What is everyone getting their wife for CCW?

My wife will absolutely not carry a firearm. She doesn't approve of me carrying except in a very few situations, like long trips involving interstates. She generally doesn't approve of private citizens having concealed weapons. I don't approve of the consumption of alcohol, but we've sort of reached a compromise that she doesn't give me a hard time about my concealed carry, and I don't give her a hard time about her having a beer at a restaurant. Marriage is compromise!

Hey,

I am new to the site and i just purchased my wife a Taurus TCP .380 for her CCW. I was wondering what people think and what their wife carries? Here is a pic....

Link Removed

Link RemovedMy wife is a JAP [Jewish American Princess] and she''ll take you out with her mouth alone. As it's been said, I get her whatever she wants. Then get myself something like you got your wife, a Taurus TCP 738. The pic shows it with the +1 mag extensions that add another round & give your pinky some grip. Inexpensive, better control and an extra round without changing the size much. It's a worthwhile mod in my opinion.

LOL, the TCP is the only thing I can get her to carry, she wants to carry because along with the little Taurus she keeps a NAA 22 mag in her purse, she also has a G-26 and Colt Defender which she will carry when wareing a loose shirt or jacket, but that little Taurus is on her 24/7

Glad to here that, Rg. It must be nice having a spouse that works "with" you rather than against. Although, I wouldn't know. Having to come up with ingenious plans for whatever gun supplies needed, it's almost like another full time job. I'm jealous. Carry on

Plus this was another forward step from her original statement of "I don't need a CWP and weapon" a few years back. Now she has full responsibility for owning and arming herself. It took a few years since I planted the seed but with care, nurturing and repeated crazies running around my seed has blossomed. She even suggested we go to the range this Saturday, clean our weapons after then off to BBQ for the late afternoon meal. God I Love this woman!
Plus I would add, her hand, her comfort, her carry. It really is all about her. She would rather shoot my Taurus .357 with Pachmayr grips but for the first 30 minutes at the range (50-100 rounds) it has to be with her carry gun. After that it's PLAY TIME....

Back from the range and had a blast. (PUN intended) .357, .38 spcl, a pair of .45's and the M1. Probably went through about 400 rounds. Not sure what the better part of the afternoon was. Shooting or cleaning my weapons. The smell of Hoppes along with WD40, what a comfortable reflective order. Oh and BBQ was dam good. Full rack of Ribs with the wife getting 1 Lb of rough chopped pork. We like the outside cuts, more moisture and flavor. LIFE is Good!

I think my husband buys me CCW weapons so he can have a new weapon to shoot! I own more weapons then he does. But I prefer the Sig P238 (.380) he bought me for most of my CC needs, small and compact and easy to either holster out of sight on the belt or my handbag. I'm much more accurate with the P229 when it comes to general marksmanship, but I can definitely hold my own with the small .380 also. But I agree with the others ... better let her pick that baby out herself or you may end up having purchased yourself a new weapon! :)

If my wife even liked guns period. I'd start her off with a Ruger LCR in. .38+P.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I finally got the wife to take a course and since then she has taken over my Bersa Thunder 380 CC pistol. I set up a range out back since we live in the country and she goes out a couple times a day to practice. Actually she is pretty good with it. She tried my Springfield XD Compact 40 cal. and Taurus PT 140 Millennium 40 but still likes the Bersa better. In fact she wants me to get another one so she has her own. So far we have put around 2000 rounds through it and no matter what brand of rounds I get (get mine off of Cheaper than Dirt) it has taken them all. Not a stove pipe or miss feed yet. I will say her hair dresser was a big help in getting her to go ahead and gain her permit since the hairdresser also carries all the time.

My wife has now settled on a Ruger LCR in .22mag for home and the Kel Tec P-32 .32 acp for carry. She shoots them both very well and I would pity the bad guy who riles her. IMO two great guns, both have been flawless since unboxing and are accurate. :dirol:

Wife buys her own guns, I get her accessories, etc. for her guns. Her carry is a P238, keeps a XD9sc in a vehicle holster.

Of the couples we know that are into guns, both have permits, and both carry.

Why not let them pick out their own and let them pay for it. And, teach them how to clean it. It'll mean more to them

Whatever she wants.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
This (happy wife = happy life) but in actuality, my wife shot my Glock 43 and absolutely loved it BUT she doesn't like the issue of "no external safety" on Glocks...
So we went and shot several different pistols and she discovered she loves (and is pretty darned accurate with) the Ruger LC9s... Loves the compactness of it, easy draw, doesn't print much when when she wears jeans etc (especially in the DeSantis Superfly pocket holster)... etc

I think my husband buys me CCW weapons so he can have a new weapon to shoot! I own more weapons then he does. But I prefer the Sig P238 (.380) he bought me for most of my CC needs, small and compact and easy to either holster out of sight on the belt or my handbag. I'm much more accurate with the P229 when it comes to general marksmanship, but I can definitely hold my own with the small .380 also. But I agree with the others ... better let her pick that baby out herself or you may end up having purchased yourself a new weapon! :)

We don't do that, ever (buy our wives something so that we can buy ourselves new toys with "impunity") ...
Who the heck told you any such thing?
Ridiculous.
[emoji6]

My wife took over my Taurus 9mm. LOL, goes to show that I buy and she says hers now, LOL Just means I get to purchase another 9mm :D

Actually I got the wife a new purse for Christmas. She had been looking at conceal carry purses at the gun shows we went to so I found her one. Then after she opened it she went back to my gun safe and asked for the Bersa 380 I had. Yes she has been practicing with it out back where I set up a 25 meter range. She even has my aunt coming over to shoot with her.

Wife plans on carrying her G26 gen 3 all she needs to do is find a holster

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back