What I saw this weekend

When I used to ride a motorcycle it was the only means of transportation I had at the time. One day while on my bike going to the range for some target practice I had a Mini 14 strapped across my back. A local LEO pulled me over. I never unslung my weapon but waited on my bike with the engine turned off to see how this was going to play out. The LEO asked to see my Mini 14, checked to make sure I didn't have a live round in the chamber or loaded mag inserted. He then inspected my Mini 14 asking me questions about where did I get the folding stock, heat proof handguard and other add-on's. It was more conversational than anything else. The LEO handed me back my rifle, told me to have a good day and left. I have several friends who ride motorcycles, mostly Harley's, that carry open when ridding and none of them have ever been stopped. These friends all have non-resident FL CCW permits so even if they were stopped they would be legal. In Louisiana it is legal to carry open but not recommended. It's also legal to carry a handgun inside your vehicle without a permit as your vehicle is considered an extension of your home.

I wonder what would have transpired if you had it chambered and a full magazine? Not that I would recommend it, crashing could create an unintentional discharge, but still? It's not illegal is it?

Gotta luv the pix on NDS post. Now I daydream about mounts on my car and my boat. Also a nice mount with a remote control on my front door and maybe a motorized mount that turns 360 to sweep my house all connected to a small TV monitor that I could have on me and watch and direct the action. My frustrations with our current federal government are causing me headaches and these daydreams.

Yesterday I saw a truck in a parking lot with what looked like a Barrett .50 mounted on the back bed. This was in Idaho in front of a gun shop so apparently it's there all the time.

Thoughts? Wonder what caliber he prefers for his firearm.
Concerns? Only that he's properly maintained his firearm.
Comments? Motorcycles and guns are both a blast!

I almost always open carry while riding. Between gear, gloves, and balancing the bike drawing from concealed its pretty damned tasking. Other drivers tend to give you more space too.

just happened to me in CT

On my way back from a range up in Torrington CT. I was heading down rt8 riding my Roadking. I had my Kahr pm9 in a IWB holster at the small of my back. I was conscious that the wind may blow up the back of my shirt and was periodically pulling on the sides of it to make sure it was down. However I didn't realize that the back of my shirt had already blown above and was stuck behind the grip. A guy that past me in the next lane quickly shifted to the left and slowed down. As I got next to him he screamed out the window.... " your weapon is exposed! ". ! Even though open carry is technically legal in CT. I'm sure a trooper would have lit me up and read me the riot act for sure. Who needs that BS. So if the dude who saw me and made me aware is reading this, THANKS!

On my way back from a range up in Torrington CT. I was heading down rt8 riding my Roadking. I had my Kahr pm9 in a IWB holster at the small of my back. I was conscious that the wind may blow up the back of my shirt and was periodically pulling on the sides of it to make sure it was down. However I didn't realize that the back of my shirt had already blown above and was stuck behind the grip. A guy that past me in the next lane quickly shifted to the left and slowed down. As I got next to him he screamed out the window.... " your weapon is exposed! ". ! Even though open carry is technically legal in CT. I'm sure a trooper would have lit me up and read me the riot act for sure. Who needs that BS. So if the dude who saw me and made me aware is reading this, THANKS!
That happens to me quite a lot since its been so hot and t-shirts are about it for riding gear, but this a open carry state, and while I don't openly show it on purpose, most of the LEOs around don't freak out when they see it, they may follow you for a bit but thats about it

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back