What do you guys make of this video?

JoeWickman

Hey All,

Wondered what you make of this video.

I was pretty surprised the cop let him go without even getting his full name. Did anyone get what state this was in? The cop said he was from Oceanside and had a New England accent.

One good cop. [VIDEO]

Don't know why he was stopped but it looks like he was just walking. I think the cop was very polite and didn't seem to mind he was being video taped. I think Jerry needs to avoid the state of Ohio. It would have played out very differently.

I was pretty surprised the cop let him go without even getting his full name. Did anyone get what state this was in?

It's from California. Why are you surprised the cop "let him go" without getting his full name? The guy was not doing anything suspicious of criminal behavior. Cops have no authority to demand identification unless there is reasonable and articulable suspicion of a crime being committed. In California, however, according to CA law they do have the authority to stop perople and check that their openly carried firearms are unloaded.

BigSlick said:
I think Jerry needs to avoid the state of Ohio. It would have played out very differently.

So, Ohio is worse than California, eh? Who would have thunk it.

BTW, why is this posted under concealed carry? Jerry was onpenly carrying.

I've seen this Video before.The Officer, Handled himself, and the Situation very Professionally. All LEO's should be more like this Officer.

All it takes, is one good officer, and all should follow suit.Lead by Example.Kudo's to this LEO

Would not have had a good outcome in Tulsa,Oklahoma. Trust me it would have been a trip to jail.

Of course it would. Because Oklahoma is 1 of only 9 states that open carry is illegal in. Why are y'all so afraid of the sight of a gun there?

It is a very sad commentary that the subject in the video was not breaking any laws in California by openly carrying a gun, but would be in Oklahoma. Yet everyone says, OMG, California has bad gun laws!

Of course it would. Because Oklahoma is 1 of only 9 states that open carry is illegal in. Why are y'all so afraid of the sight of a gun there?

For some real stupid idea that open carry would cause FEAR in many stupid sheappeople, and just maybe someone would draw on another like in a old western movie. There is a lot of God fearing people in Oklahoma, if they had their way there would be no firearms carried except by the cops.
Hell in Tulsa the cops are the ones you had better fear.

I think the cop knew exactly what was up and that this guy was no threat. Just making a point. 2 thumbs up for the LEO for being cool about it.

Great cop, one of the many that never make the news. Only the bad cops make the news.
Im sure cops handle these situations like this everyday across the country, but when one cop handles it bad, everybody finds out about it and people complain about them on forums like this.

For some real stupid idea that open carry would cause FEAR in many stupid sheappeople, and just maybe someone would draw on another like in a old western movie. There is a lot of God fearing people in Oklahoma, if they had their way there would be no firearms carried except by the cops.
Hell in Tulsa the cops are the ones you had better fear.
Rifleshooter, I have been stopped by the Tulsa PD. Handed him my D.L. and my CCW permit, told him the gun was beside me. He said, Ok, walked back to his car, checked me out, came back handed my my stuff and said have a great day. No ticket nor attitude. I think you have dealt with one of the "John Wayne" syndrome cops of Tulsa. There are enough of those everywhere.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back