What eye protection do you use?

SIGGator

I personally get away with just my normal glasses, but I've heard many love the Oakley M Frame. What do you guys think?

I usually use one of the many pairs of Silencio shooting glasses which I got free with CDNN orders... Clear for indoor, Tinted for outdoor.

I use a paid of clear glasses I bought from my local range when I bought my first gun. I also have a couple other $7 yellow walmart shooters glasses in my bag for other people.

When I'm at Front Sight, I wear my Costa Del Mar's.

Lacking an indoor range in our area I don't have to use clear shooting glasses so I rely on my Nikon shooting sunglasses. :cool:

Wiley X PT-1 w/ clear and smoked lenses. I got them from a family member who is a flight instructor. He got them from one of his students, a soldier stationed at Ft. Campbell. They are nice, but I want to change over to Oakley M-Frames and much better lenses.

WileyX AirRage LA-they have light adjusting lenses, not real good for bright sunny days, but then there are a whole bunch of those here. ;) They came with the pads around the eyes, easier to look than explain. Take a look here

I break or scratch glasses too quickly to pay for expensive ones. I only shoot outdoors and do so with yellow tinted shooting glasses from Academy (don't recall the brand).

Regular prescription glasses for me, cheap safety glasses for the wife that there are several pairs of on a table before you walk into the range we use most often.

I use any ANSI Z41 certified safety glasses with side shields, unless they are wraparound style. My sons gave me a pair of Oakley's for my birthday. They are almost too nice to have at the range.

tex

Last edited:
I've got two pairs of Remington shooting glasses - one dark, one yellow. For clear ones, I have a pair of the CDNN Silencio's like molonlabetn mentioned. I have a pair of normal clear safety glasses for loaners that I picked up at a local farm supply store.

I wear prescription glasses everyday but I know I should wear protective glasses as well when I shoot. I have a pair, and I'm ashamed to say I don't wear them as often as I should.

Sunglasses

I use Ralph Lauren aviator style sunglasses! I don't shoot better with
them but I do look marvelous!

The damn things cost more than some of my guns.
Mandatory use at all times. THE WIFE bought them!

Best wishes all!

I wear yellow-tinted shooter's glasses when I'm indoors or when it's cloudy, and safety sunglasses when it's sunny.

Prescription shooting glassess...

I have to wear glasses to see but do not have any for shooting from a safety standpoint. I wear my regular glasses for lack of anything appropriate to shoot with. Any recommendations for prescription shooting glasses??

shooting glasses

I use my prescription eyewear, so does my wife. My 13 year old son uses his prescription glasses, plus a cheap pair of Wal-Mart clear goggles that fits over his eyewear.

Oakley (half jacket and M-Frames) I wear a set anytime I am out of the house. Stuff gets blown around, come in the car windows, and if I were ever to be in a gun battle glass, concrete, asphalt and other fragments could result in the loss of an eye.

Last edited:
I wear contact lenses, and age has reduced my ability to focus up close. I use industrial safety glasses with Optx stick-on bifocals. They can be placed to allow good view of the sights.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back