What Now?

mailman22

Hello! I am new here. I found this site while looking for answers to what Connecticut's new laws might impose on us. Sad times for us.

One of my major concerns is buying a handgun that comes with a better than 10 round magazine. Will I be able to purchase the gun, or will they have to remove the magazine from the box? No one I talk to seems to know.....yet.
It's typical of lawmakers to draw up a bill, THEN, figure out all the details, later.

"Um, gee....uh...guys...uh, how are we gonna, uh, ya know, register, these uh, "clips"? They , um don't have any uh, uh, uh, numbers on 'em"!

If you ever heard our governor speak, you would understand.

I am sorry for you. I was wondering on how to "register" a magazine myself, what were they thinking?

If your new laws are written anything like ours are here in Massataxholechusetts, nobody will really know what's illegal or not because it can be interpreted in different ways.
Now that Odummer is having problem pushing through legislation, he is going to the states individually and rallying support for laws that are totally insane and incapable of being interpreted. It's a sad time, the problem with the ultra liberal states is that the libs outnumber the actual THINKING population and completely ignore us. Here in Mass we have had an AWB and hi-cap ban since the '90s, it never did sunset like the Fed AWB.

Mailman PM me and we can discuss. I also am in the state, what's most likely going to happen is that gun stores will only sell compliant guns.

I have already talked with a gun shop owner on how he is already considering closing his doors. I joked with him a couple days ago how 90% of his inventory will now be illegal, He smirked and said yes it will.
Feel bad for the people and any industry related to fire arms in this sh** hole state!

I wouldn't worry about it, there proposals are redic. The mags thing is unenforceable just like MA's. They have no way to register them and they will figure that out. Hopefully you guys are hammering your people in power with phone calls, emails and letters. Let your opinions be known. This is just bs passed without any though still thanks to sandy hook. I can't even image the day CT has worse gun laws than MA. I also expect the FBI to have something to say about this if states keep trying to abuse the NICS system by clogging it up with check that are for ammo as that's not what it's for.

I have already talked with a gun shop owner on how he is already considering closing his doors. I joked with him a couple days ago how 90% of his inventory will now be illegal, He smirked and said yes it will.
Feel bad for the people and any industry related to fire arms in this sh** hole state!

Remind him that there are other states that would welcome him and his store. There's no need for most people to go out of business over this, but they may need to move. I know that's not an option for everybody, but it may be for others.

Most of the features of all the CT laws are unenforcable, except by either accident or house-to-house unannounced searches. I live there too, and I recommend to everyone that we don't comply, at all. Am I suggesting anyone disobey the law? Of course not - its an individual choice and could be expensive. But if you want to consider options, I'll list a few:

Civil disobedience is an honorable American tradition. Don't register squat, don't surrender anything. Make them come find you, and me, and everybody else. Jailing us all will bankrupt the state as fast as they jail us - not only the cost of housing and prosecutions, and support payments to families with no incomes as a result, but all the work that just won't happen while we're in the can.

Sure, they can make sure we can't order a 30-rd mag for your .22 online, but they can't stop us from buying a boxload of them out of state in person if they're legal in that state. Same with an AR-15. Buy at a gunshow, for cash, or from a private owner. If they don't know you have one, they can't insist you file any kind of transfer papers, can they? Just be careful to not be the guy who gets set up by an undercover agent (or some rat trying to avoid a prison sentence for trafficking women or drugs) so they can make an example of you. They will try that to frighten us into submission. Got one already and afraid of 'confiscation' or prosecution for not registering? Bury it off your property somewhere - directions for burial and suggestions for locations are available free on the internet. If asked, you sold it before the new law passed when the state didn't require any transfer record.

Last, you can 'vote with your feet' and leave the state. It might be hard to find a new job these days, but it won't be hard to find a state with lower costs of living and a more Constitution friendly legislature. I have a friend who keeps trying to sell me on Texas, and he just got a lot harder to refuse.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back