Western North Carolina OC...

murf26

I live in a little town in Western NC...Spruce Pine. Don't know if anybody's familiar with it but I've been tempted to OC here. Just didn't know if anybody out there has yet or is planning on it. I haven't talked to the Mitchell Co. sheriff yet but I already conceal-carry. Any thoughts, experiences welcome!

I live in a little town in Western NC...Spruce Pine. Don't know if anybody's familiar with it but I've been tempted to OC here. Just didn't know if anybody out there has yet or is planning on it. I haven't talked to the Mitchell Co. sheriff yet but I already conceal-carry. Any thoughts, experiences welcome!

Murf, you know NC laws as well as I do. It is legal, and as long as your not "acting a fool" :pleasantry: you can't get charged with being a threat to the public. :biggrin:

Good luck with it, and let us know how you make out.

I think I would stick with concealed carry as you have all the advantages of being armed and none of possibly negative attention from the fear the legal gun owner. So far left they can't see our rights crowd

Do what you like. OC is more physically comfortable, and if it's legal, it's legal, and those offended by the sight of a weapon can just deal.

I OC when I can (wife doesn't like it, she's shy and hates any attention aside from me) Heck, even when I "conceal" it's pretty obvious.

Honestly had more people compliment the weapon than anything else. Some stare, but I don't really care :)

Love a (relatively) free country with choices. As long as we can keep it that way (and improve!).

I think I would stick with concealed carry as you have all the advantages of being armed and none of possibly negative attention from the fear the legal gun owner. So far left they can't see our rights crowd

I agree with Retired Grunt, why advertise that you are armed and loose the element of surprise if needed.

I agree also why give up the element of surprise. If you have a concealed carry permit then my thoughts are use it. However if i'm not mistaken unrestricted open carry is legal in North Carolina unless you are going to a parade, bank, post office etc. I personally have carried both open and concealed and have never had any problems with either.:biggrin:

I live in Hendersonville NC , and I carry nothing but wheel guns, and they are loaded to the max. That one that you left out could be the one that saved your life. Loadem up boys and shootem ALL

Why give up the element of surprise?

Because the majority of felons say that it isn't worth it to attack a target that is known to be armed. It's much easier for them to wait for the armed person to leave, and attack the next guy that comes along who does not appear to be armed. Or it's much easier for them to go down the street one block and hit the gas station there that doesn't have anyone who appears to be armed in it.

I would rather a criminal see my gun and pass on me as a target rather then having to use my gun to shoot them once the attack has begun.

In addition, it is much easier and safer for a criminal to steal money from people who don't appear to be armed in order to buy a gun illegally, than it is to try to take the gun from an armed person.

I agree also why give up the element of surprise. If you have a concealed carry permit then my thoughts are use it. However if i'm not mistaken unrestricted open carry is legal in North Carolina unless you are going to a parade, bank, post office etc. I personally have carried both open and concealed and have never had any problems with either.:biggrin:

just a small correction Jeff,

in NC you can OC into any bank (as long as they dont have gun-buster signs) but you can not CC into banks in NC.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back