What does your permit cover?

You posted an interesting question. Researching Georgia's laws shows "concealed weapons" and lists several such as knives, bludgeons and firearms. It goes on to talk about carrying a concealed firearm which sounds singular. It's something I'm going to have to research deeper.

I have a GA permit, been stopped by LE while carrying primary and 2 BUG. I simply let the LEO know where they were at, kept my hands where they could see them and had no issues with them. The LEO was a little shocked at first, asking why I needed more than one gun. I then asked him if he carried a BUG. That seemed to satisfy his curiosity.

gf

That may be so in your state and I'm happy for you. But looks like NM can only carry "ONE". Some states do not give permits that look like DL's ( that's driver license's) that are hard plastic and have information about what you can and can not do on the permit it's self. For NH residents we get a piece of paper that state's " Issue date, Ex date, eye color, hair color, full name, weight,height,issued by, My John Hancock,police chefs John Hancock. Oh and my address and that's all i get for four years. No hard plastic no photo on it. Can call the police station but you know they are going to make shit up as they do not want you to have more then one gun on you. They hate the fact that you have one. So that's why i ask. IT"S NOT THE SAME IN EVERY STATE!!!!!

Actually, going into your local police or sheriff's office might be just what you need to do if you can't find the answer you want elsewhere.

I live in Idaho near the Washington border. As I travel in each state daily I figured I needed two permits. A guy at the local gun store said that's what I had to do. But Idaho's state website said they honor Washington's permits. So I went in to the Sheriff's office and asked. They pulled out a printed paper which said Idaho accepts and honors all other state's permits, no exception. I was then told that means they honor even non-resident permits held by Idaho residents. This question comes up all the time and I definitely only need the Washington permit.

Since Washington won't accept Idaho's (because Idaho will allow 18 year olds to posess a permit which is not allowed in Washington) but Idaho accepts theirs, that's the way I went and I'm legal in both states. I guess this shows not every law enforcement agency is out to get the gun owner.

No it's not the same in every state, but your blanket statement that "they hate the fact you have one" doesn't apply everywhere either.

I have a GA permit, been stopped by LE while carrying primary and 2 BUG. I simply let the LEO know where they were at, kept my hands where they could see them and had no issues with them. The LEO was a little shocked at first, asking why I needed more than one gun. I then asked him if he carried a BUG. That seemed to satisfy his curiosity. gf

That's good to know, however, I think I'm going to continue research for actual legality. Many LEO's are not completely up to date on the laws and some laws are vague. While I usually carry only one it would be good to know for sure just in case.

LOL, i searched Google for like five hours last night and could come up with nothing on NH permits.

Michigan's Concealed Pistol License states...

"This License allow the Licensee to Carry A Pistol...."
I have the Trusty Michigan Firearm Laws and every thing there is pointing to A Pistol..

RHB

this question was brought up at a local gun store that I frequent here in michigan.. the worker at the gun store said that the permit allows one to carry as many as he'she wants.. it is not limited to 1 gun. I know in nevada they only allow 1 gun and it must be written on the permit which gun is your carry gun and you can only carry that gun there. I think that most other states also allow as many as you want.. I think calling a gun store and asking them or better yet a ccw instructor and ask them would be the best way to find out for sure what your state allows.

Michigan CPL

Morning Y'all..

First,by no means am I an Attorney. In all matters reguarding your CPL, Always Seek Legal Advise from a Qualified Attorney. I was a Real Estate Agent Many Moons ago. All Thru training we were taught, Always Seek an Attorney for help, Never give advise... The same applies here.

A Full version of the Michigan Fire Arm Laws is available in PDF Format to download for free. (Again, This is not a substitute for Qualified Advise.)

MSP - Firearms

"The concealed weapon licensing board shall issue a license to an applicant to carry a concealed pistol within the period required under...

2) Subject to section 5o and except as otherwise provided by law, a license to carry a concealed pistol issued by the county...

concealed weapon licensing board authorizes the licensee to do all of the following:

(a) Carry a pistol concealed on or about his or her person anywhere in this state.

(b) Carry a pistol in a vehicle, whether concealed or not concealed, anywhere in this state..."

