We Don't Need This

Harleymac1

Accidental discharge in Kentucky legislator's office? This is not the kind of publicity gun advocates need.

Link Removed

Accidental discharge in Kentucky legislator's office? This is not the kind of publicity gun advocates need.

Link Removed

I find this to be a story perfectly at home in the "General Firearm Discussion" forum, but for the life of me, I don't understand how it should make you or me or any gun advocate look bad. For one thing, the lady is a stinkin' Democrat whose contemporaries would dearly love to take hers and yours and my guns away. For another thing, she's a state legislator, so the only gun owners/advocates who could conceivably be tainted with her stank are those who live and vote in Kentucky, and even that premise is a stretch.

If this story shows anything, it's either that she's a blazing freakin' hypocrite, or a blithering idiot who can't choose the political party that best represents her self-interests. It does absolutely nothing to my image, either public or self.

Blues

I find this to be a story perfectly at home in the "General Firearm Discussion" forum, but for the life of me, I don't understand how it should make you or me or any gun advocate look bad. For one thing, the lady is a stinkin' Democrat whose contemporaries would dearly love to take hers and yours and my guns away. For another thing, she's a state legislator, so the only gun owners/advocates who could conceivably be tainted with her stank are those who live and vote in Kentucky, and even that premise is a stretch.

If this story shows anything, it's either that she's a blazing freakin' hypocrite, or a blithering idiot who can't choose the political party that best represents her self-interests. It does absolutely nothing to my image, either public or self.

Blues

so she cant have more in common w/ dems, but still like/carry/shoot weapons? didnt know you had to always be staunch party line for every single item the party decides for you. seems sheepish to me.

so she cant have more in common w/ dems, but still like/carry/shoot weapons? didnt know you had to always be staunch party line for every single item the party decides for you. seems sheepish to me.

Me a party guy? Are you kidding? You've been around here long enough to know that I detest all politicians equally, but the very clear and plain fact is that when it comes to gun issues, the Dems are far and away the dimmest bulbs in the gun-rights box.

Perhaps you will recall that I refused to vote for Romney. I did that because he doesn't represent my interests, and if he doesn't represent my political interests, then he doesn't represent the country's interests, because when it comes to politics, the Constitution comes first, second and last with me. I tried to tell people who claim to be pro-life that they can't claim that with any credibility if they vote for pro-baby-killers like Romney. I tried to tell them that they can't be pro-2nd-Amendment if they vote for gun-grabbers either, which it just so happens Romney was as bad in that regard as any run of the mill stinkin' Demtard.

I'm as consistent with my disdain for politicians across the board as any poster who has ever logged on here. Pretend all you want that there's nothing self-destructive to your own interests by voting Democrat if you're a gun enthusiast. Pretending may ameliorate the stank for you, but I can smell it from here.

Talk about sheepish. Jeesh. Get real.

Blues

Must have watched a Biden training video. The only person she is making look bad is her. Most likely no training no skill set just like her president.

Me a party guy? Are you kidding? You've been around here long enough to know that I detest all politicians equally, but the very clear and plain fact is that when it comes to gun issues, the Dems are far and away the dimmest bulbs in the gun-rights box.

Perhaps you will recall that I refused to vote for Romney. I did that because he doesn't represent my interests, and if he doesn't represent my political interests, then he doesn't represent the country's interests, because when it comes to politics, the Constitution comes first, second and last with me. I tried to tell people who claim to be pro-life that they can't claim that with any credibility if they vote for pro-baby-killers like Romney. I tried to tell them that they can't be pro-2nd-Amendment if they vote for gun-grabbers either, which it just so happens Romney was as bad in that regard as any run of the mill stinkin' Demtard.

I'm as consistent with my disdain for politicians across the board as any poster who has ever logged on here. Pretend all you want that there's nothing self-destructive to your own interests by voting Democrat if you're a gun enthusiast. Pretending may ameliorate the stank for you, but I can smell it from here.

Talk about sheepish. Jeesh. Get real.

Blues

the statement wasnt directed at your personal political belief system. it was in general at the thought that someone cant be part of a party and not agree with it entirely.

and like i've said on here before, the only way to agree with any politician 100% is to run yourself.

