What Kind Of AK Do You Have? Any Mods? Post Pics!

Nice.

The quality issue comes not from the AK itself but from the ill-fitting American parts (required by law) and poor QC that's associated with some US importers/modifiers. Century AKs have a spotty reputation although their customer service is said to be very good.

Yeah, I understand what you are saying. I had been holding off buying one due to various stories on quality, but understand Century is working out the problems. For instance, this gun has a Tapco trigger group, which I understand helped to eliminate trigger slap experienced in earlier versions.
All in all, great fun and I admit I am impressed. Now my only problem is carrying an M4, 12ga, and the AK all at the same time when I bug out. :biggrin:

Yeah, I understand what you are saying. I had been holding off buying one due to various stories on quality, but understand Century is working out the problems. For instance, this gun has a Tapco trigger group, which I understand helped to eliminate trigger slap experienced in earlier versions.

The Tapco trigger group is nice. It's one of the few US made parts that's better than the original. I put them on all my AKs except my Norinco 91. I learned the hard way that, on a 91, the Tapco has a tendency to turn a semi-auto into a full-auto when you least expect it! A little research after the fact told me this is an issue with that particular model rifle and trigger group.

I won't buy an AK without checking it out first. I've bought them in less-than-perfect shape but it's something I could work out myself. When I bought my Yugo the dealer had just gotten 5 of them and he let me check them out. Only 1 was range-worthy right out of the box. The others needed some gunsmithing to various extents before they could be sold.

All in all, great fun and I admit I am impressed. Now my only problem is carrying an M4, 12ga, and the AK all at the same time when I bug out. :biggrin:

Start pumping some iron!! Either that or get a helper monkey.

Wasr AK-47

Link Removed Wasr 10/63 here. Just got it a few days ago. It'll take me a couple of weeks to refinish the furniture before I get it out. This is the "before" picture when I got it home.

I own one, just waiting for MD state police to "allow" me to have my gun from the transfer. It is a WASR-10 and the mods to it are as follows; quad rails, forgrip, green laser sight, flashlight, and scope.

I don't have one. :sad: i was gonna save for an RPD, but then I got busy with the election and by the time I had enough, the preppers had even bought up all the .22s. Not even a Marlin at that store anymore.

bSaiga308.jpg

bSLR95.jpg

Hunter.jpg

VEPR545.jpg

VEPR762.jpg

bMilledMAK3.jpg

bSLR95.jpg

bTantal-.jpg

bMAK90CM-.jpg

Here's my latest addition to my ever growing 'family' of Yugos, a milled M92 Krinkov.

I've been sitting on a virgin Yugo M92 kit for over a year and was waiting to find a milled receiver for it. Alas there are no M92 milled receivers to be found BUT I did find a milled M64 receiver that would do the job.

Just got the pics from the builder the other day and OMG did it come out nice, the builder even offered to refund my money and give me an addition $1000 if he could keep it ... of course I said no.

Should be here late next week but for now I can drool over the photos of it.

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

BTW, the builder is Bret Hankes from Never Enough Guns in Tennessee

I got a AK newb Q?

My buddy has all the tools to press his own receivers and has made a cple knock around, nothing special AKs.
I would like to take a shot at making my own but don't want to waist my time on something that wouldn't be really accurate. So what parts should I invest the $ into?
Any recommendations for a good forum/websites to learn some stuff?

I got a AK newb Q?

My buddy has all the tools to press his own receivers and has made a cple knock around, nothing special AKs.
I would like to take a shot at making my own but don't want to waist my time on something that wouldn't be really accurate. So what parts should I invest the $ into?
Any recommendations for a good forum/websites to learn some stuff?

Well, receivers are just pieces of steel... to get the accuracy you want, you should purchase an American made barrel. Other than that, there isn't much that can be done for the AK's accuracy. Standard, run of the mill parts kit internals will work just fine. A good, Tapco G2 trigger is a must as well. You can try the AK section over on AR15.com, I think they have a build thread.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back