Welcom To The "Gun"shine State!

B2Tall

Stirrer of the Pot
It's nice to know that there are some political types out there who're on the ball.

On Oct. 1st, Florida statute 790.33 will go into effect making it illegal for any local government to try and supercede Florida's state firearm laws. Penalties for officials who attempt to enforce such renegade laws include fines of up to $5000, restitution for legal fees for anyone affected by such laws (i.e. arrested), and - this is my favorite - termination of employment/removal from office by the governor.

The locals can no longer exclude CCed weapons from parks, public libraries, etc., etc., so long as the bearer has a valid permit. There will be no NYC-style gun laws here in Florida. Sure, we may have to jump through an easy hoop to get a permit (something I don't mind) but it's nice to have the men & women in Tallahassee backing us up once we get one.

Hope we can get something like that here in Nevada. Most cities here follow state law but N. Las Vegas & Las Vegas still has a lot of annoying bureaucratic law breakers.

Hope we can get something like that here in Nevada. Most cities here follow state law but N. Las Vegas & Las Vegas still has a lot of annoying bureaucratic law breakers.

It's kinda funny.....down here there are city councils all over the state that're scrambling to repeal local gun restrictions so as to avoid heavy fines and the unemployment line! :biggrin:

It's like rats jumping off a sinking ship.

It's nice to know that there are some political types out there who're on the ball.

On Oct. 1st, Florida statute 790.33 will go into effect making it illegal for any local government to try and supercede Florida's state firearm laws. Penalties for officials who attempt to enforce such renegade laws include fines of up to $5000, restitution for legal fees for anyone affected by such laws (i.e. arrested), and - this is my favorite - termination of employment/removal from office by the governor.

The locals can no longer exclude CCed weapons from parks, public libraries, etc., etc., so long as the bearer has a valid permit. There will be no NYC-style gun laws here in Florida. Sure, we may have to jump through an easy hoop to get a permit (something I don't mind) but it's nice to have the men & women in Tallahassee backing us up once we get one.

Thats how it is here in Idaho, enjoy your new found freedoms.

Some people have to learn the hard way.

Link Removed

The mayor of West Palm Beach is trying to flout the new law. She's going to end up being removed if she doesn't comply.

Mayor Jeri Muoio might negotiate on some issues, but when it comes to guns in City Hall, she holds her ground: No weapons allowed.

She has even invoked a rare executive order to ban weapons in the building where the city carries out its business, citing the safety of residents.

"You absolutely cannot come into this building with a gun," Muoio said at a City Commission meeting last month. "If you're coming into city hall, leave your guns or weapons at home or in your car." As for Muoio, Hammer wants her fined when the new law takes effect. "The mayor is willfully and knowingly violating the law under the color of authority," Hammer said. Muoio insists she's just protecting residents and city employees. "Our intention," Muoio said, "is to keep the people in this building safe.

Well this law started out with Open Carry as well, but that got stripped..
The nice addition to the laws is removing the Brandishing office if a concealed weapon should accidentally get exposed (ie: due to the wind, etc)..

Some people have to learn the hard way.

Link Removed

Mayor Jeri Muoio ... invoked a rare executive order to ban weapons in the building where the city carries out its business, citing the safety of residents.

"You absolutely cannot come into this building with a gun,"

Yeah, and her executive order is going to really stop that Bad Guy from storming in with their gun.. More like it's going to leave regular citizens like you and me defenseless against the Bad Guy..
Thanx for looking out for us "Jeri"..
I hope you collect unemployment for as long as possible!

As a reluctant resident of the left coast, I can only imagine what such a freedom might feel like. I recently relocated my family, and researching the county laws beforehand to select the best place was like choosing between European countries!

This has been the law in Utah for quite some time. We also have a law that states if a state of emergency is declared the government cannot seize guns and any officer or agency that tries is not only open to criminal prosecution, but maybe sued civilly for punitive damages by the gun owner.

We allow campus carry and anyone 18 or older that can legally own a gun to carry a loaded handgun in their vehicle with or without a permit.

Glad Florida is getting in line, but I still prefer what we got in Utah.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back