• I'd say I fish both equal amounts.

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Who said I fish?

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Total voters

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
I have pretty much been fishing saltwater lately...snook, redish, trout, tarpon (haven't caught one yet). How about you?

I mostly fresh water fish due to the fact that I live in michigan. I have gone deep sea fishing off the coast of florida and loved it. I would really love to be able to do more salt water fishing. it just seems that you can have a huge variety of types of fish along with so many sizes. looks like I need to make more friends in florida.

I also fish in saltwater.

I have never actually fresh water fished? Hmmmm, I might need to try that this fall :biggrin:

You've gotta have a pretty long line not to mention an extremely good method of casting to do any salt water fishing from NV. :lol: Isn't NV a state or two away from the ocean?

I remember doing some freshwater fishing at one of the urban fishing areas in Las Vegas the last time I was there. I caught a couple of catfish, a few trout and a duck. Of the three species, the duck gave me the best fight. Game warden had a good laugh watching me haul in the duck on a tiny little Shrek pole that I had purchased for my son.

gf

I fish exclusively in freshwater, mostly for bluegill, catfish, and salmon.

I know that marshmallows work well for catching salmon, but about a couple of years ago, my brother and I also discovered that foam earplugs also work. Does anyone else here use foam earplugs as salmon bait?

I started off fly fishing when I was 15 mainly for bluegill and then bass. I took a rod building class and made a 1 weight to fish for bluegill with. I loved it.

I fish exclusively in freshwater, mostly for bluegill, catfish, and salmon.

I know that marshmallows work well for catching salmon, but about a couple of years ago, my brother and I also discovered that foam earplugs also work. Does anyone else here use foam earplugs as salmon bait?

ear plugs huh? interesting.. I usually only use them when I am shooting or performing music on stage... even if they do work though, wouldn't the marshmallows be cheaper? maybe just the used earplugs? boy talk about a tasty treat for the fish.

After I figure out Walleyes I;ll probably work on S M Bass. Don't think I'll ever really figure out Walleye though.

I fish for beer in the cooler.

A couple 1 ounce weights on the end of the line so I look productive and I can spend all day doing nothing at the lake without getting my hands dirty.

When I'm actually fishing it's usually for bluegill or sm bass.

Mostly I just want to be able to get away from the 'honey-do' list and relax.

I enjoy going over to our pond that is in the development where I live. I go almost every night. I have been going to go Saltwater fishing but since the state has bank license for Fl residents. I desided to get another 5year fishing license that will cover fishing from a boat or from the bank... I am still waiting for it to come in the mail....

Here in GA, we fish LM Bass, Crappie, Catfish. Waiting for Spring so we can get out on the water...Figured out how to fly fish last year, and now have a telescopic travel rod to take into the woods when we go camping....

Woooo Hoooooo! Almost time to wet a line, Boys.

Fresh water most of the time. For many years working for another manager at the same place I'm at now, we would take the entire team cod and haddock fishing in the Atlantic. Great times and great eats.

I started fly fishing last year. Been using the fly rod for bass and other lake fish. need to get more skill to take on the trout etc.

God ol boy from GA taught me some tricks.

I live on Cape Cod and we have a ton of ponds (I live on one) as well as ocean all around us. I fish slatwater in-shore & offshore and freshwater. Stripers, Bluefish, Bonito, Mackerel, False Albacore, Yellowfin and Bluefin Tuna, sharks, large mouth bass, pickerel....you name it, we fish it!

With an excellent Trout, Steelhead and Salmon river (Rogue) 60' from my back door, I mostly fish fresh water.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back