That guy over there 3 states away did this so now I look bad, whahhhhhhh...

That lady in that other place said this so now everyone looks bad, whahhhhhhh....

The driver of that car just drove drunk, so ALL drivers now are going to look bad in the eyes of the *fill in the blank*.... Whahhhhh

What utter stupidity.

the statement wasnt directed at your personal political belief system. it was in general at the thought that someone cant be part of a party and not agree with it entirely.

First, BS. The statement was in direct reply to what I said. Nothing "general" about it.

Second, BS again. It has nothing to do with not agreeing with the Demtards "entirely," it is about imbeciles who claim to be 2nd Amendment supporters/advocates, and vote against their own interests every time they cast a vote for one. More importantly though, they vote against my rights, and that stinks to high Heaven.

A legitimate policy difference between parties or ideologies, like food stamps or publicly-funded housing, what have you, is something that can be disagreed about without affecting the constitutional rights of millions of people. Being a freakin' gun-grabber, or voting for them, cannot. Such politicians and the people who vote for them are the enemies of this country and the Constitution that is the foundation of it.

Pretend otherwise all you want. I prefer my enemies be out front about it.

Blues

Edited to address this that I missed:

and like i've said on here before, the only way to agree with any politician 100% is to run yourself.

I'd rather join the Mafia than the criminal enterprise known as the government of the United States of America. At least the Mafia are honest about what they are, and I know they won't try to disarm me. Both will, however, try to kill me if I step too far out of line, so neither get my support in word or deed, and it's for sure that neither will force me to compromise my own principles to participate in their criminality.

Link Removed

I dunno. The ditzy broad at the Starbucks who dropped her pocketbook and her gun inside went off made CCWs look bad. The armed goons that showed up back in November at a Moms Demand Action gathering made us look bad.
But this Kentucky Rep? She just opened the door for a lot of Demtard jokes, like "No wonder the Dems are so afraid of guns, look at how they handle them...", and such. She just made herself look dangerous.

I dunno. The ditzy broad at the Starbucks who dropped her pocketbook and her gun inside went off made CCWs look bad. The armed goons that showed up back in November at a Moms Demand Action gathering made us look bad.
But this Kentucky Rep? She just opened the door for a lot of Demtard jokes, like "No wonder the Dems are so afraid of guns, look at how they handle them...", and such. She just made herself look dangerous.

More "look bad" bullcrap...... NO-one and I mean NO-ONE can make me look bad but myself... same goes for you, so stop with the "he or she makes us look bad crap....."

My point is this. I see the gun rights opponents spinning this as, "Even a responsible, honest, upstanding legislator can't safely possess a handgun so how can we trust these stupid, irresponsible minions with one?" I see this going in that direction and KY gun owners well have to step up to the plate and defend their rights. Hope I am wrong.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

More "look bad" bullcrap...... NO-one and I mean NO-ONE can make me look bad but myself... same goes for you, so stop with the "he or she makes us look bad crap....."

I've actually used that mantra when appropriate, "Nobody can make you look bad but you", and in many applications it is true.

When it comes to fighting for our rights, though, this is the fight of our lives. To think the tide of national opinion doesn't matter is naive.
The media, however unfairly, influences that "tide", and those filth mangers only latch on to what sells. Millions of crimes thwarted by lawful gun owners, not news. Dumba$$ Plaxico Buress shoots himself in the leg, lotsa news.

As infuriating as it is dealing with our fellow citizens who are "on the fence" about guns, we need a large number of them to fall on our side if we're going to win this.
And that means putting a responsible, professional foot forward whenever possible.

Again, I don't see where this gal hurt our cause much, because she's one of the elitist, statist politicos herself. Mass killers like Adam Lanza SHOULDN'T hurt our cause because of the singular nature of what he did - but it has been demonstrated that he did in fact hurt us.

Every time somebody does something stupid with a gun, we slide backwards a little.

I've actually used that mantra when appropriate, "Nobody can make you look bad but you", and in many applications it is true.

