What is up with SLED?

K9Keto

I contacted SLED last week by email to confirm that they had received my paperwork as I am still somewhat new to SC and didn’t know that you could go to identgo for the fingerprints and do the application online. I was very respectful in my email and that was my only concern. A lady from the office emails me back and says she is going to push it through for approval.. and they would mail it that day or the very next day. no where in my email did I ask for her to do that but I was grateful anyway. It’s been weeks now.. still no CWP. I email them back once again and gave them my address to make sure they sent it to the right address. They claim that the address is correct and that if I haven’t received it by the first of next year to call them. ????? So it takes 2-3 weeks for mail to go from Columbia to Columbia? Under SLEDs reviews on google another fellow South Carolinian had the very same issue as myself. Sled must be full of liberals.

No actually there is a more accurate explanation here. You are at the tail end of football season. SLED spends most of the football season writing tickets for underage drinking and simple possession of marijuana.
Well in that case They should just change the law instead of being 90 days for the processing time it should be whenever they feel like getting to it.

Well in that case They should just change the law instead of being 90 days for the processing time it should be whenever they feel like getting to it.

In addition, there have been changes in Regulatory. Hope for the better.

You have to take the current situation into account.. when I took my cwp course in March of 2020, we were informed that processing times have been longer than usual simply due to the seven hundred thousand new gun owners in the state at that time. It may be inconvenient but it's a sign of the times.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back