What are you Carrying?

I'm away on vacation. And carry in purse. And the flavor of the week is my beretta m9.

Suck? That may be a bit strong, however there is something about putting kydex on steel, to make the gun seem even harder against skin and bones. Now you wrap a gun in some quality gun leather and you have something more comfortable. That is how it is on me. It is 4am, I am still carrying two rather large guns from the day before, and I cannot tell I am wearing anything.

Join The NRA To Support The 2nd Amendment & Shooting Clubs To Develop Skills

S&W Bodyguard in a Remora at 4:00 or in a pocket holster depending on how I'm dressed. More likely a CZ PCR in a remora at 4:00. I have a PPKS in a sneaky pete holster that I am not very fond of, the sneaky pete not the PPKS.

My daily carry is a Glock 43 in FDE with a N82Tactical IWB "Professional" holster. The holster is a leather piece with molded plastic that holds the gun to it. The leather covers the entirety of the gun so it makes it the most comfortable IWB carry I've ever tried. I've found myself home, lounging on the couch and then realizing I'm still carrying because I forgot it was there. I also have a Glock 19 with a CrossBreed holster but it is much larger and not nearly as comfortable.

In the past I've carried a Glock 42 (but got tired of the FTF's and general pickiness of ammo). Once I realized how little size difference there was, I bumped to the Glock 43 and 9mm caliber.

My daily carry is a Glock 43 in FDE with a N82Tactical IWB "Professional" holster. The holster is a leather piece with molded plastic that holds the gun to it. The leather covers the entirety of the gun so it makes it the most comfortable IWB carry I've ever tried. I've found myself home, lounging on the couch and then realizing I'm still carrying because I forgot it was there. I also have a Glock 19 with a CrossBreed holster but it is much larger and not nearly as comfortable.

In the past I've carried a Glock 42 (but got tired of the FTF's and general pickiness of ammo). Once I realized how little size difference there was, I bumped to the Glock 43 and 9mm caliber.

Try a different holster for your Glock 19, and possibly for your Glock 43. Through personal experience, I realized that hybrid IWB holsters tend to add unnecessary bulk. I am not looking for a second skin in a holster, which is what those hybrid IWB holsters provide. I am exclusively using the Link Removed. NSR has cheaper options and quick-ship options that do not have the leather lining. There are also other holster makers out there that do similar holsters, such as Blade-Tech.

How is the G43 working out for you in terms of reliability?

My G43 holster is absolutely perfect in my opinion. When I first put it on I realize it's there, but within 10 minutes I can't even feel it. Super comfortable. Plus I like the retention in the Professional that requires a slight twist to remove. Makes me feel better about carrying a Glock with one in the chamber.

The Glock 19 I'd be open to suggestions. I have a Vortex red dot sight with suppressor height iron sights and a SureFire XC1 weapon light. It's my nightstand gun. I'd carry it more often if I found a more comfortable IWB holster that accommodated my setup with all those extras. CrossBreed is one of the few companies that makes them in so many configurations. Although I recently asked about an OWB for open carry that would accommodate the XC1 and they didn't have anything. I'm actually still shopping for an OWB that would let me keep the weapon light and suppressor sights on it. Most holsters are great for stock weapons, but once you start adding accessories it's like, good luck finding a holster that will still fit!

Another thing about IWB holsters is that I am from Florida and even up here I find myself wearing a t-shirt while out and about. Most holsters like the NSR Custom you linked leave the grip exposed and it just digs into my back. The N82 holster covers the entire pistol so the only thing touching my skin is soft leather.

The G43 is amazing. Hundreds of rounds put through it at the range and not a single FTF or problem. I had all kinds of problems with a first gen G42. That little 380 just hated anything but FMJ target ammo. Even sent it back to Smyrna, GA to have some parts replaced that Glock started using on later production G42's but the problems never went away. I ended up selling it and getting the 43 as soon as I realized the negligible increase in size from the 42.

Edit: I just found this holster at NSR that may allow for my SureFire XC1 on my Glock 19 OWB. May be just what I'm looking for.

Last edited:
Currently I carry my Shield 9mm in a IWB holster.

Hopefully by the end of the week I will be carrying a Kimber Master Carry Ultra in an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Link Removed

Currently I carry my Shield 9mm in a IWB holster.

Hopefully by the end of the week I will be carrying a Kimber Master Carry Ultra in an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0.

Just make sure that your Kimber Master Carry Ultra runs. If you are interested to learn why you may have bought the wrong gun, read this post and my follow-up posts in the same thread: 45 ACP Barrel length | Post # 5. The S&W Shield 9mm is a firearm with very well known reliability.

I realize all firearms fail at some point. I also realize that there are always a few lemons that come from the factory. That's why I run every firearm I carry through a training class. A previously cleaned firearm should not start having failure to feed, failure to eject or double feed issues on day 1 of a training class with a few hundred rounds.

Oh I plan to give it a thorough testing before my 30 day "no regrets" return policy expires.

It runs.

I put 100 rounds through it this weekend with no issues.

I recommend shooting it more, but so far so good. One reason why handguns fail in training classes is because they get dirty throughout the day and gum up. 100 rounds is about a quarter of a single day training class.

I will definitely shoot it more. As far as carrying goes though, I'm not worried about it failing.

I'm anal about keeping my firearms clean, so it definitely won't gum up from 15 rounds when I need it.

I will definitely shoot it more. As far as carrying goes though, I'm not worried about it failing.

I'm anal about keeping my firearms clean, so it definitely won't gum up from 15 rounds when I need it.

Ever heard of lint, dust, sand, grass, rain water and mud? While your gun may be clean when you leave your home, it may not stay that way during a fight where you have to use it to defend your life. If the tiniest amount of dust or debris can jam up your gun, it may not be the best tool for the job.

During a fight, you may get pushed to the ground, fall or drop the gun. It won't be squeaky clean anymore.

Oh my god! What are these things you speak of? Lint? Dust? Sand? Grass? Rain water? Mud? They sound horrible!

Anyway. Thanks for your opinion. Like I said, I'm satisified with my test and confident that it will work when it needs to.

Oh my god! What are these things you speak of? Lint? Dust? Sand? Grass? Rain water? Mud? They sound horrible!

Anyway. Thanks for your opinion. Like I said, I'm satisified with my test and confident that it will work when it needs to.

Well, good luck.

I carry an S&W® Bodyguard 38 Special as my primary ECG and a Taurus® Mdl 85SS2UL Ultra-Lite 38 Special as my BUG.

I have a number to choose from in my "hoard", but I usually carry my Glock G-36 as my EDC. In the winter I often carry my Sig 320C .45 or Kimber Classic Custom when it is easier to conceal under heavier clothing. If I need to pocket carry, it is usually my Kel Tec P11.

Sig P938 mostly, occasionally a G19. I'm really thinking more and more about getting a G26. The 19 is okay for carry, but I think a 26 would be adequate most of the time and easier / more comfortable to carry. The 938 is so easy to conceal and very comfortable, sometimes you feel like you want a little more capacity though.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back