What style concealed carry have you tried and what do you like most?

What methods of carry have you tried and which do you like best?

• Strong side.

Votes: 34 47.2%
  • Shoulder rig.

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Inside waist band, strong side.

Votes: 31 43.1%
  • Inside waist band, cross draw.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Cross draw.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Ankle holster.

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Pocket Holster.

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Behind the back.

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Thigh holster.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I like strong side best.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • I like shoulder rigs best.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I like IWB strong side best.

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • I like IWB cross draw best.

• I like cross draw best

• I like ankle holster best.

• I like pocket holster best.

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • I like behind the back best.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I like thigh holsters best.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I carry mines on a chain. Bling Bling yo!

• Other.

Votes: 7 9.7%

• Total voters

Beau

I was never here.
What styles of carry have you tried? What do you like most and why?

I currently carry on strong side @ 9 o'clock. I have been thinking about switching to cross draw at 1 0'clock.

What styles of carry have you tried? What do you like most and why?

I currently carry on strong side @ 9 o'clock. I have been thinking about switching to cross draw at 1 0'clock.

I prefer carrying on my hip with a vertical holster position, I don't like angled holster. I like a natural movement of my arm... coming straight up with my draw allowing me to shoot from the hip, arm pit, or shooting while extending my arm.

I like an ankle holster, it has it's advantages, especially during the summer months, or when certain attire is needed to be worn.

Strong side..

Strong side with shirt out or jacket covering... But also hang phone and case etc. below, next too etc. to camouflage the added bulk there..

Strong side IWB is in the lead. Has anyone carried two pistols cross draw?

I carry OWB strong side, when I can, because it's the most comfortable form of carry I've found. When that isn't practical, I prefer IWB strong side. That's reasonably comfortable with the right holster, for me anyway.

I've tried everything on the list (plus a couple that aren't) except for the ankle (don't use them, I stand up too much), SOB (I don't like the idea of a big piece of steel lay across my spine) and thigh.

Each of the other options really depend on what you are wearing, what you are carrying and what you will be doing. Wearing a shirt and tie minus the jacket during hot weather (I live in the South, nobody wears a suit coat during the summer unless absolutely necessary and even the, not for one second longer than absolutely necessary) pretty much means I either carry off the body or in the pocket. ON the other hand, if I'm wearing a leather bomber style jacket, I prefer to use a shoulder rig over carrying on the hip or IWB behind the hipbone. A longer, light jacket give me a chance to carry IWB at 4 O'clock while a heavier jacket like a barn jacket or a below the hip bone length winter coat lets me carry outside the waist band at 3 or 4 o'clock.

Appendix

Why isnt the best method of all on the list? I carry appendix (12 oclock) and can wear gym shorts with a white tee and have no printing. Walking and sitting is also most comfortable in this position.

Shoulder is the most comfortable for me BUT the down side is I have to bring my piece (1911A1) from under my arm cross my left side, muzzel outward, to center. Weapon lays parallel to the ground in the holster.
I also like to CC SOB though not as comfortable. I do prefer the draw at waist high level seeing that's usually my first round as soon as piece is clear, level and pointing toward target. The difference between the two is probably seconds, BUT that could be the deciding factor on living through it or T U.

Why isnt the best method of all on the list? I carry appendix (12 oclock) and can wear gym shorts with a white tee and have no printing. Walking and sitting is also most comfortable in this position.

I was thinking the same.

I only carry AIWB around 1 o'clock. My BUG is on the left hand ~4 o'clock. AIWB is the fastest and most convenient carry method for me.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back