What holster do you use???

Silver Dollar pancake from Simply Rugged. My first leather holster and it works great and holds securely.

Link Removed

CCW holster

My primary CCW holster is the SmartCarry. I have purchased several holsters in my quest for the perfect holster. There are times I have felt addicted to purchasing the perfect holster and most reading this can understand that feeling. I had been looking for a holster that would allow me to wear anything I wanted, shirt tucked in or not. Well, this holster is my answer. The ONLY concern I have ever had with the SmartCarry is the ability to draw while seated. BUT I have found through practice that drawing while sitting down is not difficult at all. With practice, anyone can draw in the seated position quite fast. It just takes some time and practice. I carry the Taurus 650 .357 mag revolver, which has no exposed hammer to get caught on clothing during the draw. It is almost impossible to know or see that I am carrying, unless you knew it and was looking for it. The gun is carried in a place that people are usually not starring at, and since I have my shirts tucked in, no one would even dream that I was carrying and this immediately relaxes everyone around me. The other day, I was attending a party at a Harley dealership. I walked by two LEOs and neither even suspected I was carrying. Of course, it would not matter since I have a CCW permit. But, if I can have the general public relaxed around me and not suspect anything, then that keeps the liberals quiet and it might give me an edge when confronted in a criminal assault situation. Also, for any who ride motorcycles, I am a Harley owner. I have ridden my Road King Classic all over God's creation with the SmartCarry and it is very comfortable...so comfortable that it is easy to forget I am carrying at all (SmartCarry - Concealed Gun Holsters). Tactical Tim Schmidt (USCCA) has a nice video on the SmartCarry. This can be found at:
YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought a Blackhawk Serpa Concealment holster (carbon fiber) for my Glock 23. It comes with both the paddle and belt loop platform. In the paddle configuration, it holds so securely that you nearly have to get undressed to remove it

I have 2 Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro. One for the safe queen M&P9c and my G19. I use them primarily as IWB. They can also be worn OWB but...
I have a Fist #12 for my G19 that I wear most of the time and a Side Guard that I carry my 3" model 60 in.
Then there is a Minotaur that is set up for the G26 but I rarely carry it IWB.

Also a couple of Uncle Mike's and one or two others for the snubbies and at the nightstand or in the car.

Then there is the box with....

I have several different models of Fobus holsters all used on a 511 "Operator belt". the belt is a little pricey but it works excellent and they are tough.

I use a Don Bullard Dual carry for IWB and OWB depending on my mood (the belts clips can be reversed) and a Blackhawk Serpa Thigh rig for when I just don't care if you can see my gun or not.

It depends on what I'm wearing, what I'm carrying & where I am going.
My Sigma 40v is my usual CC.
If I am wearing jeans or wearing a jacket I use a Tagua IWB leather holster.
If I am wearing sweats, or shorts, and even my business suit, I use a Smartcarry deep concealment holster.

When I use my S&W K frame .357
I usually open carry because it is a 6" barrel. I use a Safety-Speed Gun Rig.
I do have an uncle mikes nylon shoulder rig for it, but I rarely use it as it is uncomfortable to carry a cannon under my arm LOL.

For my RIA 1911's, I use a basic Galco paddle holster, but I didn't like the cold plastic against my skin, so I glued a leather shield to it for more comfort. Works for the compact and the full size as well.
Link Removed

I have several holsters. Depends on how hot it is getting here in the state with 2 seasons. (winter= hot and summer= holly s*** its hot):crazy_pilot:

It really depends on the mood, clothing being worn and weather. I have a Crossbreed IWB very nice and comforatable. I probably carry with my Kydex in either Appendix carry or SOB palm out kydex. My wife carry's SOB and appendix with her G30 and her G27. If its cold out I will carry OWB with a shark skin from Wilson Combat for my 1911 which is all I carry. I dont like bulky holsters and prefer kydex because they are thin and comfortable to wear.

Crossbreed super tuck for my XDM 45 and a blackhawk check-six for my Taurus millenium pro 145

Kimber TLE/RL II IWB MTAC or Milt Sparks VMII, Tucker The Answer OWB Serpa
G30 IWB CBST OWB Serpa
G22 IWB CBST OWB Serpa

For the Kimber I use the VMII for more dressy occasions. The rest for casual outings

I use the Cross Breed Supertuck for both my Glock and Sig

That company must be aiming for the transvestite market with a name like that.

Seriously though, anyone used a Galco SOB Small of Back holster?
I wonder how comfortable it is.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back