Web Site On Handgun Cleaning

fdegree

I have been researching how to properly clean my gun, and this is the most complete information that I have found thus far:
Link Removed

Is there anything wrong with this information?
Is there anything more I should be doing?

I looked through the site, that's about as thorough as you really need to clean a pistol unless you're dragging it through mud bogs or in other harsh environments. Make sure its unloaded, take your time, and most of all enjoy the cleaning process its part of the experience in my opinion. ;)

Gunslinger I keep my guns clean and believe that is a very important part of gun ownership. I will have to admit though that I can not really say that I enjoy it all that much.:no:

I looked through the site, that's about as thorough as you really need to clean a pistol unless you're dragging it through mud bogs or in other harsh environments. Make sure its unloaded, take your time, and most of all enjoy the cleaning process its part of the experience in my opinion. ;)

Thanks...I appreciate you taking the time to look through that site. It's reassuring to know that I am following the proper advice. When you are new to things it is hard to know right from wrong, thorough form incomplete, etc, etc, etc.

Thanks again!!!

Gunslinger I keep my guns clean and believe that is a very important part of gun ownership. I will have to admit though that I can not really say that I enjoy it all that much.:no:

I guess my wife is right than, I'm just a whacko haha! Sometimes out of pure boredom I will take my guns out and strip them or even just a light wipe down. Smoking cigars is another one of my expensive hobbies and it takes me a good 10 minutes to get my cigar clipped and lit just right, maybe I'm O.C.D. :biggrin:

HK, You need to use a different solvent if your current selection just isn't doing it for you.

Gunslinger, That's as good a cleaning process as you need.

But ...

Nice link!

One question ... I have a similar pistol, the 24/7 Pro DS.

What is safe for the polymer parts? When I bought my gun is was covered in some black grease ....

What do I use to clean/lubricate the polymer parts?

David

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back