what do you carry beside your gun, ccw permitt , dl and ammo.-flashlight???

I shouldn't be so cynical, but some posts sound like they're gearing up for DEF-CON 4 just to go to the local store. BUT with that said, IF some people feel the need then so be it. IT IS your right!

On me: Pistol, maybe an extra mag, paperwork.

Trunk/tool box: shovel, duct tape, rope, trash bags, bleach, and a sh!t load of lye.

Lol, not really... I've got water, extra engine oil, coolant, jumper cables, wool blanket, cargo straps, first-aid kit, bungie cords, and there may be some ammo in there somewhere.

On my person... wallet, permit, San Mai boot knife, and cell phone
Vehicle... a first responder bag, 3 day bugout bag for two people, Saiga 12 gauge w/three full magazines, various assorted survival tools, one month freeze dried food for two.

(yes, I'm a 'prepper')

It ain't nearly as much overkill as you make it out to be.

I'm left handed, so I can't get to my carry gun in the truck because of the door and contour of the seat, so I keep one in the console (hence the extra pistol). I keep a box or 2 of ammunition locked up in the toolbox in case I get to drop by the range because some client cancels and I suddenly have a free afternoon. One little knife in the front pocket and one bigger one in the back is just me keeping in touch with my trailer park heritage. Back then, it was a little one for working with and a big one for fighting with. I just move it to the off side instead of the back pocket. The rest of the truck gear is proof of lessons learned from being stuck in the woods or on the side of the road due to a breakdown. You just don't realize what you really need until you end up in the situation.

2 pistols, 2 knives, truck keys, house keys, pack of lifesavers, 5 condoms, and $1000 in fives. I don't move real fast, but when I get goin' I'm hard to stop!:biggrin:

If you carry a gun you need to also carry a cell phone. Those two go together, no exceptions. If you ever pull your gun you immediately call 911 and give your side of the story first. The rest is optional.

Quoted for Truth. I hadn't thought about this until I took my CHL class. It's such a "well, DUH!" thing it's amazing I hadn't thought of it before. If you ever even PULL your gun anywhere unexpected (aka: not at a range,) make sure YOU call 911 to explain what is going on. Always refer to yourself as the "victim" (or "bystander", as the case may be,) and the person you pulled against as the "suspect". Don't allow the police officer to brand you the suspect because you had the weapon.

I shouldn't be so cynical, but some posts sound like they're gearing up for DEF-CON 4 just to go to the local store. BUT with that said, IF some people feel the need then so be it. IT IS your right!

Defcon goes from 5 down. 4 would be a slightly heightened state of alert.

My Glock, a spare mag, wallet(carry permit and everything else inside),SOG knife, LED Mini-Maglite, keys, cell phone.

Besides the firearm, the cellphone is indispensable. How else will I summon law enforcement while the bad guy(s) lay face down?

Besides the firearm, the cellphone is indispensable. How else will I summon law enforcement while the bad guy(s) lay face down?

Surprising how many in this thread have talked about all the other accessories to go with a gun but fail to mention the cellphone. An experience I once heard demonstrated this. A fellow was leaving a late movie when he was approached in the parking lot by a man claiming he had a gun in his coat pocket trying to rob him. The GG pulled back his coat to display his gun and the BG took off running. Before he could get to his car and leave the parking lot the cops showed up. It seems that the BG had called the police and reported that he had been robbed by a man with a gun fitting the description of the GG. Now if that happened to you how would you convince the police that you were the GG. This actually happened to a fellow around the Atlanta area.

What do you carry besides your gun.
I use to just carry the 45 and mags and paperwork.
now i have a flashlight and first aid kit and blanket, flares and a lot of stuff in my car. It just kept getting more and more stuff in there in this cardboard box. My Girl said if you have a big box it will get full cause you will add things, if its small not so much ends up in there. LOL I am thinking she is right but want to see if it is me or as you carry longer it just happens.

OH!!! and duck tape!!!

First and above all else is common sense, whichever firearm I decide to carry I will pack two extra mags and or speedloaders, cell phone that is fully charged. I also take a BUG either a Walther PPS 9, or PPK 32 auto both with one extra mag, water.

If out hunting .308 Encore, .44 mag, .357 mag, my trusted old US Army K-Bar 7.5" fixed blade knife, ear and eye protetion, matches, canned food, cases of water, weather station radio or scanner, batteries, hand held GPS and compass, maps, air horn, shelter, fishing pole, first aid kit, snake bite kit, insect repellant and friend(s), rope, 100 mile an hour helecopter tape (Duck Tape) and a couple of boxes of ammunition for each my firearms. Of course if like me all my meds

Did I mention common sense. I also let my wife know where I will be (county, Indian Reservation, etc., and how long I expect to be gone.

How are you supposed to carry some common sense with you when you don't have any? :biggrin: That seems to be almost as rare as $2/gallon gas any more and there are a lot of gun owners running around without one bit of it. :angry:

Besides my Kel-tec PF-9, my permit, my I.D., extra mags, & a small tactical flashlight?

A mobile phone (a must!), Sabre Red pepper spray, a small SOG Flash I, & my wits!

ria 1911a1 tactical in a left handed fobus paddle holster, 2 spare kimber made mags, a ka-bar warthog folder, a neko mini flashlight, a sog multitool (if i'm riding my bike), my wallet with my dl and at least a $20, a pen, and my cell phone.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back