What If???

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
What if gas gets so expensive that you can't afford to go to anywhere but work.

Chew this one over and what if the consequences and the outcomes.

It is getting close already. I have seen some predictions of 11 to 16 dollars a gallon in 3-5 years.

That idea of solar,hydro, and wind power for my house and an electric car idea are all going to suddenly make much more financial sense!!!!

True, true. Until we citizens cry UNCLE!!! and the economy starts grinding to a halt, nothing will happen. But with such high prices we might start using more of our own oil.

I bet they are setting us up for $4.00 prices by spring and $4.50 by the 4th of July.

Not to mention the price of metal is going up, reflecting on ammo prices. Food, the housing market, many things are pointing toward a economic collapse. China is getting rich off of us, and we just keep on tightening the noose by outsourcing jobs. I think there is going to be some hard times up ahead, real soon. I am trying to cut back on going to the shooting range, and stockpiling my ammo. It would be wise for me to do the same with food as well.

Yep, the way things are going you would almost think our government is doing this to us on purpose. Oh thats right that sounds like conspiracy and we all know there are no conspiracies right.

It can only go so far until the public riots or strikes. If every one in the US didn't buy gas for one day think of how many millions the gas co. would loose and how panicked the government would be?

You kidding me? On my way to work Tuesday I saw diesel for $4.19 a gallon and I drive a diesel!!

I'm looking into biodiesel NOW.

$200 Billion Fed Bailout

Funny, I didn't know that there was any surplus in the U.S. for the Fed to be writing checks. If there is money then there is no deficit and the cash should be put back into social security and pension plans that would stabilize the future.

On the dark side, the money just thrown at the stock market was taken by the automated trading systems and the general public lost their shirt again. When the cycle is complete and there is no more trickle down then the economy will collapse, including the neighborhood jobs and services that our kids depend on to begin their lives. I took my money out of the stock market. Maybe the stock market can't fail like it did early in the 20th century but that doesn't mean the dollar won't be devalued to the point that a million won't buy a cup of coffee.

Memphis, biodiesel works--we've got a friend that converted his truck and now runs it off used oil from the greasy cafe here in town. Don't know the details or specifics, but the thing drives around and it's cheap.

Anyone have experience with a natural gas vehicle? Been looking at that lately for our suburban that eats gas like, well, like a suburban . . .

It can only go so far until the public riots or strikes. If every one in the US didn't buy gas for one day think of how many millions the gas co. would loose and how panicked the government would be?
They would lose exactly $0, because the gas that no one bought on that one day will be eventually purchased the next day, or the day after that, etc. Towing and roadside assistance companies would love it when millions of people run out of gas, though. :icon_wink:

No They would lose

They would lose exactly $0, because the gas that no one bought on that one day will be eventually purchased the next day, or the day after that, etc. Towing and roadside assistance companies would love it when millions of people run out of gas, though. :icon_wink:

They have projected sales and any dent in that projection hurts their bottom line. Besides, who would organize such a thing?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back