RHB

Permit coverage

spf beat me to the punch on Washington's Concealed Pistol License. The Washington license is not hard plastic and has no photo, plus you have to pay extra to have it laminated. The thing that bothers me is that Washington does not require any kind of training to obtain the license. You have people carrying guns that may not even know which way the bullets face in the gun. I was informed that Washington used to have a Concealed Weapons Permit, but people began carrying martial arts weapons and all kinds of weird stuff, so the switched it to a pistol license. It does indeed say 'pistols,' so until and unless I am advised other wise, I carry my XD on my hip and my Firestar, until I can sell it, in a shoulder rig. I sort of like the New York reload, grab another loaded weapon.

this question was brought up at a local gun store that I frequent here in michigan.. the worker at the gun store said that the permit allows one to carry as many as he'she wants.. it is not limited to 1 gun. I know in nevada they only allow 1 gun and it must be written on the permit which gun is your carry gun and you can only carry that gun there. I think that most other states also allow as many as you want.. I think calling a gun store and asking them or better yet a ccw instructor and ask them would be the best way to find out for sure what your state allows.

Nope, not true. Nevada allows as many concealed semi-auto pistols as you qualify with, and then they are listed on the back of the card. As well, you can qualify with one revolver and then carry more than one concealed and only having the word revolver listed on the back. Also, I understand that we can add pistols later for a $15 fee after the card is initially issued.

spf beat me to the punch on Washington's Concealed Pistol License. The Washington license is not hard plastic and has no photo, plus you have to pay extra to have it laminated. The thing that bothers me is that Washington does not require any kind of training to obtain the license. You have people carrying guns that may not even know which way the bullets face in the gun. I was informed that Washington used to have a Concealed Weapons Permit, but people began carrying martial arts weapons and all kinds of weird stuff, so the switched it to a pistol license. It does indeed say 'pistols,' so until and unless I am advised other wise, I carry my XD on my hip and my Firestar, until I can sell it, in a shoulder rig. I sort of like the New York reload, grab another loaded weapon.

Whats wrong with that NH is the same way no training of any kind to get a permit. don't even have to be 21 to apply for and get a permit. I kinda like it as some people want there permit but do not have the few hundred dollars for the training class's. This allow's them to still get there permit and carry a gun with them. Most people who apply for a permit have some idea how to use the gun. They may not be james bond but most have some clue how to load and fire it. Now what about this Does your permit allow you to carry around a gun with a suppressor on it? Or what about the AR-15 pistols? It has pistol in the name so can you carry it? 30 round or 100 round drum mag of 5.56mm?

With the exception of NM, you can carry as you can effectively conceal. You can openly carry as many as you want in NM. You can conceal as many as you want in your vehicle in NM as it is an extension of your home under NM law.

Nope, not true. Nevada allows as many concealed semi-auto pistols as you qualify with, and then they are listed on the back of the card. As well, you can qualify with one revolver and then carry more than one concealed and only having the word revolver listed on the back. Also, I understand that we can add pistols later for a $15 fee after the card is initially issued.

That is correct.

To clarify. NV is the only shall issue State that requires you to qualify with specific semi-auto pistols and any revolver. The good news is if you qualify with one particular, make, model and caliber of semi-auto you can carry them all regardless of serial number (i.e. if you qualify with a S&W 5906, you can carry any S&W 5906 regardless of serial number provided that serial number is legal for you to have of course). If you qualify with any caliber revolver are authorized to carry any revolver or one or two round derringer without caliber limitation.

When Nevada first went shall issue, it use to be just two firearms period, then we went to any number. Now we're down to any number of specific semi-auto pistols down to the make, model and caliber and any revolver. Assemblyperson Settelmeyer has a BDR to remove the specific semi-auto pistol qualification requirement where it will be down to any semi-auto pistol and any revolver. I doubt the bill will make it out of assembly judiciary committee since our friend Bernie Anderson was re-elected for another term.

Of the may not issue States, CA and NY(C) itemize by make, model, caliber and serial number. If it is not specifically on your permit in those respective States down to the serial number, you're not authorized to carry it.

Last edited:
Whats wrong with that NH is the same way no training of any kind to get a permit. don't even have to be 21 to apply for and get a permit. I kinda like it as some people want there permit but do not have the few hundred dollars for the training class's. This allow's them to still get there permit and carry a gun with them. Most people who apply for a permit have some idea how to use the gun. They may not be james bond but most have some clue how to load and fire it. Now what about this Does your permit allow you to carry around a gun with a suppressor on it? Or what about the AR-15 pistols? It has pistol in the name so can you carry it? 30 round or 100 round drum mag of 5.56mm?
Supressors are illegal in WA. WA is a horrible class III State.

