What is a good reason to put on a LTC application in massachusetts?

Attorney General's Approved list....

Link Removed

I agree 110%. Unfortunately, that is the law here and they have all the say they want. After doing some research on this issue, I have found that a police chief in Massachusetts has the right to deny anyone if he feels they are "unfit" for a firearm. People have been denied all over the state for dumb reasons. Unfortunately, the LEO would NOT even submit my application for a Class A LTC. This was done by his Chiefs orders (or so he says). I was told "I have been told not to submit this application for it will be immediately denied by the chief because of your age". I asked the LEO why I qualify for a B but not an A seeing as how the qualifications for both are IDENTICAL. His only response was "AGE" and that I do not have enough life experiences to carry a firearm or own a handgun of high capacity. I did ask him "what makes a firearm with 10 rounds any less lethal than one with 15? He had no response and shortly after this I decided to give up because I did not want to irritate him more and end up with nothing. I wish he had submitted my application for a Class A LTC, because if I was denied, I would have fought it in court.

I was told to re-apply around the age of 25, and at that time I "should get it". Before I do that I will be consulting a firearm attorney because I am not taking any chances. Hopefully by that time I will be living in a State where I can exercise my rights freely, like NH.

It is so ridiculous the hoops you have to jump through in Massachusetts to be able to exercise a right given to us by our fore fathers.

We are endowed by our CREATOR with certain inalienable rights, among which include, life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

RKBA was not given to us by anyone, including our forefathers. It is an inherent right from God that Big Brother (aka (Massa)chussetts) refuses to recognize.

My my my....would you like to run for Massachusetts office? I'll vote you in lol

That might not be such a bad idea. I could just issue an executive order my first day on the job to do away with the licensing system and establish reciprocity with other states. While I'm at it, I'd push for a constitutional amendment defining marriage as being between one man and one woman and lower taxes.

That might not be such a bad idea. I could just issue an executive order my first day on the job to do away with the licensing system and establish reciprocity with other states. While I'm at it, I'd push for a constitutional amendment defining marriage as being between one man and one woman and lower taxes.

God you need to run for office here! I agree 12932847%

Get over here and run now!

Would you like to be my running mate for Lieutenant Governor?

Hell yeah! then we could turn this place around!

Just to give you guys an update. I did receive my license in the mail yesterday. Took 5 weeks to come in. I have a Class B LTC with NO restrictions. Not to sure what that means since its not a Class A, but im happy it says none in the restriction box. The LEO told me it was going to be restricted, so Im not sure if its a mistake or not. Now I just got to go out and buy something :)

Congratulations on the procurement of your government permission slip! Of course if I ran that place, people would be free and thus, the government would serve the people, not vice versa.

.... I wish he had submitted my application for a Class A LTC, because if I was denied, I would have fought it in court.

I was told to re-apply around the age of 25, and at that time I "should get it". Before I do that I will be consulting a firearm attorney because I am not taking any chances. Hopefully by that time I will be living in a State where I can exercise my rights freely, like NH.

It is so ridiculous the hoops you have to jump through in Massachusetts to be able to exercise a right given to us by our fore fathers.

The bolded text is major ion Massachusetts, they ( LO ) issue a DOWNGRADED license ( class B ) because its not a "denial" and cannot be fought in court.
ONLY DENIALS can be appealed/fought.

hey capo2186,

check out taunton, ma police dept's website for a good explanation... Link Removed

"...A holder of a Class B License To Carry is not entitled to carry or possess a loaded firearm in a concealed manner in any public way or place. Additionally, the holder of a Class B License To Carry is not entitled to possess a large capacity firearm, except under a Class A club license or under the direct supervision of a holder of a valid Class A license at an incorporated shooting club..."

You can buy that revolver, but you can't carry it...you can bring it to the range in your trunk though ...class B sux

hey capo2186,

check out taunton, ma police dept's website for a good explanation... Link Removed

"...A holder of a Class B License To Carry is not entitled to carry or possess a loaded firearm in a concealed manner in any public way or place. Additionally, the holder of a Class B License To Carry is not entitled to possess a large capacity firearm, except under a Class A club license or under the direct supervision of a holder of a valid Class A license at an incorporated shooting club..."

You can buy that revolver, but you can't carry it...you can bring it to the range in your trunk though ...class B sux

Yes, I am aware of the fact that Class B LTCs do suck. However, it could have been worse. If the LEO did let me apply for the Class A LTC, which would have gotten me an immediate DENIAL (according to the chief there), then I would be facing legal matters as well as high legal fees. Although I am not as happy as I would have been with a Class A, I am still happy. I just purchased a Sig P220 which I am allowed (wow I can’t believe I have to say ALLOWED for something that is my right) to own. I also spoke with the store owner as well as other people whom have informed me that the large capacity rule does not apply to rifles, only handguns. Next year I will be buying a bushmaster, I love those. All hope is not lost with a Class B; most is, but not all. I will be perusing my Class A LTC ALP within a few years. Hopefully by then I will be living in a free state and will not need a Mass resident permit.

