What are the best sources of ammunition?

leopax

Glock 19
I hope a discussion of this topic will benefit each of us.

Like many of you, I own a variety of handguns in various calibers. I try to keep a good ammo inventory but the supply is beginning to run low and I need to replenish. With the various ammo shortages and sky-high prices, I have held out too long while waiting for circumstances to improve. I’m just glad I was not holding my breath!!!

I would appreciate an education regarding some of your current best sources of ammunition. Although I purchase some quantities of “practice ammo,” I generally purchase the “good stuff.” I live in the Spartanburg area if you have local options. However, all potential sources and suggestions (stores, gun shows, on-line, etc.) will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help. Perhaps many of you will benefit from this discussion, too.

I have a large supply of ammo that I keep on hand. For my practice and plinking ammo I reload and cast bullets. Reloading has become economical again and I enjoy doing it. I still pick up a few rounds when I find a good deal. Walmart still has good prices on their ammo when they have it.

I have ordered large quanties of ammo from Cabela's online. When no one else has 5.56 they have them. Have had them on back order with several other places and have ordered 3000 from cabelas. Here in about 2 days. Not the cheapest but avalaible.

Also like these guys. /www.palmettostatearmory.com/

Save up and get to a Gun show early and hit the Georgia Arms Booth.... 500 or better bulk ammo boxes are the best way to go even though anything over 4 gets to be a challenge to get way out to where ever you parked. They also usually sell in 50 round sealed bags.

I went into my local outdoors store (not the Cabelas in the same town though) and found all the shelves fully stocked with ammo today. About two weeks ago it was pretty skimpy.

They had both Blazer FMJ and Remington JHP in .380 available. As most know .380 has been almost impossible to find, but it seems to be available now. Hopefully things will get better in your area shortly.

AMMO 15% Off

I was in Greenville yesterday and stopped by Allens Arms they had all ammo 15% off even their range stuff. I picked up some Corbon and Gold Dots for handguns. They had a lot on the shelf in both self defense and new mfg practice rounds.

i buy most of my ammo on gunbroker, good prices and good variety. i always have at least 1000 rounds for every caliber i have. just bought some 357 magnum on gunbroker. its getting hard to find in large lots, and more expensive.

Thanks for the great information folks. It look as if things are improving. Keep the good news and great buys coming!

Save up and get to a Gun show early and hit the Georgia Arms Booth.... 500 or better bulk ammo boxes are the best way to go even though anything over 4 gets to be a challenge to get way out to where ever you parked. They also usually sell in 50 round sealed bags.

I was at the Florence Gun Show recently and they were imposing a 500 round limit per person. Prices weren't that great either, $125 for 500 rounds 9mm 115 GR FMJ reloads. Better than ordering online and waiting 6-8 weeks. The 44 mags were priced ok but they would only sell in 50 round packs.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back