What do you want in your handgun?

cluznar

I think before buying a handgun people need to really think about what they want.
For me, I want something dependable and accurate. I want something easy to conceal since I have my CCW permit. I want something with a longer, heavier first trigger pull so I don't need to use a safety. I like 3 dot sights. I don't need a caliber that will knock them into the next county. I don't need over 10 round mags. I want something that will go bang when I pull the trigger.

Sooooooo I found what I want in a gun. My Bersa Thunder .32 acp fits all these qualifications. I completely trust this gun and carry it all the time. I know, you guys are already yelling "a .32?" but I have no doubt it will do the job.

So what about you? :dirol:

For concealed carry, I want a gun that is small enough for pocket carry, light, and dependable. I want a semiauto. I love single action revolvers but don't want one for concealed carry. (I don't care for double action revolvers at all.) I do not want a hard trigger pull, including first shot. I want a very smooth trigger pull. I want at least 6 rounds, I don't need 10 rounds. I do not want excessive recoil, so since I want a very light gun that will rule out the 10mm, .40, and .45s, and 9x17mm is marginal concerning recoil on a very light small gun. I decided to limit my options to .22, .25. .32, and .380. Currently carry a Taurus 738 TCP in .380 acp in a pocket holster, 10 oz. Very happy with it.

For open carry I use either a 9mm Luger P-08, or a .22 Ruger Mark III standard (same grip shape and very similar ergonomics to the Luger, we are limited to .22s carrying while fishing on Game Lands here out of hunting season, even with a CCW permit). Occasionally a single action .45.

Gee if I could have anything I want, hmm, ok, Hits like a 12 gauge, doesn't penetrate walls, recoil like a .22, small and light as a KelTek AT3, accurate as a Colt Gold cup, capacity of a Glock 17 and dead on reliability. Sigh, it's all about compromise. I carry either a Glock 19 or 26. Close enough.

I think before buying a handgun people need to really think about what they want.
For me, I want something dependable and accurate. I want something easy to conceal since I have my CCW permit. I want something with a longer, heavier first trigger pull so I don't need to use a safety. I like 3 dot sights. I don't need a caliber that will knock them into the next county. I don't need over 10 round mags. I want something that will go bang when I pull the trigger.

Sooooooo I found what I want in a gun. My Bersa Thunder .32 acp fits all these qualifications. I completely trust this gun and carry it all the time. I know, you guys are already yelling "a .32?" but I have no doubt it will do the job.

So what about you? :dirol:

I want the biggest caliber known to man.
I want a thousand round capacity.
I want a solid trigger that has very little over travel and reset.
I want my bullets to penetrate solid titanium, 3feet thick!
But most of all... And here is the kicker.....
I would like EVERYONE here to understand that cluznar is nothing but a gun grabbing, anti second amendment, magazine limitation, "assault rifle" banning sheep in sheeps clothing....
Period.

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

I already have what I want "in" my handgun...

What I'd really like is for everyone else to get their nose "OUT" of what they think I should only need "in" my handgun.

Howdy,

I want a thousand round capacity.
I want a solid trigger that has very little over travel and reset.
I want my bullets to penetrate solid titanium, 3feet thick!
But most of all... And here is the kicker.....
I would like EVERYONE here to understand that cluznar is nothing but a gun grabbing, anti second amendment, magazine limitation, "assault rifle" banning sheep in sheeps clothing....
Period.

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

Too funny.

For some unknown reason he keeps spouting off about he's Bersa .32 which would be one of my very last picks for a handgun for any reason.
Here's a couple of reason that the Bersa .32 would NOT be my handgun of choice.

1.) The .32acp is very underpowered and wil not reliably stop an armed person that is intent on killing you.

2.) There are handguns on the market that are smaller and lighter than the Bersa that are chambered in a more powerful round like .380 or 9mm.

I have a Kel Tek PF-9 9mm that I use only when I cannot carry a real gun like my Glock 23 or the one I've been carrying lately, a Taurus PT845 .45acp.

Paul

P.S. How many threads have he started about his Bersa?

First of all, from what I understand, the Bersa Thunder .32 ACP was discontinued around mid 2012, probably because it doesn't make much sense to sell the same gun in .22lr, .32 ACP, and .380 ACP. Bersa is only selling replacement parts for the .32 ACP version.

Second of all, .32 ACP has weak terminal ballistics. .380 ACP has about 66% more total energy than .32 ACP with better JHP penetration and expansion capabilities. The 20% (non-standard) gel test from Brass Fetcher Ballistic Testing shows that Link Removed

.32 isn't ALL bad.

My stepmother carried a tiny one on her commute for years (long since retired and still keeps it handy).
It didn't scare her so she'd actually carry it. That's half the battle right there.

