What do you do when you are required to enter an anti-gun area?

hwhite1725

This question is for those of you unfortunate enough to require travelling into an area that is anti-gun. Unfortunately, due to my proximity to our nations capital, I have found myself, on occasion, venturing into D.C.. When doing this, I am required to leave my carry weapon at home due to D.C. not allowing guns of any kind. Now my question is: What do you guys do when you are required to enter an anti-gun area unarmed? D.C. isn't exactly known for its' safety and I normal augment my mid-range knowledge of hand-to-hand tactics with a couple of well concealed folding knives (don't know if these are any more legal, but pretty sure they are not prosecuted as harshly).

In these situations I usually leave my gun in the vehicle. I try to avoid areas where I can't carry, but I can't 100% of the time. D.C. sucks because you can't even have one in your car. When I have to travel into California, I stop at the state line and lock my gun in the trunk and keep the ammo up front. I raise my alert level to condition orange and pray for the best. I also carry a folding knife.

In Ohio I'm able to go about my daily working and living without disarming myself about 99.5% of the time. I stay away from the one mall about 15 miles away and the one shopping center that's property is owned by an anti-ccw (I did disarm to drop "no ccw no business cards") When I applied for my drivers license renewal and my new ccw license are the last 2 times i've been disarmed. Next time will be when I pick up my renewed CCW license on Saturday. Geauga County had it done in DAYS!

You may want to consider exactly what questions you pose and what answers you give. Any of this is of public record, and a person would be remiss to answer something like this with, "I just conceal real well", or "I ingore the law and take my chances". (Substitute your answer of choice)

This could not only raise the flag from a legal standpoint, but could also provide fuel to the anti's.

Just something to think about.

skipjack 1st has a good point. I do not take it or have it with me when I know I will be in a restricted area.

DJ58

You may want to consider exactly what questions you pose and what answers you give. Any of this is of public record, and a person would be remiss to answer something like this with, "I just conceal real well", or "I ingore the law and take my chances". (Substitute your answer of choice)

This could not only raise the flag from a legal standpoint, but could also provide fuel to the anti's.

Just something to think about.

Ok, just to be clear, I do not condone the carrying in banned areas, I only meant to ask what alternatives to carrying other people are using.

Not really an issue for me, since I live in New Jersey (where I can't carry, period). The whole state is a no carry zone.

A firearm isn't the only means of self defense. I think that situational awareness is very important. Weaponless defense training is also high on my preparedness list. I am also trained with the use of a knife, but my best weapon of all is my determination to survive at all cost! :D

Not really an issue for me, since I live in New Jersey (where I can't carry, period). The whole state is a no carry zone.

The criminals there carry,I know this for a fact!!! LMAO

I know some legit people up north that carry for self-defense too,but in the eyes of the law their criminals. Its not fair the government wont let good people protect themselves from crooks.

Last edited:
skipjack 1st has a good point. I do not take it or have it with me when I know I will be in a restricted area. DJ58

I too do not carry if I know I'm going into a GFZ, BUT... I have done so when I didn't know the area was restricted. In esseence, I like SgtSig's sign-off of 'ALWAYS carry! ~ NEVER tell!'

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back