What all do you carry on a daily basis?

no s--t batman

Besides, obviously, a pistol, there is a ton of stuff that CC folks can choose to carry every day. There are different laws in different states, and that, of course, dictates some of the things we can and can't carry. The rest is pretty much determined by the balance what you feel you ought to have handy, and how much you're willing to lug around all day.

My list is at least one spare mag, a Benchmade folder, a cellphone, a 'keychain size' Fox pepper spray, and, maybe once a week, a Benchmade fixed-blade hangs around my neck on a break-away lanyard under my shirt, too. I want to add a small single-cell flashlight - thinking about a Fenix LT1 V2.0 - where the heck am I going to put it? :D

Anyway, I was just wondering what all of you consider to be your EDC gear?

My morning routine.....no, we'll call it a mantra, is: keys, phones (work phone and personal phone), wallet, and smokes. Every morning, like clockwork, I run through that little mantra, patting the usual location. It must be the Catholic in me (specticles, te$ticles, watch, wallet).

"What about your carry piece?" you ask....well, I keep my belt on the nightstand outboard of my weapon. Can't clip the cell phones to nothing, so the first thing I put on is my belt, followed by my 9000s, finishing off with the extra mag. Head to the kitchen, where the mantra begins.

I think one think folks are overlooking here are the legal defenses available to you in the event of a use of force encounter. Each state has criteria you must meet to be able to use the claim of self defense. In MN you MUST meet 4 criteria:

1. You were a reluctant participant. meaning you didn't have a choice in participating in the situation.
2. Reasonably in immediate fear of "death or great bodily harm". we all know what this means
3. No lesser force will do. i.e. your firearm was your only option
4. Retreat is not practical. pretty obvious as well.

Pay attention to #3. In MN you must meet all 4 of these or you can't even use self defense as a legal defense in court.

My point is this: If you are carrying OC/Pepper, baton, knife, or any other weapon while involved in a use of force encounter and use your firearm you may be sealing your prison cell. If you carry these items you are often legally obligated to use them before using your firearm in order to be able to use a claim of self defense in a court of law.

All states very, check your local legislation for details. I'm guessing all states have same or similar small print.

That all being said, the amount of ammo you carry can cause concern in a court room as well. You aren't on duty, and arent' expecting to get into a sustained firefight. A prosecutor will point that out if you are carrying same or similiar amounts of ammunition to an on duty police officer. I personally only carry what the gun can hold. If I don't down someone in 10 shots I have no business carrying a firearm. Use your best judgement here as it's not a "legal" issue, but an issue of perception in the event you wind up in a court room.

So.... with all that out of the way. When I'm not on duty I carry my XD.45, 4" compact. I wear it on the belt with underarmor over it and a polo shirt. The underarmor keeps it from printing. I usually also have cuffs. If i have a knife I make sure it looks like a utility style (leatherman is a good example) as to not be confused with something I could have used as a self defense weapon.

Good luck all. Pack safe, pack smart.

D

My weapon of choice for the day
1 or 2 mags depending on my weapon of choice
Pocket BUG
Pocket knife Spyderco Ladybug, I don't take a knife to a gunfight so I carry a useful knife.
Cell Phone
Wallet
keys
Checkbook

I think one think folks are overlooking here are the legal defenses available to you in the event of a use of force encounter. Each state has criteria you must meet to be able to use the claim of self defense. In MN you MUST meet 4 criteria:

1. You were a reluctant participant. meaning you didn't have a choice in participating in the situation.
2. Reasonably in immediate fear of "death or great bodily harm". we all know what this means
3. No lesser force will do. i.e. your firearm was your only option
4. Retreat is not practical. pretty obvious as well.

Pay attention to #3. In MN you must meet all 4 of these or you can't even use self defense as a legal defense in court.

My point is this: If you are carrying OC/Pepper, baton, knife, or any other weapon while involved in a use of force encounter and use your firearm you may be sealing your prison cell. If you carry these items you are often legally obligated to use them before using your firearm in order to be able to use a claim of self defense in a court of law.

All states very, check your local legislation for details. I'm guessing all states have same or similar small print.

That all being said, the amount of ammo you carry can cause concern in a court room as well. You aren't on duty, and arent' expecting to get into a sustained firefight. A prosecutor will point that out if you are carrying same or similiar amounts of ammunition to an on duty police officer. I personally only carry what the gun can hold. If I don't down someone in 10 shots I have no business carrying a firearm. Use your best judgement here as it's not a "legal" issue, but an issue of perception in the event you wind up in a court room.

So.... with all that out of the way. When I'm not on duty I carry my XD.45, 4" compact. I wear it on the belt with underarmor over it and a polo shirt. The underarmor keeps it from printing. I usually also have cuffs. If i have a knife I make sure it looks like a utility style (leatherman is a good example) as to not be confused with something I could have used as a self defense weapon.

Good luck all. Pack safe, pack smart.

D

Great advice. I had not thought of the importance of # 3. I have not carried a "good" defense knife but have been thinking about getting one. I do carry pepper spray but had already determined I would, depending on the situation, go with the pepper spray first while drawing the gun just in case the pepper didn't work.

Post Subject

Springfield Armory 9mm/with 2 spare mags
cell phone
Benchmade AFCK folding knife
Pepper Spray
Sure Fire flashlight 6p

Last edited:
Going to work: Keys, cellphone, wallet, access card, pen, Gerber multiplier on my belt.
I also carry my backpack which contains, among other things, a Rossi .357.

Off work days: keys, cell,wallet, Rossi replaces Gerber.

9000s Beretta

I have noticed a few of you carry the 9000s. I am aware this gun is discontinued but I have always wanted one. I have read the reviews and boy are they mixed (on other site-forums) any thoughts here?

686 Plus 4''
Cell phone
SureFire Z2
2 Speedloaders For 686
1 Speedloader For 642
North American Arms Mini 22LR
Spyderco Military Model Knife
Boker Plus Knife

Gun w/ 3-4 reloads (sngl. stack mags)
Bug no reloads
cheap utilaty knife small in pocket
A medium sized sharp folder not for defence
flashlight Surefire led 120 lums
Phone
Pen and paper
c-note folded in walet

Left Front Pocket: Keys, 10% OC Spray
Right Pocket: Eye Drops, Lip Balm, Cell Phone, Compact 21" Expandable Friction Lock Baton
Right Back Pocket: Wallet/Cred Case

=================

BELT (Counter Clockwise)
-----------------------------
Sig P239 9mm in a Pancake Holster
Spare Mag
Kershaw Whirlwind Assisted Opening Knife
LED Mini Flashlight

I wear a loose fitting t-shirt untucked and since I'm a skinny guy, nobody has a clue.

Last edited:
Drivers license, carry permit, money, one Cerdit card, one bank debit card, no wallet, PX4 40 cal IWB and S&W 649 38 in a pocket hoster. Back pack with a Nikon D2h 10-20 mm, 70-200 mm, 28-70mm, 50mm 1.4 lenes and two SB 800 Flashes. I'm also a big Photo nut.

Fascinating! Carguy4471 posts some thoughtful observations relevant to all who habitually carry defensive weaponry. One person responds, then everybody goes back to inventorying their pants load of guns, reloads (3-4?), multiple knives, batons, OC spray, etc. As if CG4471 never existed!

Forums survive thru intelligent give and take.

Various 9mms or sw40s (depending on location and attire)
spare mag
3" auto knife
wallet
small LED flashlight if out at night

Glock 30; 2 spare mags; S&W 36 (BUG); 3 speedloaders for BUG; 1 ammo pouch with single rounds for BUG; SOG folding knife; Surefire L-4; cell phone.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back