... I have a Class B LTC with NO restrictions. Not to sure what that means since its not a Class A, but im happy it says none in the restriction box.

I just wanted to make sure you understood that you can not "carry" (as in concealed carry of a loaded firearm) with that license, just transport your unloaded, non-high cap firearm...Ironic that they call the license a "Class B LTC", as in "license to carry", when you can't actually carry the firearm loaded and concealed...I guess if you ever encounter a BG, you can just pistol whip his a$$, or throw the Sig at 'em and run....

I guss it's better than nothing, but I personally would have contacted an attorney that deals specifically with these issues and gone for the "A LTC"...

The Sig P220 is a great weapon...Good choice given your situation...

I just wanted to make sure you understood that you can not "carry" (as in concealed carry of a loaded firearm) with that license, just transport your unloaded, non-high cap firearm...Ironic that they call the license a "Class B LTC", as in "license to carry", when you can't actually carry the firearm loaded and concealed...I guess if you ever encounter a BG, you can just pistol whip his a$$, or throw the Sig at 'em and run....

I guss it's better than nothing, but I personally would have contacted an attorney that deals specifically with these issues and gone for the "A LTC"...

The Sig P220 is a great weapon...Good choice given your situation...

Thank you for the explanation. I love this Sig it was definatly the best choice I have made so far. I plan on purchasing something in April, I can't wait

I understand that "assault weapons" are banned in the PRTA. The Bushmaster doesn't fall into that category? Or do you plan to be out of that godforsaken place by then?

I understand that "assault weapons" are banned in the PRTA. The Bushmaster doesn't fall into that category? Or do you plan to be out of that godforsaken place by then?

They don't fall into that category I'm assuming because they are in just about every local firearm store around here. I was talking to the owner of the store about one when I bought my Sig. I think because they come with a 10rd mag that they are legal? I am not sure on that however I do know that we can buy them here.

I hope that I would be out of here by then, however I just don't think I will be that fortunate at that time. I can't wait for the day I am free and can actually exercise my rights.

They don't fall into that category I'm assuming because they are in just about every local firearm store around here. I was talking to the owner of the store about one when I bought my Sig. I think because they come with a 10rd mag that they are legal? I am not sure on that however I do know that we can buy them here.

I hope that I would be out of here by then, however I just don't think I will be that fortunate at that time. I can't wait for the day I am free and can actually exercise my rights.

Ok, here's another question. Since the hi cap restrictions apply only to handguns, what are the largest capacity magazines available for the Bushmaster in PRTA?

Ok, here's another question. Since the hi cap restrictions apply only to handguns, what are the largest capacity magazines available for the Bushmaster in PRTA?

I have no clue on that one haha. I think you can buy a 30rd if it’s a pre-ban mag? Don't quote me on that for I am not sure, I am only assuming here. I would most likely just stick with the 10rd just to be safe till I make the move to NH. Is there even a limit to the amount a mag can hold in NH and other "FREE" states?

I have no clue on that one haha. I think you can buy a 30rd if it’s a pre-ban mag? Don't quote me on that for I am not sure, I am only assuming here. I would most likely just stick with the 10rd just to be safe till I make the move to NH. Is there even a limit to the amount a mag can hold in NH and other "FREE" states?

In NH, there are no special licenses required to possess or purchase firearms of any kind, including Class III and NFA weapons. For Class III and NFA, as long as you meet the federal requirements, you're good to go. Open carry is allowed outside of vehicles without a permit, and a permit to conceal costs only $10 for residents and $20 for nonresidents, and no training is required for it.

In NH, there are no special licenses required to possess or purchase firearms of any kind, including Class III and NFA weapons. For Class III and NFA, as long as you meet the federal requirements, you're good to go. Open carry is allowed outside of vehicles without a permit, and a permit to conceal costs only $10 for residents and $20 for nonresidents, and no training is required for it.

The land of the free....Im jealous

I want to get my NH non-res permit, however because of my Class B LTC I don't think I can. NH law requires a concealed weapons permit from another state for the Non-Res.

So here is the question... If I get my Florida CCW, can I then use that for the NH one?

The land of the free....Im jealous

I want to get my NH non-res permit, however because of my Class B LTC I don't think I can. NH law requires a concealed weapons permit from another state for the Non-Res.

So here is the question... If I get my Florida CCW, can I then use that for the NH one?

1: New Hampshire doesn't care that your MA license is Restricted, NH has only 1 license, and they willissue as long as you're good in your homestate.

2: Yes your Florida NR permit will also get you the NH license

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back