What Kind Of Hoster To Carry A Glock 23?

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
This was sent to me by a member in a private message and I just thought I'd post it here for others to see and respond to.

What is the preferred holster for carrying Glock 23? And how does one carry with only jeans and sweatshirt or T shirt?

I use my Glock 23 mostly in my car now. I stick it between my seat and console in a cheapo nylon holster with an extra mag holder on front of it. That is because I carry my Glock 26 on me.

Before I got the Glock 26 I used a Crossbreed Super Tuck. That seems to hide the gun pretty good. I never tuck my shirts in so the shirt just hangs over and the hoslter keeps the gun tight to your body along with a good gun belt. I can also recommend the CTAC from Comp Tac. I have had a few of them and is what I currently use to carry my G26 but they make them for 23 as well.

:stop:

I know I'll hear something about using the nylon holster but that is the ONLY one I own and use. That gun stays in the car 99% of the time and is only used for that. I would never carry it on myself in that holster.

:stop:

I know I'll hear something about using the nylon holster but that is the ONLY one I own and use. That gun stays in the car 99% of the time and is only used for that. I would never carry it on myself in that holster.

No explananation needed Luke, you gave me a good idea on how to use the nylon holstes I've collected over the years. :wink:

Sure beats leaving them at the bottom of my holster collection box. :smile:

gf

What is the best way to carry a Glock 23 if your skinny? It's hard to conceal it unless the weather is cold.

Good idea! I have been looking at a Glock 27 though. Any reason you chose to go to the 9mm?

I use a Galco summer comfort with just a tee and jeans most of the summer. the tees are a little tighter than I like, and I have to watch where I bend over, but standing or sitting i don't have a problem.

I use a Galco summer comfort with just a tee and jeans most of the summer. the tees are a little tighter than I like, and I have to watch where I bend over, but standing or sitting i don't have a problem.

Dunno about you, but I don't do much "bending over" if you know what I mean. :haha: :lol: :eek:

gf

Good idea! I have been looking at a Glock 27 though. Any reason you chose to go to the 9mm?

I asked Luke that same thing when we started talking about what Cal to go with for a first time CC person. He said his first gun was a 40. He liked it but the 9mm is faster for him to get back on target after shooting ( that's the short version) As to why he went with 9mm he can fill in the rest. on top of that 9mm is cheap so you can have more time at the range for less money. That's why i would go with 9mm.:dance3::dance3::dance3:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back