What do you fear most?

HK4U

I was in a class for CHL instructors a couple of months back. During the class the trooper from the Department of Public Safet that was teaching the class asked a question. He wanted to know what we feared the most. He said that his biggest fear was the active shooter. The kind of person that walks into a mall, church, school etc. armed to the teeth not carring if he is killed or not with the intent to kill as many people as he could. The trooper said that we should consider ahead of time what and how we would react to that situation. Thinking about this I wonder what each of us on this site worry about encountering and how do you prepare for it.

At one time my church had security team that trained for this happening. All team men . would place themselfs at all doors with radio comm.for each member. We played out different seneros and patroled the parking lot for anything. New pastor didn't care about this group and did away with it. He will let the 1or 2 cops in the service take care of it. Funny thing was the cops were on the team with us. Church did not want ccw people protecting them. I will protect my family .

I fear that my family will physically be put in harm's way and I will be unable to deal with it.
We deal with it with my ccw and prayer, ensuring that my wife can handle and our son learns to respect the firearms that we own.

Agree with a lot already posted.

1 - Anti 2a in powerful places

2 - Letting my guard down to get taken by surprise. (Awareness is something I REALLY need to practice)

My BIGGEST fear/concern is driving down a country road and comming up on a BIG Black Angus bull in the middle of the road! As for an armed conflict, a shooter in a resturant, like the Lubbys shoot out in TX or a mall food court

Getting between my mother in law and an all you can eat buffet when she`s hungry?:D.Actually the thought of someone going on a rampage at any school my children attend.

Mine is the restaurant scenario also. I try to stay away from restaurants that serve alcohol, however sometimes I have to go to one. My fear is that something goes down and my weapon is safely locked up in my vehicle. It's a law that makes no sense and should be stricken nationwide!

Last edited:
I guess my biggest fear would be something going down in the school where my wife is teaching. She of course would have no way to protect herself. I think it is very unlikely where I live, but you never know.

I'm with the "Politics" crowd... I fear a turn politically that would take away all our 2A Rights and automatically make every one of us spontaneous criminals, and there wouldn't be a damned thing we could do about it. In such a scenario I would have to consider taking my newfound 'criminality' to an extreme, I think.

Greatest Fear

My greatest fear is that an active shooter, would burst onto the scene at one of my son's academic programs,at school, and by virtue of me not being lawfully allowed to carry cocealed on school property. I would not be able to protect my child and family.

I fear something happening to my family when I'm not around them. I own the only firearm in the house, and it goes with me when I leave the house. Therefore, when I'm not there, they are vulnerable. I would leave a gun there for them to protect themselves when I'm not there, but my fiance is a felon and I don't want to run afoul of the law prohibiting firearm possession by felons.

Greatest Fear? I like the response a Marine gave to Chelsea Clinton.

Chelsea: What are your greatest fears?

Marine: Osama, Obama and yo momma!

:D:D:D

My greatest fear is the government turning Fascist. Detention without trial, restriction of speech, persecution of dissidents, jackboots in the night.

Burglers and carjackers you can protect yourself from. But as the song goes, "Bad boys, bad boys - What you gonna do when they come for you?"

My greatest fear is...

someone getting the drop on me so I could not protect myself and the people around me. I think it would be scary but CCW is perfect for an active shooter situation because the gunman does not know who is armed and the CCW holder would be able to react accordingly before a high body count happened. Police would have to respond, wait at the building entrance for backup, and enter not knowing what they were going to deal with or where the shooter was. Just look at the difference between the Fairfax County Police Department shooting where a man with an AK and 5 handguns killed 2 people with armed police officers around and Virginia Tech where a man armed with a 9mm and a .22 killed 32 and himself before the police arrived. I think an active shooter would be scary as hell but at least you can train for the situation. You can't train for someone sneaking up behind you and putting a bullet behind your ear.

You can also see a fascist government coming and take preventative measures to avoid it. Vote for who you believe is a good candidate. Ron Paul is the best but there are a lot of candidates that can actually win that are good candidates like Huckabee and Thompson. I under no circumstances will vote for Rudy Giuliani for this reason.

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back