When it comes to fighting for our rights, though, this is the fight of our lives. To think the tide of national opinion doesn't matter is naive.
The media, however unfairly, influences that "tide", and those filth mangers only latch on to what sells. Millions of crimes thwarted by lawful gun owners, not news. Dumba$$ Plaxico Buress shoots himself in the leg, lotsa news.

As infuriating as it is dealing with our fellow citizens who are "on the fence" about guns, we need a large number of them to fall on our side if we're going to win this.
And that means putting a responsible, professional foot forward whenever possible.

Again, I don't see where this gal hurt our cause much, because she's one of the elitist, statist politicos herself. Mass killers like Adam Lanza SHOULDN'T hurt our cause because of the singular nature of what he did - but it has been demonstrated that he did in fact hurt us.

Every time somebody does something stupid with a gun, we slide backwards a little.

facepalm-sml.png

What's been proven is that no words written on a bit of antique sheepskin parchment can stop an agenda-driven tyrant from climbing over the dead bodies of children to implement their agenda. What that has to do with you or me is a riddle wrapped in an enigma inside a mystery for which no decoding key is known to exist by man nor beast.

If you want to take on your shoulders the responsibility for what everyone who is against your principles thinks of you, be my guest, but leave me and the rest of gun-lovin', God-fearin' America out of it.

Blues

Why was she unloading her gun?

Part of gun safety is to handle a gun only when necessary. My carry and HD guns have been loaded for at least a month or longer (I really need to get to the range), and is unloaded only for cleaning or trips to the range.

The habit of clearing/reloading guns on a routine basis, makes the process routine and a perfect time for one to not pay enough attention to what you are doing and BANG! Fortunately she was following a few rules and the weapon was pointed in a safe direction.

Why was she unloading her gun?
Part of gun safety is to handle a gun only when necessary. My carry and HD guns have been loaded for at least a month or longer (I really need to get to the range), and is unloaded only for cleaning or trips to the range.
The habit of clearing/reloading guns on a routine basis, makes the process routine and a perfect time for one to not pay enough attention to what you are doing and BANG! Fortunately she was following a few rules and the weapon was pointed in a safe direction.

Yeah I thought that was odd too. Maybe she was going to show it to the guy in the office with her and "that is to guarantee that the private is not giving the inspecting officer a loaded weapon, sir!"
Talk about a shot heard round the world...

First, BS. The statement was in direct reply to what I said. Nothing "general" about it.

Second, BS again. It has nothing to do with not agreeing with the Demtards "entirely," it is about imbeciles who claim to be 2nd Amendment supporters/advocates, and vote against their own interests every time they cast a vote for one. More importantly though, they vote against my rights, and that stinks to high Heaven.

A legitimate policy difference between parties or ideologies, like food stamps or publicly-funded housing, what have you, is something that can be disagreed about without affecting the constitutional rights of millions of people. Being a freakin' gun-grabber, or voting for them, cannot. Such politicians and the people who vote for them are the enemies of this country and the Constitution that is the foundation of it.

Pretend otherwise all you want. I prefer my enemies be out front about it.

Blues

sorry oh god of usacarry!!! i will recede back into a hiding hole to not provoke any response other than what is 100% kosher with your own thoughts.

what i was saying was that my initial post had absolutely nothing to do w/ your own beliefs. you are the one that got butthurt and went into a diatribe about voting for romney/not voting for romney...no one asked and no one cares. my point was about the fact that neither party is 100% correct and you need to go with who you see fit....in a GENERAL statement. outside of guns, i align more with dems. did that stop me from voting for Paul in the SC primary last term? nope. take the self-rightous bs elsewhere.

Of course as a member of the ruling class she will not face any charges or face the possibility of losing her CCP. If one of us had happened to fire off a round even by accident we would be looking at lots of trouble ahead of us.

sorry oh god of usacarry!!! i will recede back into a hiding hole to not provoke any response other than what is 100% kosher with your own thoughts.

Well, if you can't take honest and forthright replies to your Demtard scrotum-licking screeds without whining about it, then that's probably a good idea.
_shrug__or__dunno__by_crula.gif

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back