Wet vs dry suppressor

KimberPB

I've had my suppressor for a little while now and I've heard the term shooting it wet. Can this be done with any suppressor? I have a Walther P22 and a tactical innovations can. Would it hurt anything to shoot it "wet". Also what do you do: just add a little water, slush it around, put it on the gun, and fire away?

Thanks guys

Yep !!! Usually with a .22Lr you won't need water to achieve the sound reduction that you desire. Their already as quite as a mouse fart.

With .45 ACP pistol suppressors it achieves a much more reduced sound signature with about 5-10cc's of water and generally wil negate a "first round pop". I usually just take canteen water and place my finger over the muzzle end of the suppressor. Pour water into the suppressor then place my other hands index finger on the mount end of the suppressor and just up end and back end the water so it get's all the baffles coated with the ablative (water) Shake remaining residual water and screw it onto the weapon.

Very, very noticable sound reduction. Most users will report some blowback of black water onto their faces. We like to call this "added camo"

HTH.

That is, of course, the real reason James Bond approaches so many events by swimming in ... his supressor is now ready with no further set-up. :wacko:

It works the same on long gun suppressors, especially the AR/M4 series. I personaly believe the best sound suppressors are the SUREFIRE and AAC. Both can be used the factory break and attaches and detaches in mere seconds from the barrel.

Both when used with a little water will provide a noticeable reduction in sound.

The SUREFIRE suppressors have been tested with as many as 30,000 round without any breakage or baffle reduction. They get red hot but some black spray paint will cure that.

First NEVER shoot a rifle caliber suppressor WET!! Bad things can happen.

Next wdfourty will not prevent crud it is for displacing WATER although it can be used for shooting wet if you desire. The best thing to use for wetting a suppressor is WIRE PULLING GEL it stays and will not drip like water does. Though Water is very easy to use. The majority of modern suppressors are DRY use as the design makes up for what the liquid did in the older less efficient designs. A little water is fine in a22 is you wan to ad it does make a bit of a difference. It makes more difference in pistol caliber rounds.

If you have questions ask the maker of your suppressor.

if you don't know to keep the water out of the "tunnel" thru which the bullet must pass, yes. My baffles are made of folded, spindled and compressed screenwire, so they "hold" the water, unlike solid metal baffles. Also, the sleeve design puts most of the gases betweeen the 2 tubes, where the water can't get into the tunnel.

if you don't know to keep the water out of the "tunnel" thru which the bullet must pass, yes. My baffles are made of folded, spindled and compressed screenwire, so they "hold" the water, unlike solid metal baffles. Also, the sleeve design puts most of the gases betweeen the 2 tubes, where the water can't get into the tunnel.

Wholy crap how old is your suppressor or is it home made? Nobody uses screen anymore. It is horribly ineffective Also due to ATF rulings all suppressor parts are NON user serviceable or replaceable they must go to 02 sot for that. The danger is not so much he water as the expanding water vapor that can and hs caused many rifle caliber suppressor to pop like a zit on the mirror. Also this is why wire pulling GEL is the best choice as it sticks and does not run or evaporate like water does and unlike the white lithium grease they used to be popular it is not nasty and sticky and dirty.

u obviously don't know squat. Screen is the very best possible material for a silencer baffle. it is perfect for instantly absorbing the heat from the powder gases, then losing it instantly, so that repeat shots are just as quiet as the first one. My 223 can is 1 3/4" in OD, only 8" long, and it keeps 223 blast down to the same level of noise as a high speed, regular old ..22lr from a rifle barrel. nobody's baffles do a better job, and I can make a can's worth of baffles for $5 and in 1 hour. You go ahead and pay $1000 to somebody who's lying to you about how "superior" a solid metal baffle is. :)

u obviously don't know squat. Screen is the very best possible material for a silencer baffle. it is perfect for instantly absorbing the heat from the powder gases, then losing it instantly, so that repeat shots are just as quiet as the first one.

I have been building and buying suppressors for 25 plus years I am also know many in the industry and have been to testing sessions where your theory has been show to be false. With one exception a screen wipe can can be AMAZINGLY quiet I agree with this 100 percent. However the fact these are good for 5 to 10 rounds tops kinds of makes them useless these days. As you may or may not know the BATF has classified screen, wipes and even Brillo as suppressor parts. Thus ONLY a manufacturer OR a 02 sot can replace suppressor parts. So if you shoot 20 rounds burn out your screen it is ILLEGAL for you to replace that screen. Suppressor parts as per BATF ARE suppressors thus illegal to posses. WITH THE EXCEPTION OF WIPES THAT ARE PURCHASED. You can not longer cut your own.

My 223 can is 1 3/4" in OD, only 8" long, and it keeps 223 blast down to the same level of noise as a high speed, regular old ..22lr from a rifle barrel.

Unless it is the type of single use can I cite above then I call fowl. I woudl have to see numbers from a standard sound test to even start to believe that. I would be willing to put MONEY on that..

nobody's baffles do a better job, and I can make a can's worth of baffles for $5 and in 1 hour. You go ahead and pay $1000 to somebody who's lying to you about how "superior" a solid metal baffle is. :)

Again this depends on your idea of "superior" as to what is best. Of course if your a assassin and only require a couple shots then a wipe can is a great choice. However if want a can that is solid and lasts there are better choices. My integral 10/22 is a monocore machined into a .920 barrel and all you can hear is the bolt. Of course the best baffle type depends on caliber and use. For example your screen suppressor for a 5.56 on my16 would likely cause the internals to turn to slag in a matter of a few mags I know this because I have done it. The primary reason you know a screen type can is not good technology anymore is that nobody makes them.

Please fell free to let me know what state you are in and I will be happy to see if I can find someone close to you who has the equipment to test your "super" can. Or feel free to show up at any of the suppressor shoots and speak to a factory person most love to help people get there cans tested as a new better design could be worth allot of money. You never know your can could set you up for life but I would be willing to bet against it.

you don't know squat. I make compressed screen wire donut baffles, like Walsh used to sell, they are approxmately 3/4" long, not single screen, they NEVER wear out, the bullets can't touch ANYTHING, if you expect rifle type accuracy, so what "wipe" are you talking out of your butt about?

nobody is making enough money in cans to be "set for life" if they can keep every dime, much less just a 5% patent royalty. Your ignorance is showing, dude.

you don't know squat. I make compressed screen wire donut baffles, like Walsh used to sell, they are approxmately 3/4" long, not single screen, they NEVER wear out, the bullets can't touch ANYTHING, if you expect rifle type accuracy, so what "wipe" are you talking out of your butt about?

Maybe you should read. I said a screen/ wipe suppressor. This is a outdated way of making a suppressor using screen to redirect gas and wipes to contain it between chambers. And NONE last. Now as for the screen It is thin and very susceptible to heat thus on a m16 ( that is a MACHINE GUN ) the internals commonly last very short time.

Everything wears out it is simply a matter of time.

As for making money Kevin Brittingham did pretty dam well he sure is not hurting. ( he was the guy in case you did not know who started AAC as a hobby )

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back