As for the OP, his gun, his choice. Its a free country (mostly).

So its a 32, if it was a 32 mag, maybe ok, but personaly I would choose a 22LR with CCI Stingers, twice the speed of a 32acp and according to some test's hits as hard, the only one I would choose under a 32 acp is a 25 acp, all a 25 will do for personal protection is piss somebody off, unless you were able to get a shot up there nose or in there eye, at very close range, you may be better off hitting them with the gun itself, so the anoligy any gun is better than no gun pretty much holds true, except for a 25, ...........if any of you wanabe gun people doubt what I said about the 25, look it up, google handgun rds terminal ballistics.............

22 Stinger out of a 2" barrel 974 ft/s. 67.76 ft-lb of energy.

32 ACP CorBon out of a 2" barrel 944 ft/s. 99.46 lb-ft of energy.

ballisticsbytheinch.com

Where does this belief that CCI Stingers have TWICE the velocity come from? From the published velocity on the box, that is out of an 18" rifle.

Even if I were using a 22 pistol, I would use CCI Velocities rather than Stingers. Velocitors have more energy.

I have never shot the Bersa Thunder in .32 ACP, but I have shot it in .380 ACP. The recoil is not that bad. It is actually quite fun to shoot. Having said that, it is a blow-back operated gun. It is quite possible that a .380 ACP handgun with a locked breach mechanism, like the Glock 42, has a recoil similar to the Bersa Thunder in .32 ACP. A .38 Special revolver could be a better option too. The OP has been advocating his/her choice. However, there are more choices and some of them may be better, considering the same requirements that lead someone to initially go for the .32 ACP caliber. It's a free country. That means it is each individual's responsibility to think and choose for himself/herself. It also means that we are free to change our minds based on the input from other people. Heck, the OP may even want to rent the Bersa Thunder in .380 ACP to try it out and eventually go for it. Same gun and same controls, just better caliber.

I want a weapon that feels right in my hand. And 'Natural Accuracy,' To fire accurately for me without me needing to worry about Actively Correcting Finger Pull, Dropping Wrist, etc...

For my EDC, I also want the largest caliber for the most knock down power. If I have to draw and fire, I don't want the BG getting back up.

Easily concealable since I CC.

And like Bhoffman said,
What do I want IN my handgun?

Modern self defense cartridges of course.

I have this with my Glock 30. If I were to OC I would probably go with it's big brother, the Glock 21.

For my back up or for dress occasions when I want something smaller:

I wish I had test fired the Beretta Nano, I don't have the natural accuracy with it. A Ruger LC9 Fires Great without any Thought or Correction so I wish I had gotten that instead. But I let myself be talked into the Nano because it didn't have the external safety and the Ruger LC9 did. As I read more on the LC9 after making the purchase I see that the Ruger would be safe enough to carry with out engaging it's external safety and just relying on it's internal safeties. /sigh.

I need to try a Ruger LCP and see if I have 'Natural Acurracy' with it.

But still, I would want
Modern self defense cartridges of course.

Why is it that everytime I see cluznar start a thread it's always him trying to justify his choice of small caliber budget handguns for concealed carry. I very rarely see anyone bashing on his choices, unless clearly invited too, which leads me to believe even further that he is trying to prove something to himself with these threads rather than anybody else.

Why is it that everytime I see cluznar start a thread it's always him trying to justify his choice of small caliber budget handguns for concealed carry. I very rarely see anyone bashing on his choices, unless clearly invited too, which leads me to believe even further that he is trying to prove something to himself with these threads rather than anybody else.

For my EDC, I also want the largest caliber for the most knock down power. If I have to draw and fire, I don't want the BG getting back up.

Polite Bash.

Second of all, .32 ACP has weak terminal ballistics. .380 ACP has about 66% more total energy than .32 ACP with better JHP penetration and expansion capabilities.

Bash.

1.) The .32acp is very underpowered and wil not reliably stop an armed person that is intent on killing you.

2.) There are handguns on the market that are smaller and lighter than the Bersa that are chambered in a more powerful round like .380 or 9mm.

Bash Again

Period.

SLAM!!!!

.32 isn't ALL bad.

My stepmother carried a tiny one on her commute for years (long since retired and still keeps it handy).
It didn't scare her so she'd actually carry it. That's half the battle right there.

As for the OP, his gun, his choice. Its a free country (mostly).

True, if this was the only thread he started about it and hasn't shown himself to be a gun grabber in many other posts. He tries sly tactics such as using the word "need" when describing what guns OTHER people should have. He has openly stated that any AR style should not be legal to own and continually goes on and on about his Bersa .32.

Cluznar has shown his true colors in these forums and we are quite frankly sick of it.

I'm glad your stepmother carried and was a good example for you in that respect.

Welcome to the forums uncle fester.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back