What CCW should i buy?

I have just turned 21. I regestered for my CWP the day i was elligable. I have yet to purchase a CCW. I started thinking of getting a taurus slim in .40cal. but the more people i talked to about it told me the taurus they had was unreliable and they were about to get another weapon they trusted. So i decided to not purchase it. I have been thinking more about buying a Sig 250 nitron sub-compact in .40. i like the feel in my hand but havent been able to shoot one. even tho im a new member i have been visiting a reading this forum for about 6 months so i trust that i can get good advice here. so what do ya'll think? what should i get?

I shot the Sig 250 a bunch when I was looking for my first handgun. I just didnt like the DA only feature, and then I found out it wasn't MA compliant so it didnt matter anyways. I settled on the p229 in 9mm. When I picked it up at the dealer he mentioned that people complain about the price of Sigs, but when it came down to it, it is one of the best guns on the market. Made me feel like I made the right decision.

I shot the Sig 250 a bunch when I was looking for my first handgun. I just didnt like the DA only feature, and then I found out it wasn't MA compliant so it didnt matter anyways. I settled on the p229 in 9mm. When I picked it up at the dealer he mentioned that people complain about the price of Sigs, but when it came down to it, it is one of the best guns on the market. Made me feel like I made the right decision.
I'm gonna sound really ignorant but I'm kinda new to hand guns and to forum talk. DA only?

Go to your local range and rent a couple of different makes. I have both a Glock and a Springfield Armory XD - Glock is a 9mm, XD in .45. MUCH prefer the XD as it is just a better "fit" for me.

Go with what feels best in your hand. If you like the fit and feel, you will more than likely like shooting it.

My preference is the .40 cal Glock 27.

Go with the largest caliber you can shoot well and is comfortable in your hand. My opinion, 9mm minimum.

Single stack magazine models are flatter, easier to conceal, but you trade off number of rounds.

The smaller the barrel length, the more you will have to practice to get good with it at distance. Of course, the longer the barrel, the harder it is to conceal.

I like having my pinky finger on something when I grip...so, I put Pearce magazine extenders on my Glock 27.

Try to test shoot as many different makes, models, calibers as you can before making your final purchase.

My preference is the .40 cal Glock 27.

Go with the largest caliber you can shoot well and is comfortable in your hand. My opinion, 9mm minimum.

Single stack magazine models are flatter, easier to conceal, but you trade off number of rounds.

The smaller the barrel length, the more you will have to practice to get good with it at distance. Of course, the longer the barrel, the harder it is to conceal.

I like having my pinky finger on something when I grip...so, I put Pearce magazine extenders on my Glock 27.

Try to test shoot as many different makes, models, calibers as you can before making your final purchase.

Smith And Wesson M&P 9mm Compact, they have it in .40 cal as well. I'm just a 9mm fan, but the gun is great and reliable.

Go to a range where you can rent different types of handguns and shoot them all to see which one you like. Everyone has a different feel so one might be good for one person and not another. Buy something you'll feel comfortable carrying so you'll actually carry it instead of leaving it at home or in the vehicle.

shooting range.

There isnt a place around here that will rent you one to shoot. Most ranges are private anyway. The place that is thinking about opening one and renting them won't have their range up for nearly 2 years.(finances I guess)

Also, you are going to realize here that everyone thinks their handgun is the best. Just get use to it. Your best bet is to go to a range that has many options and test them out. The closest one may be a little bit of a drive, but in the long run it will get you the gun that is perfect for you.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back