what is up with people on this forum?

slamhouse

I would think a forum to be a collective source of information, not a battle ground for belittling and judgement. Most of what I see on here is people who feel a need to stroke themselves with the shame they can produce unto others...

I'm just curious as to why the need is present for this immoral behavior and a general lack of communitive health.

I would think a forum to be a collective source of information, not a battle ground for belittling and judgement. Most of what I see on here is people who feel a need to stroke themselves with the shame they can produce unto others...

I'm just curious as to why the need is present for this immoral behavior and a general lack of communitive health.

Wrong forum, there are some like that but this one's not one of those. Here they like to fight.

when you post FUD you can expect to get smacked around a bit, believe it or not your opinions don't ring true for those people who are better informed on many of the issues you've commented on than you are

I would suggest you move over to another forum called thehighroad.org. They seem to have similar beliefs and opinions as those you have expressed here and they simply ban anyone who does not agree with them so you won't find the "belittling and judging" that you feel exists here. One of my life principles is that if I am not happy somewhere, I have two choices: change myself to be happy, or go somewhere else where I can be happy. I can only be an example to others, I can't force or expect them to change.

Members here speak their mind on issues. Don't take it personally. Some of the tit-for-tat arguments and tone of posters may become bellicose at times, so grow a thick skin, and know as Navy LCMDR suggested, those who know the truth about issues will bring their info home forcefully at times. Not a bad trait. Read between the lines.

You do need to find your comfort zone, and stick with what appeals to your senses.

We are fortunate this forum allows members "to speak their minds" with minimum moderation. Sometimes, a user will be banned when his foray into issues devolves into profanity laced posts, over and over, or he has lost his mind.

Good luck.

Link Removed

I would think a forum to be a collective source of information, not a battle ground for belittling and judgement.

Someone who complains about belittling and judgment....

Most of what I see on here is people who feel a need to stroke themselves with the shame they can produce unto others...

Being belittling and judgmental.

As BC1 correctly puts it, human nature.

I find a lot of members here good people, met a few in person, and think the community here is awesome. I go to other forums occasionally to find specifics answers that have all ready been hashed out years ago...other than that the absolute control by moderators makes those forums unbearably boring.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

I found this forum by accident while surfing the 'net for something else (don't remember what that was) and was instantly impressed with the wealth and depth of knowledge SOME!!! posters have gone to the trouble to research and are willing to selflessly share.

I am unimpressed with how many posters not only think they know it all but refuse to do any research to back up their assertions and/or statements.

I'll take the good (the knowledgeable) with the bad (the arrogant know it alls who refuse to post cites and/or links to support their statements) because the good is so informative and the bad... well... the bad can be so very entertaining.

I don`t find your opinion of this site to be true what so ever. Everyone here is allowed to voice there opinion with in reason. I have seen no belittling or judgement of others here, but everyone is entitled to there own opinion on this forum, with in reason. Some people have stronger opinions on certain things than others, but I don`t see them as stroking them self`s with any shame they can put unto others. There is no immoral behavior or lack of communitive health here, so I don`t see how you have come to this conclusion on this forum, either.

Doesn't sound at all like the forum I have come to know and enjoy. Do I always agree with everyone? No, but find all to be knowledgeable and reasonable. Not a place where everyone is singing kumbaya, but you can find that elsewhere.

Immoral? Sounds to me like you are a little too impressed with yourself. You seem to have come here to tell others how to behave; not very communitive either.

Howdy,

I found this forum by accident while surfing the 'net for something else (don't remember what that was)

.... the bad can be so very entertaining.

I too found this forum while searching for CCW laws in various states.

Entertaining? Oh, yeah! That's a plus for this forum. I truly get a kick out of the "+40yo SWM w/out kids ( thank God! ) that live with their Mom and have a "Command Post" in the basement" crowd. They have a "unique" way of looking at things.

The funny/strange/humorous/etc. part is they think they are normal and their line of thinking isn't abnormal.

Paul

P.S. For "Words of Wisdom" see my sig line.

Everyone knows what opinions are like and they often stink when exposed in public. At least here you can air your opinion out and see what others think for and against what you have formed. I have found through my time here to read and digest what is presented, research what I question and then to express what I feel is pertinent to the thread or individual posts.
~
There are times when people disagree with points of view, knowledge and opinions. As previously noted that is called Human Nature at it's best.
~
So if you feel uncomfortable here, go somewhere else. It will be your lose, you will be the one who is leaving a forum that is open to free expression of opinion and knowledge. You might have to grow a little skin from time to time, but you will be the stronger and more aware for it.

Varied points of view is what I like best about this forum. A take on a subject I didn't see before sets me to thinking and keeps me informed of perspectives I should consider.

LoL? how sad
are you a rank, a job title or a person?

Yes "lol," your response was humorous.

I'm a person with a rank and a job title. Though, it's no longer in the fire service, but I don't want to change my username.

What does apvb stand for?

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back