In most States if it meets with the statutory definition of a concealable firearm you can carry it. An AR and AK pistol would meet with the statutory definition of a semi-automatic firearm under NRS 202.3653 (5) so you would be legal if it was itemized on your NV CFP. However, the 30, 40 round magazines or drums would make the firearm less than concealable so while it would be legal, you'd have to wear a trench or over coat to conceal it; not really fashionable in 100+ degree heat.

Supressors are illegal in WA. WA is a horrible class III State.

In most States if it meets with the statutory definition of a concealable firearm you can carry it. An AR and AK pistol would meet with the statutory definition of a semi-automatic firearm under NRS 202.3653 (5) so you would be legal if it was itemized on your NV CFP. However, the 30, 40 round magazines or drums would make the firearm less than concealable so while it would be legal, you'd have to wear a trench or over coat to conceal it; not really fashionable in 100+ degree heat.

If you can find an appropriate holster for it, you could possibly throw it in a backpack or fanny bag. I could imagine how silly it would look in a fanny bag. :haha:

gf

The Connecticut permit says on the front:
"Connecticut State Permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers"

Both "pistols" and "revolvers" are plural. Other than that, all that is on the card are numbers, personal info, a list of pistol permit classifications, and the words "Safety first - Every gun is a loaded gun".

:)

Yes but i live in NH. It's never that Hot up here other then summer time for a few weeks out of the year. LOL keep a 50BMG in the car with a Mrk19 and maybe at4 lol j/k.

You can openly carry as many as you want in NM. You can conceal as many as you want in your vehicle in NM as it is an extension of your home under NM law.

I believe that it works the same way in Nevada. Your vehicle is considered an extension of your home and you can carry concealed in your vehicle w/out a license.

Correct me if I'm wrong, is a concealed a knife in a vehicle in California a felony, but a concealed firearm in a vehicle is a misdemeanor?

It seems I once read a silly law which I believe has been repealed. That one state in the south prohibited carrying any wepon concealed if it was over six feet in length. I am disabled and walk with a cane. In Arizona, my Concealed Weapon Permit did not say one thing about firearms, just weapons, and i could carry a sword cane. There was some argument about carrying one without a permit, based on the shaft of the cane being a scabbard for the blade. If someone can take a castration knife and staple two pieces of cardboard and call it a scabbard, the shaft of a cane should be one, too. I cannot carry my sword cane in washington, apparently, so I throw my cane, draw and fire if it becomes necessary.

It seems I once read a silly law which I believe has been repealed. That one state in the south prohibited carrying any wepon concealed if it was over six feet in length. I am disabled and walk with a cane. In Arizona, my Concealed Weapon Permit did not say one thing about firearms, just weapons, and i could carry a sword cane. There was some argument about carrying one without a permit, based on the shaft of the cane being a scabbard for the blade. If someone can take a castration knife and staple two pieces of cardboard and call it a scabbard, the shaft of a cane should be one, too. I cannot carry my sword cane in washington, apparently, so I throw my cane, draw and fire if it becomes necessary.

I don't care what state you're in. If you can properly carry a 6 foot long weapon concealed, I'll let you.

If you can find an appropriate holster for it, you could possibly throw it in a backpack or fanny bag. I could imagine how silly it would look in a fanny bag. :haha:
I can picture it now, is that a 100 round drum or are you happy to see me? :rolleyes:

BZZT! Thank you for playing!

I believe that it works the same way in Nevada. Your vehicle is considered an extension of your home and you can carry concealed in your vehicle w/out a license.
Nope. See NV AG Opinion 93-14; CCW on or about your person in a vehicle is a category C felony per NRS 202.350 with a 1 to 5 year taxpayer expense paid accomodations in courtesy of the Nevada Department of Corrections. If it is concealed in your vehicle, it needs to be concealed in the vehicle or a container within the vehicle, not on or about your person.

Correct me if I'm wrong, is a concealed a knife in a vehicle in California a felony, but a concealed firearm in a vehicle is a misdemeanor?
It appears under the CA PC to be a misdemeanor. However the CA PC reads worse than the IRS code. Best way to deal with CA's stupid laws is don't go there.

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back