We ARE The Last Generation - how much time is left?

Oldgrunt

Cyr: Even being an "overly simplistic and dogmatic individual" I can see that you are also dogmatic and, maybe as I, or Ringo, to a fault. But, you seem to think that we have, or are discounting God, Himself, which is untrue. We do believe in the Triune God and in no way discount God, the Father. To do so would be absolute stupidity on all of our parts. Nor do we try to demean Jesus in any way because through Him our sins are forgiven. He was sacrificed for us.

Since you said you had majored in Theology, I'll go on the presumption that you are a minister or serve in some other religious capacity. However, since the disagreement arose about the validity of the Rapture occurring, you seem to be completely hostile to our "wayward" thinking or reference to Scripture. Not a very pastoral manner in which to convey religion to others. I can't speak for anyone but myself but I try to take Scripture as written and try to follow it with all sincerity. I am quite certain that you do the same. I am dogmatic, to a degree, but even disagree with some of the dogma of my own church yet struggle everyday to be the person He wants me to be.

You know, there have been several similarities in beliefs from all of us but just presented in different manners. I don't feel the need to cross swords with anyone when discussing religion and love to have stimulating conversations with anyone without dissention getting in the way. I can listen to others' beliefs without being hyper-critical of any differences we may have and hope the other party(ies) can be so inclined. Much easier on the digestion!

So, given that, we have all seem to be guilty of "foolish contentions." I apologize for any offense given and will seriously give more attention to reading rather than writing. God bless!

Titus 3:9: But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

Ringo

A WATCHMAN
sG5FB4EqE_FjdNAnWnJivCSabb9TtuO0EeIZpp0Aj41Lh1-71ZGC09hdINm6uDxXXt6rDWPyd8u57_s=s800-nd-v1

Ringo

A WATCHMAN
Our faith in the rapture nearness grows when our knowledge of the scripture grows. And our knowledge of the scripture can only grow when our diligence in searching the scripture grows.
CR-LgGRQT7WGx1Pr2qj5VjjRBmO-AviFu5eHMoEz7CzOZlQPh4r_guf8R6XCW9TafZ1p5x8AB3gq6g=s390-nd-v1

Ringo

A WATCHMAN
Actually it's 2029 that I am looking forward to because you agreed that you will not be posting here in 2029.
Nobody will be posting here in 2029 because this forum won't be here in 2029. Neither will you or approximately 7 billion other mockers be here. If you only knew the truth, you wouldn't be so anxious looking forward.

G50AE

Nobody will be posting here in 2029 because this forum won't be here in 2029. Neither will you or approximately 7 billion other mockers be here. If you only knew the truth, you wouldn't be so anxious looking forward.
I've lost count on how many dates I have lived through where the world was supposed to end. Y2K was one of them, as was the end of the Mayan Calendar, 9/09/09 was supposed to be another. I can remember a few others, but not the exact dates. Heck when Truman dropped the bomb on Japan, that was supposed to be the end, but it was not.

Ringo

A WATCHMAN
I've lost count on how many dates I have lived through where the world was supposed to end. Y2K was one of them, as was the end of the Mayan Calendar, 9/09/09 was supposed to be another. I can remember a few others, but not the exact dates. Heck when Truman dropped the bomb on Japan, that was supposed to be the end, but it was not.
Y2K and the Mayan Calendar are of the imagination of man. God uses prophecy to prove He is who He says He is, and to authenticate ALL of the warnings and promises found in the Bible. And neither myself or the Scriptures reference anything pertaining to the end of the world, only the end of life on Earth as we presently know it. You should read and study the Bible, you may actually learn something about the "season of time" that we're presently living in.

G50AE

Y2K and the Mayan Calendar are of the imagination of man.
And the Bible is a very interesting, much misunderstood and often misinterpreted work of literature written by men.* Sometimes the stories of the Bible were not written but passed on by oral tradition, at least for a while until the stories could be written down.

You may not be familiar with the term oral tradition, so I will explain it to you. Oral tradition is not a paid service you go to the local truck stop for. Oral tradition is when a story within a culture is told from one person to the next sometimes of the course of several generations. The main issue with an oral tradition story is that it will change over time as different story-tellers may emphasize different aspects of the story.

