"we don't have time for this" says cop before shooting teen.

dogshawred

Link Removed
~
The central fact concerning the death of Keith Vidal, 18, does not seem to be in dispute: after the schizophrenic youngster was tased and restrained by two officers, a third stepped up, said “we don’t have time for this”, fired into the scrum, then tried to do so again before being restrained. Vidal, who celebrated his birthday last month, was killed by the gunshot.
~
Cop shoots dead a tased, restrained, 100lb teen: "we don't have time for this" - Boing Boing
~
Anthony Owens, a family friend, wrote at CNN's iReport that Vidal was in a "more rational" state by the time the third officer arrived and told the others to stop negotiating. At this, he said, Vidal tried to flee into a bathroom before being tased and held down.
`
Owens then describes the killing: "As Vidal's father tried to step in and grab the screwdriver, the Southport Police Officer that had instructed the other officers to use their tasers moved between the father and the pile of people on the floor and said 'We don't have time for this' and shot Vidal once in the chest as the other two officers held him on the floor. Vidal's father then grabbed the officer as he was lining himself up for another shot."
~
Link Removed
~
BOILING SPRING LAKES, NC (WECT) - A detective from the Southport Police Department is on paid administrative leave after an officer involved shooting that happened at a home in Boiling Spring Lakes Sunday afternoon.
~
According to Chief Dove, Detective Byron Vassey was placed on leave in connection to his involvement in the shooting, though Dove would not confirm if Vassey was the one who pulled the trigger.
~
I find this report oh so disturbing and unfortunately not that outrageous with everything that LE has been reportedly doing around the country. My heart goes out to the parents that were only looking to get help getting their son to somewhere for the son to get help for his mental health.
`
Below is a post from Link Removed
`disqus_qm6OxDniZ1 • 7 hours ago
Don't EVER call the cops on a loved one unless they are really trying to kill you. I don't care if they stole your car or got in your liquor cabinet. About 60% of these cops have got anger, control and a litany of mental issues. They aren't smarter than you and they look at your kid as a potential cop killer and treat them as such. Handle your own business and if you can't, let it go if possible. But if you call the police, don't be shocked if they kill your kid.
`
This seems to be the best advice I've seen about calling police on friends and family, one would question if this would apply to calling police at all. If this is the general mentality about LE, why do we need them at all, they seem to cause more trouble than good. IMHO
`
I'm not saying all LE is bad and out of control. You just don't know who is going to respond when you call. Will the good cop arrive and help you with your problem OR is the propertied bad cop going to arrive to make matters worse and make you regret making the call. I just don't know.
~
Anyone in NC who has more information being reported locally will be appreciated by all, thanks.

Not trying to be rude, crude or indigent BUT who are you going to call. The local Pimp, maybe a drug dealer, how bout the food stamp swindler? A lot more to this case then is being released. A lot.....
+
I am not saying the shoot was justified. Just saying we need to look at the facts which forever seem to be never forth coming, ALA Zimmerman. This may be The Boy cried Wolf and called the Lawyer. Or this may be a unjustifiable shoot. Lets wait and see.

Not trying to be rude, crude or indigent BUT who are you going to call. The local Pimp, maybe a drug dealer, how bout the food stamp swindler?
When you call the Chicago cops, that may very well be exactly what you get.

The police have no legal duty to "protect" you, and depending upon where you live, you might need protection from THEM.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back