What is everyone getting their wife for CCW?

benholmes777

Hey,

I am new to the site and i just purchased my wife a Taurus TCP .380 for her CCW. I was wondering what people think and what their wife carries? Here is a pic....

Link Removed

Well, most smart husbands get their wives whatever the wife picks out! :wink:

My husband did suggest my Chiappa Rhino, and I love it. But it's hard to conceal, so later I bought a M&P Shield in 9mm. I wind up carrying that more often, and the Chiappa when I wear something bulky enough to hide it.

You get her whatever she damn well wants.

And if its not right, you get the next thing she damn well wants, and so on.

What you don't do is buy her a gun and say, "Hey honey, I know this is a very personal decision since you will carry it with you each and every day, but I just made the decision for you."

My wife owns a Sig Sauer P238. She loves it and she picked it out. She also knows how to fire everything else I own just in case.

I was looking at Tauruses before my CC class. Then my instructor said that was the one make of gun he wouldn't allow us to qualify with. Something about unreliability. I've still heard some good things about them and I still might get one. I'm sure there are less than perfect guns in every make. Anyway, I like the one you bought her.

But as telpinaro said, if she doesn't like it, let her pick her own. I've also heard a lot of good things about the M&P Shield 9mm. And if possible let her shoot some different kinds.

My wife purchased her own gun after I purchased her CC purse. Told her I'd buy the purse, she had to buy the accessory. Plus didn't want to get in a legal bind concerning a straw purchase. S&W 649 with Crimson Trace.

Well, most smart husbands get their wives whatever the wife picks out! :wink:

Now this is a smart wife with the right answer. Sorry to hijack but when I saw the thread title, the answer, at least in my house, was easy. It is always something with gold and/or gemstones---That is what my wife will get for "MY" CCW. PS:She has no interest in firearms but will tolerate mine-----for a price.

You get her whatever she damn well wants.

And if its not right, you get the next thing she damn well wants, and so on.

What you don't do is buy her a gun and say, "Hey honey, I know this is a very personal decision since you will carry it with you each and every day, but I just made the decision for you."

My wife owns a Sig Sauer P238. She loves it and she picked it out. She also knows how to fire everything else I own just in case.

TESTIFY!!! :agree:

And Peggy, Tauruses have come a LONG ways. The G2s out there are as solid as anything else I have seen. For a while I was looking at the 24/7 G2 compact .45 for my own carry piece. Although I ended up going with the XD-S, I would still give the 24/7 a serious look if I were ever in the market again.

The Truth About Guns and a couple of other very reputable firearms reviewers have put them through their paces and found them to be very reliable, accurate, quality firearms that don't break the bank.

Lady Smith, K frame, .357 Mag. Bought her and my little girl Glock 27's, wife hates it, gave it to son, daughter loves hers. What ever she wants, what ever she likes, what ever she is good with and lots of range time. A hit with a .22 is better than a miss with a .44.

TESTIFY!!! :agree:

And Peggy, Tauruses have come a LONG ways. The G2s out there are as solid as anything else I have seen. For a while I was looking at the 24/7 G2 compact .45 for my own carry piece. Although I ended up going with the XD-S, I would still give the 24/7 a serious look if I were ever in the market again.

The Truth About Guns and a couple of other very reputable firearms reviewers have put them through their paces and found them to be very reliable, accurate, quality firearms that don't break the bank.

Good. Now I can buy one and not worry so much about malfunctions. I always worry a little bit and I suppose that's a good thing. My LCP jammed so bad one time, I didn't think I was going to get it out. Finally did. Fired into the ground about a yard from my feet. Yeah, I know, save your breath.

Most guys I talk with at the range say their wives use either a .38, .380, .32, or .22lr I have seen women shooting all these at the range and shoot them well. However I do not believe in the pocket .380's too much, they have quite a kick, I think the Kel Tec P-32 or maybe a Beretta Bobcat .22lr are best for pocket.
:dirol:

I have 2 Taurus' and love them both. One is a Millennium Pro PT 145 Pro in 45 cal and the other is PT 709 Slim in 9 MM. I did have a problem with the 45 but I sent it back to Taurus and it was repaired and returned in about 10 days. I carry both and that is the only problem I have had with either in 3 years. I shoot about 500 rnd in both per year.

Link Removed

My wife carries a Beretta Nano in 9mm/147grain JHP
Barbara is also a Kansas Concealed Carry instructor.

Most guys I talk with at the range say their wives use either a .38, .380, .32, or .22lr I have seen women shooting all these at the range and shoot them well. However I do not believe in the pocket .380's too much, they have quite a kick, I think the Kel Tec P-32 or maybe a Beretta Bobcat .22lr are best for pocket.
:dirol:

Most people in general that I talk to don't have a .32 and a lot of them have never heard of a .32. It's not a common round. And where are you getting that the .380 pocket pistols have "quite a kick"? I own the Sig P238 and the Glock 42 and neither of them "have quite a kick".

I'd love to see the demographics of who these "most people" you always seem to be talking to. Every time you say "most of the people I talk with", you end up saying something I find incredulous.

If I were you I would stop talking to "most of these people".

My wife purchased her own gun after I purchased her CC purse. Told her I'd buy the purse, she had to buy the accessory. Plus didn't want to get in a legal bind concerning a straw purchase. S&W 649 with Crimson Trace.

Sir are you saying your wife is a prohibited person? Technically it is only a straw purchase when you buy a gun for a person who cannot. As long as your wife can own a gun (according to state and Federal laws) it can be gifted to her by you.

Sir are you saying your wife is a prohibited person? Technically it is only a straw purchase when you buy a gun for a person who cannot. As long as your wife can own a gun (according to state and Federal laws) it can be gifted to her by you.

Still, he did the smart thing by having his wife make the actual purchase. Yes, a firearm can be gifted to an individual who is legally able to own one, but having her make the purchase removes all doubt.

I'm 70 and carry the Taurus TCP. It is easily concealed. I have put hundreds of rounds through it and it has been very reliable. But, I agree with most of these replies. It should be her choice as to what she feels comfortable carrying.

Still, he did the smart thing by having his wife make the actual purchase. Yes, a firearm can be gifted to an individual who is legally able to own one, but having her make the purchase removes all doubt.
Plus this was another forward step from her original statement of "I don't need a CWP and weapon" a few years back. Now she has full responsibility for owning and arming herself. It took a few years since I planted the seed but with care, nurturing and repeated crazies running around my seed has blossomed. She even suggested we go to the range this Saturday, clean our weapons after then off to BBQ for the late afternoon meal. God I Love this woman!
Plus I would add, her hand, her comfort, her carry. It really is all about her. She would rather shoot my Taurus .357 with Pachmayr grips but for the first 30 minutes at the range (50-100 rounds) it has to be with her carry gun. After that it's PLAY TIME....

My wife carries Ruger SRc9, one d-i-l has Ruger LC9, one has Taurus PT845, one has .357 revolver snubby but I've drawn a blank on make/model.

Concerning Taurus: My son and d-i-l have matching Taurus PT845, I have PT845 and PT99. The only problem we've had is the 845's don't like Tul ammo (not that I do either but it's cheap range work) but the 99 doesn't mind it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back