What Was Your First Pistol & Do You Still Have It?

Do you still have your first pistol?

• Yes and will never get rid of it.

Votes: 27 54.0%
  • Yes but would replace it if I got a chance.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • No but I wish I still had it.

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • No and good riddance.

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
As the thread title states....well?

My first was a Beretta 90-two .40. I still love this gun and will never sell it. I grew up around Beretta's so it just seemed natural and at the time I didn't know what I really wanted it for. I've never carried it concealed, it is just too big.

Link Removed

And my first real carry gun was this Taurus Millennium Pro PT140. I recently just sold it and replaced it with a Glock G26 but I'd say it was a decent gun. It did break on me at Front Sight but I think I put it through more wear and tear than normal people do. Even though, I never carried it again after it broke.

Link Removed

Mine was a S&W .357 and I sold it to buy a 1991 A1 still have that one but wish I would have retained the S&W.
The 1911 is my favorite style of handgun though.

Don't remember for sure which was my first because I bought 2 with in a couple weeks of each other back in or around 1974. They were a Colt Commander and a Colt Trooper. I have neither but wish I did.

My first pistol was a Star BK? (some random but forgotten 3rd letter) in '74 when I was 18 (there's a story there:icon_mrgreen:). It was a lightweight 9mm 1911 copy. Pretty cool little pistol. I'm left handed and had a trigger job and some ejector work done to it. Whenever I loaned it to a right-hander to try out, it would pop them in the forehead with the empties! Great fun. I followed it a few weeks later with my first Commander (.45)--and I've had at least one Commander since.

I sold the Star years later when I was in need of cash and I've never missed it. But, it was not a 'good riddance' moment either. There's no poll choice that really fits. It was a good pistol, my interests changed.

my first was a semi-compact baby desert eagle .40... it was a nice gun but the finish seemed to wear off too easily in teh standard matblack.. so I am just about to order a full size .40 baby eagle in brushed chrome and found some eaa witness magazines 15 round that will do just nicely in the baby eagle..

Mine was the top of the line S&W model 10 (he says with a straight face)
.38 special poilce edition. I picked it up shortly after I got married (29 years ago) because at that time the grand dragon in the KKK had the exact same name as me. I got one little letter from a disgruntled fan and my wife almost left me...

My first was a Rohm/RG 24. It is a very high quality/ lovely 22 revolver. I would say in todays market it would be worth at least $25. Once you cock it all you have to do is look at the trigger for the hammer to fall. Once it falls it may or may not shoot. You never know. It always shot low and to the left. I still have it and will never let go of it. My Dad gave it to me before I can actually remember. I was not allowed to touch it without supervision at that time. It had belonged to my grandfather who gave it to Dad. It don't believe I will ever shoot it again however.

First Revolver: Harrison & Richardson .22 Mag
First Pistol: Llama .45ACP 1911 (Circa 1940's) from my Dad

I will never get rid of either one... unless I pass them down to my kids.

As the thread title states....well?

My first was a Beretta 90-two .40. I still love this gun and will never sell it. I grew up around Beretta's so it just seemed natural and at the time I didn't know what I really wanted it for. I've never carried it concealed, it is just too big.
QUOTE]

An M-9 is what I learned to shoot handguns with, so I had a favorable opinion of Beretta. I found my 9000S for a great buy, so I bought it 4 years ago. I still carry it. However, if the right opportunity presents itself, I'll probably sell it, and upgrade to a Sig. The other likelihood is to trade up to a PX-4. My biggest holdup, though, would be the lack of Beretta accessories, unless you have the 90-series. The exotic guns are neat...until you try finding holsters for them.

Yea, I quickly realized that my Beretta wasn't going to be my carry gun. I didn't know any better at the time. Then after getting used to no hammer with my Taurus I decided to go with the Glock.

Still got it I was 18 and since you could not buy a regular pistol you could buy a Black powder pistol from a FFL.
So I bought a (NIB) Navy Arms .44 cal wheel gun, and I put a lot lead ball's though it, and at 56 I think I will keep it around a bit longer.

I have been thinking of a .45 Colt cylinder conversion for it. Anyone out there have any experience with them, like dislike?

Last edited:
Okay, I haven't been around as long as some of you, nor did I have a father or grandfather that owned guns, so my first is my colt mustang I got about 8 years ago and still carry. Love it--even though I would get something of larger caliber now I'll never sell it. Been a great little gun.

Gone but not to far.

My first pistol was a Springfield XD-40 service with a EFK fire dragon ported barrel. I sold it to my brother so I can still shoot it if I want.

But my first gun was a Winchester defender 1300 shot gun with red dot sight, which I will never sell :icon_wink:

Yes still have mine it is a Ruger New Model Black Hawk .357 I bought it 3 weeks before I turned 21 had to wait the additional time to pick it up. My dad had a Ruger Single Six that I grew up shooting so this was a natural choice for me. I will keep it and pass it on to my son one day. Still have my first rifle too a old Savage .22 bolt action my dad bought for me at Coast to Coast hard ware back in the 70's my dad had it but gave it to my son when he turned 14. I like to keep guns in the family. If I like a gun I will never sell it.

My first handgun was a old single shot 357 with an eight inch barrel. Can't remember the make of the gun but it was old when I got it (back in the mid eighties) I think it was originally made for comp/target shooting. Got a Dan Wesson 45 Bobtail Comm. now among others, but you never forget your first time!

My first handgun was a old single shot 357 with an eight inch barrel. Can't remember the make of the gun but it was old when I got it (back in the mid eighties) I think it was originally made for comp/target shooting. Got a Dan Wesson 45 Bobtail Comm. now among others, but you never forget your first time!

Oh please I have ammo (made a great deal on some .22 wildcats) that is older than that laying around, Now the 30-40 Kraig that is getting up there. Age is just a matter of perspective.:y:

Mine was a Colt Peacemaker in .22.

They had been discontinued and the store, a BERGNER'S if you can believe it, had them on clearance for $96

It had a 7.5" barrel and fixed sights. They also had a New Frontier with adjustable sights, but I forget the length.

I got several squirrels with that gun, fixed sights and all.

I eventually shortened the barrel to 5.5 and put S&W rear sight and a Ruger Single Six front sight on there to help me hit more often.

I know I hurt the "value" of it, but that money value only matters if you're going to sell it. I decided I wanted the increased personal value instead.

Still got it !

I have my Gock 19 that I bought privately when I was a week past 18. I seriously think this thing has about 25k rounds through it.

It's been through some horrible things including being stolen by a room-mate and literally buried in the back yard for a little over six months before he owned up and told me. I dug it up from under 2' of VA earth, rinsed it with a water hose and immediately fired the 15 rounds without fail.

Looking to trade my M&P for another G19 now but, I'll never let this one go.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back