybe I can meet Sarah Palin when she goes on her book tour. :dirol:

Pray a lot. We could be facing very bad times in this country.
For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind, Hosea 8:7A

First, I'm not going to panic. I've survived Ike, JFK, LBJ, RMN, GRF, JEC, RWR, GHWB, WJC, and probably GWB.

If we stay on top of Congress and keep them bombarded with mail and calls we should be able to head off anti-gun legislation. No member of Congress wants to be voted out of office. Very likely there will be a spate of really awful legislation after BHO is inaugarated because when one party controls the whole Federal government they get stupid. The idiocy will lead to another voter revolt and the Republicans will take back at least one house of Congress at the midterm and gridlock will return. I've decided gridlock is the best government we can hope for. When there's no gridlock things degenerate further.

Until voters realize that Democrats and Republicans are the same problem and abandon those two disastrous parties things will not improve.:blink:

All we can do is play the hand we're dealt. The American people made their bed, therefore they must lie in it.

While there is a slight majority of Democrats as reps not all are anti 2A, just as not all Republicans are pro. I may concentrate on obtaining a sufficient amount of ammunition for the guns I already own as a precaution against anti legislation. We survived 8 years of Clinton, I think we can see what will happen with Obama. He won't be a JFK, who I happen to think was a good president, and I would be more concerned if Biden was the president.

First off I will thank God he won.

Then I will wait and see how he goes about unscrewing the mess this country and even the whole world appears to be in. I hope he has some plans to deal with the coming unemployment crisis, and yes it is coming.

I will also be stocking up on ammo and even looking into reloading if I could swing it I would go for it in a heartbeat. Thing is I don't fear Obama I believe he is the best man out of those two however I have concerns. What if he never becomes president? I mean what if he wins both the popular and electoral vote and before he can assume the presidency he is assassinated? What if ol' GW pulls that little known clause out of the Patriot Act and declares a national emergency and declares the elections null and void then he becomes president for life?

That scares the crap out of me it would be the end of American democracy as we know it. And when you think about it is only a small step from where we are now to fascism.

First off I will thank God he won. Then I will wait and see how he goes about unscrewing the mess this country and even the whole world appears to be in. I hope he has some plans to deal with the coming unemployment crisis, and yes it is coming.

What if ol' GW pulls that little known clause out of the Patriot Act and declares a national emergency and declares the elections null and void then he becomes president for life?

That scares the crap out of me it would be the end of American democracy as we know it. And when you think about it is only a small step from where we are now to fascism.

Gunny, I really don't think the American people, Congress or the Senate would allow Bush to set up a monarchy. I think he knows this and would be hard pressed to convince anyone there is a big enough national emergency to do so. As for the financial and unemployment crisis remember the roots of this came during the Clinton era, as evidenced from the following excerpt from a NY Times article:

Septembe30, 1999
Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending
By STEVENA , HOLMES
ln a move that could help increase home ownership rates among minorities and low-income consumers, the Fannie Mae
Corporation is easing the credit requirements on loans that it will purchase from banks and other lenders.
The action, which will begin as a pilot program involving 24 banks in 15 markets -- including the New York
metropolitan region -- will encourage those banks to extend home mortgages to individuals whose credit is generally not
good enough to qualifu for conventional loans. Fannie Mae officials say they hope to make it a nationwide program by
next spring.
Fannie Mae, the nation's biggest underwriter of home mortgages, has been under increasing pressure from the Clinton
Administr4fq4.!oexpandmortgageloansamonglowandmode rateincomepeopleandfel@s
t6- mainGffiLen&nenal gto;nflr in profits.
In addition, banks, thrift institutions and mortgage companies have been pressing Fannie Mae to help them make more
loans to so-called subprime borrowers. These borrowers whose incomes, credit ratings and savings are not good enough
to qualify for conventional loans, can only get loans from finance companies that charge much higher interest rates --
anywhere from three to four percentage points higher than conventional loans.
"Fannie Mae has expanded home ownership for millions of families in the 1990's by reducing down payment
requirements," said Franklin D. Raines, Fannie Mae's chairman and chief executive officer. "Yet there remain too many
borrowers whose credit is just a notch below what our underwriting has required who have been relegated to paying
significantly higher mortgage rates in the so-called subprime market."
Demographic information on these borrowers is sketchy. But at least one study indicates that l8 percent of the loans in
the subprime market went to black borrowers, compared to 5 per cent of loans in the conventional loan market.
In moving. even tentativelv. into this new area of lendine. Fannie Mae is taking on significantly more risk. yhich may
not pose any difficulties during flush ec o troubld
iiTfeconomic do@overnment rescue sim
"From the perspective of many people, including me, this is another thrift industry growing up around us," said Peter
Wallison a resident fellow at the American Enterprise Institute. "If they fail. the government will have to step up and ,
bail them out the way it stepped up and bailed out the thrift industry."

Gunny, I really don't think the American people, Congress or the Senate would allow Bush to set up a monarchy. I think he knows this and would be hard pressed to convince anyone there is a big enough national emergency to do so......"

I won't rule anything out at this point. I have seen things happen that I never thought I would live to see. I really believe we are in a point in history where anything can happen. If this Coup were to take place we would see a second civil war or such a level of civil disorder to make fascim appeal to many of our citizens. We have been living in fear in this country for far too long now.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back