What do you do?

OP you left out a bunch of the story you told in the Texas State thread.

If you let your guard down (by allowing someone to jump in your truck) then your first response should be to escape if possible.

If escape is not possible, yell at the top of your lungs for the person to get out (giving a warning).

If they present a deadly threat, fight, fight, fight until you can escape.

You're leaving the range as it's closing. After getting into your vehicle, you pull out your phone to look up a nearby restaurant. Suddenly the back door opens and someone jumps in. What do you do next?

Hit the 5 second self-destruct button and run like hell. Hey, I locked that door. Am I being paranoid? Overreacting? My back doors don't even have keyholes. You can't unlock them from the back. I'll reassess the situation from the safety of secure cover.

A lot of good comments, guys. I know I screwed up situational awareness, but here's the thing. Generally, I'm really good at it. I'm careful that how I walk around corners. I'm always looking over my shoulder. This was one of the few times I slipped up and of course Murphy showed up.

So yeah, that was my first mistake.

You're a wise man to realize it.

My second mistake was staying in the vehicle as long as I did. I should have jumped out of the vehicle once it was compromised. I've only been carrying for less than a a year and I still have a lot to learn, but I'm always watching videos and reading to try and understand situations better before they happen. Honestly, I just never imagined someone getting in my vehicle since my doors are normally locked. Next time, I will exit the vehicle immediately.

Wise again!

[qutoe]I appreciate all of your comments. The most important thing is I didn't shoot anyone. LOL[/quote]

That is good! Under the circumstances, very ill-advised. Even so, if that time ever comes, you may have half a second or less to respond. Be ready, just as you were properly ready to withhold firing as you assessed the threat.[/quote]

I make it a habit to immediately lock my doors. The locked doors give you time. Time gives you options.

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

This sounds unlikely because I have a habit of locking my doors almost IMMEDIATELY. However, if they were quicker than that, I would make use of my gun and give them a little show of it just to make sure they know that they messed with the wrong guy lol.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back