Went To The Gym Last Night.........

B2Tall

Stirrer of the Pot
.........and carried my pistol with me in my gym bag as I went through my workout. I would usually lock my piece in a locker because I have the annoying tendency to become a little too focused and leave my bag behind as I move to a different area of the gym. I never wanted to risk having someone steal it or go through the potential hassle of having someone turn my "lost" bag in at the front desk, have an employee open the bag in an attempt to determine its owner and see a pistol.........

Never again. Not after what happened in Aurora. I guess I'll just have to be doubly careful to keep track of my bag.

This definitely renews my vow to carry whenever it's legal. You just never know when/where something like this could happen.

Even if someone had their handgun with them in the movie theater, firing it with all the people running would be very risky and could just hit one of the people trying to flee. Same in a Gym there are just to much of a chance of hurting or killing the wrong person.

Even if someone had their handgun with them in the movie theater, firing it with all the people running would be very risky and could just hit one of the people trying to flee. Same in a Gym there are just to much of a chance of hurting or killing the wrong person.

Are you anti-gun or pro-gun? Someone trying to stop this madman is better than nobody doing nothing at all. Oh wait that's what happened and look how that turned out, this is such a tragic event that happened.

Are you anti-gun or pro-gun? Someone trying to stop this madman is better than nobody doing nothing at all. Oh wait that's what happened and look how that turned out, this is such a tragic event that happened.

Since I have many firearms and a CC permit I am pro-gun. I am just making a point that someone shooting would not have effected the out come. Other's might think it would have helped that is fine.

I would be very wary of hitting a bystander and my first option would be to remove myself to a safe(r) place. That being said, I still want to have the option should the opportunity present itself, i.e. a clear, short-range shot while the shooter is shooting in another direction, etc.

I disagree. Someone trying to stop the madman can easily contribute to the problem in this situation with smoke, chaos, darkness, and tons of people running around. If the good guy had a clear line of sight on the guy, then yes it would stop him. But if the good guy was in the back of the theater, he may just take out an innocent person. Having a gun doesnt mean its always best to use the gun.

I'm going to disagree. Someone with the right mindset and training armed with a firearm could of stopped the threat.

but we all know that that we are all more worried about what happends next rather than if you just survive.

Also, the lack of confidence of not being able to hit your target is intimidating, but if you do not have the confidance that you can hit a target in a stressful situation....bottom line is... you should not carry at all...that is part of the responsability that you needs to understand and live for the rest of your life (or at least while you decide to carry a firearm with you).

I agree that just because you have a gun it is not always the best thing to use. But if you can move to get a better angle...and take the shot..if you have the opportunity to take the shot and you feel that you can take it (your personal choice to take it or not)...or not.

to much hines sight...!
Sorry, you do not carry a tool made out of steel so you can feel safe...The training (depending on what you want to train) will determine what you will do.

You are all correct. The CHL/CCW holder has a huge responsability, but if you are in a situation like that and you have the means and opportunity to put an end to the situation and you do nothing other than be another inocent bystander...will you live your life with that on your head.

if you are ok with doing nothing because you do not think you can hit the target...then do not carry a firearm until you have enough training to be confident that you will be able to use that tool on your hip.

You think that evey police officer has the sufficient training to pull that trigger (nothing can prepare you for the real thing).

train people...train....and and pray you never need to use it. But if you need to use it...have the confidence that you can do it.

I disagree. Someone trying to stop the madman can easily contribute to the problem in this situation with smoke, chaos, darkness, and tons of people running around. If the good guy had a clear line of sight on the guy, then yes it would stop him. But if the good guy was in the back of the theater, he may just take out an innocent person. Having a gun doesnt mean its always best to use the gun.
If 5-6 people scattered thoughout the the had been armed, the chances are excellent that one or more of them would have been close to, and probably threatened by, the shooter, and would have had good opportunity to put up a good defense.

you have to remember he was wearing Kevlar vest , helmet and other parts covered , your cc gun would not go threw it plus he had a ar15 , unless you where there no of us would know what could have been done to stop him , probably just tackle him would have been the best , but again who knows it is all speculation

I think a lot about if you were that good guy and took him out. Then what? In the chaos u would be deemed the guy with a gun. Worse, what if 5 people were carrying that night? In the chaos, what if the cops or next ccw holder shot u? Don't even know what I would do. Lay down on the floor afterwards? $20 says we find out there was an off duty cop in the theater.

I believe the more gun carry the less chance of this tradegy happening. With five or so guns trained on a shooter someone is going to take him/them out. My lazer site makes me more accurate.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back