What Do You Look For In A Gun?

Rht4162

wait, did i say that right? what do you look for in a girl... gun, yea i mean gun. looks or personality. and by personality i mean the functionality

wait, did i say that right? what do you look for in a girl... gun, yea i mean gun. looks or personality. and by personality i mean the functionality

My primary concern would be functionality. However, looks are important to me also. I just have a hard time warming up to a firearm that is totally ugly. I wouldn't pick the prettiest firearm in the world either if it wouldn't fire when I needed it to.

It depends on what my current desire is.

A 'gun' I can depend on to do what is needed.

OR

A good time.

My primary concern is the feel and fit in my hand then caliber. Any function problems after the fact can be fixed.

Y'know fellas, looks and feel aren't everything. Ya gotta know if she/he/it can function well and get the job done correctly.:yes4::lol:

3 things

1- Reliability
2- Reliability
3- Double Action

If it can't be proven reliable I won't have it. I will take something and tweak it if it has problems, but it must prove itself (100rds no cleaning). I like ugly rugers because my P95 has never failed with any ammo I throw down its throat. My Taurus PT145 will eat cheap Blaser and WWB. Both are ugly stepsisters. I am going to even try to feed them some Wolf and see what happens.:yes4:

Y'know fellas, looks and feel aren't everything. Ya gotta know if she/he/it can function well and get the job done correctly.:yes4::lol:

My feelings exactly! Misfires/Accidental Discharges are no good. Goes for the gun also--I go for what fits and performs well over looks. :biggrin:

Seriously, I'd shoot about anything once and most you'd have to pull me away from, but probably wouldn't actually own an ugly gun even if it shot well--with all the guns out there, there's got to be one that's better looking that performs just as well . . .

I am married so not looking for a girl however if I were it would be the same as with a gun. First and foremost dependability. I would want to be able to trust her and the gun I am trusting with my life.

Reliability, functionality, comfort and concealability (if used for that). Looks aren't all that important to me.

Reliability, accuracy, aesthetics, in that order. Although Reliability/accuracy are nearly equally important.

That being said, very few guns are actually ugly to me :)
Although there is something about a 1911 that's just classy (No, I don't have one...yet).

Berreta 92/M9/Taurus 92 are nice looking as well. At least IMO, good thing too since that's what I've got currently.

What do you look for?

Squisher, after I left the department I worked for in Arizona, the issued Beretta 92's to everyone. Big heavy gun, little tiny bullet. When we were allowed to carry what we wished, after having it checked by the department armorer, I carried the S&W 4506. For off duty I carried a strange little pistol called a COP. It was a four-shot .357 magnum that had four barrels that all fired to the same point of aim at about 30 feet. It had no external safeties or anything else to ruin the lines of this little stainless pistol that at first glance looked like an auto. It had an internal striker that rotated 90 degrees for the next shot.. I look for reliability first. If it doesn't go bang every time I pull the trigger, it is of no use to me. I know that just about any quality firearm can shoot better than the person holding it, out of the box, so accuracy is not a big point. I do demand a major caliber. I carry a .45ACP now, with a 180 grain hollow point. I don't care if it looks as ugly as home made soap, if it works every time and has a heavy enough round to stop any possible bad guy, I am happy as a clam at high tide.

100% reliability

100% reliability
100% reliability
100% reliability
and finally
100% reliability

HK in a world of compromise...some don't

it has to be reliable.. don't want to hear "click" when you want to hear "boom". comfort is up there too. has to feel like it fits, like it belongs there. and can't say no to a pretty gun... girl?? gun??.. yeah gun.. or girl... wait... hmmm... oh well..

1. Reliability - needs to deliver without failure.
2. Durability - must last for the long haul.
3. Feels good; not cumbersome or awkward.
4. I prefer at least the color of a normal slice of toast or darker; just an aesthetic choice. For guns, it's important IMO to avoid glare in a tactical situation.

It has to fit, if it is dependable and I can't hold it or lift it, it isn't good for me. I am no wall flower but I need my tools to perform for me, not some 6 ft dude that doesn't have the same issues I have. Men aren't usually toting around kids with a purse and carrying the drinks or jackets.

Just carrying a gun is never just carrying. If I have to pull it out I have to have something workable in all my situations.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back