We choose the moon!!!

brock samson

I know this has absolutely nothing to do with guns, but you have got to check out this website in the next 18 hours.

It's the 40th anniversary of Apollo 11 and man walking on the moon. A website is following the mission in realtime.

We Choose the Moon: Celebrating the 40th Anniversary of the Apollo 11 Lunar Landing

And to any of you wacked-out "we didn't go to the moon" conspiracy theorists, you can kiss my big white full moon!:sarcastic:

On second thought, the Saturn V rockets moved faster than any bullet I've ever heard of. And like bullets, they are launched using explosive material. And it is about hitting a target: the moon. So, maybe it does have something to do with guns.:yu:

The astronauts traveled to the moon at about 35,000 mph which is the fastest any human has ever traveled. Unless you take into account that all of us travel about 65,000 mph on the earth going around the sun. Figure it out exactly that the radius of the Earth's orbit is 93,000,000 miles and takes one year. :biggrin:

throw in all the motions, the earth's rotation, its' orbit around the sun, the suns orbit within our galaxy, our galaxies motion through the universe.....runs up on the order of several hundred thousand miles an hour in a curving path. Keeping that in mind it makes true the statement that lightning never strikes twice in the same place. From one second to the next you will never occupy the same point in space twice.......NEVER. The trip to the moon was done at a crawl. Being an avionics troop, every time I go to the air and space museaum and look at the apollo 11 command module, I hear princess lea in my head.....you came in THAT? your braver than I thought!

Thanks for sharing; will show to my kids (these days they need reminders about the days when America was really great).

... Thanks for sharing; will show to my kids (these days they need reminders about the days when America was really great).

Be sure and remind your kiddos that AMERICA STILL IS GREAT!

As with every generation, ours if fraught with dangers, toils and trials… and plenty of bad guys! I’ll admit, at times it does seem everything’s going to hell! But, the majority in this nation today still believes in the values that made this country truly great!

Let’s be vigil and do our part (as our forefathers did before us) and fight to protect our heritage for this and future generations to come!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back