What is the farthest you've ever shot?

1000 yards in the military with a m14 around here 350 to 400 yds on deer with a enfield 303,up to 100yds with a 9mm pistol but mostly less all with iron sights.

450 meters with iron sights with m-4,5000meters with dillon areo mini-gun in kiowa:biggrin:

Last edited:
NRA bullseye with iron sights, 600 yards Remington 40XB NM with Redfield sights.

Games, 300 yards in Wyoming for deer, 4x Lyman scope, 6 mm Remington 40X Sporter [ a factory custom] one shot 100 grain Nosler Partition. Prone, open range.

300 yards 44 Magnum and an old 25 gallon water tank, Super Blackhawk iron sights [my eyes were 45 years younger then.

Isn't that only 50% of the effective range? Anyway, computers and laser /temperature compensation, sounds like cheating on the concealed carry.:biggrin:

:big_boss:

Agreed, but that's the farthest target that was presented to me on the range at Graf in Germany. Didn't stay in long enough to enjoy the turkey shoot in Iraq :sarcastic:

About 50 years ago Mom bought some tires for her car from a dealer who had been a tanker in Africa.

He told me about elephant hunting. Said the 50 caliber Browning was good, but the 76 mm was over-kill.:yu:

USMC Rifle range at 1000Yds with M1 Garand. Iron sights. Target was huge!

They dropped the 1000 yard range about the same time they got the M-14 and M-16.

Garand could reach out there and touch someone. (30-06)

"When I was 19, I did a guy in Laos from a thousand yards out. It was a rifle shot in high wind. Maybe eight or even ten guys in the world could have made that shot. It's the only thing I was ever good at."

Name that movie. :biggrin:

"When I was 19, I did a guy in Laos from a thousand yards out. It was a rifle shot in high wind. Maybe eight or even ten guys in the world could have made that shot. It's the only thing I was ever good at."

Name that movie. :biggrin:
mel gibson in leathal weapon:pleasantry:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back