Also do remember that the books of the Bible were written in languages that are no longer used, Ancient Hebrew, Ancient Greek, Aramaic, Latin and possibly Persian, Babylonian, Assyrian and/or Ancient Egyptian. None of those languages are in common use today, nor do all of them readily translate into modern American English very well. American English is a very hodge-podge bastardized language.
You should read and study the Bible...
I do and I have extensively. That should be apparent to anyone reading my posts given the Biblical quotes that I use on occasion.

*Queen Ester might have been literate and wrote her story. While Ruth most likely would not have been literate. Also some of the epistles attributed to Paul may have actually been written by Phoebe.

Ringo

A WATCHMAN
And the Bible is a very interesting, much misunderstood and often misinterpreted work of literature written by men.* Sometimes the stories of the Bible were not written but passed on by oral tradition, at least for a while until the stories could be written down.

You may not be familiar with the term oral tradition, so I will explain it to you. Oral tradition is not a paid service you go to the local truck stop for. Oral tradition is when a story within a culture is told from one person to the next sometimes of the course of several generations. The main issue with an oral tradition story is that it will change over time as different story-tellers may emphasize different aspects of the story.

Also do remember that the books of the Bible were written in languages that are no longer used, Ancient Hebrew, Ancient Greek, Aramaic, Latin and possibly Persian, Babylonian, Assyrian and/or Ancient Egyptian. None of those languages are in common use today, nor do all of them readily translate into modern American English very well. American English is a very hodge-podge bastardized language.

I do and I have extensively. That should be apparent to anyone reading my posts given the Biblical quotes that I use on occasion.

*Queen Ester might have been literate and wrote her story. While Ruth most likely would not have been literate. Also some of the epistles attributed to Paul may have actually been written by Phoebe.
Good example of why God hates "RELIGION".

Ringo

A WATCHMAN
The gospel of Christ is Christianity. Christianity is a relationship with Jesus. Christianity is man getting to God God's way, that being through Jesus ONLY. Religion is man's attempt to get to God man's way, that being any way except through Jesus. Any other gospel except the gospel of Christ is religion. Scripture says... "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be under a curse! As we have said before, even now I say again: if anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, let him be condemned to hell!" There are many scrolls proving the accuracy of Scripture contrary to your posting, the most significant are the Dead Sea Scrolls.

G50AE

I'm not following you into your rabbit hole, I should have known better. Believe as you wish. Peace.

(OPENS ENVELOPE)

And the award for turning yellow in a religious discussion with G50AE goes to Ringo. Please come up on stage, put on the chicken costume, give a brief acceptance speech, and pick up your CCW Badge on the table next to the podium.

Ringo

A WATCHMAN
(OPENS ENVELOPE)

And the award for turning yellow in a religious discussion with G50AE goes to Ringo. Please come up on stage, put on the chicken costume, give a brief acceptance speech, and pick up your CCW Badge on the table next to the podium.
There's no discussing with you, just arguing. I see no point in arguing with you, you do a fine job of proving your complete ignorance on your own. Like I said before, believe as you wish.

Cyr

Know what, gentlemen? TIME WILL TELL! TIME WILL TELL!

I'll give you this, Ringo: Christ DID remain silent on two occasions, rather than on only one. The incident before Herod slipped my mind. Thanks for the reminder.

You're still wrong about all of that silly rapture nonsense, though. Have you forgotten Mose's admonition to neither add to, nor subtract from Sacred Scripture? (Darby, MacDonald, and Scofield definitely did; so why continue to share with them in their apostasy?)

Furthermore, how about cutting out your very unChristian behavior with G50AE. True believers are not supposed to pick on other people like that. Even Christ on the one occasion when He is recorded to have spoken directly to Satan did so with no more than a certain firm courtesy.)

Ringo

A WATCHMAN
We ARE The Last Generation - how much time is left?

The Parable of the Fig Tree

~ Prophecy is God's signature of authenticity ~
"Now learn a lesson from the fig tree. When its buds become tender and its leaves begin to sprout, you know without being told that summer is near". When you see events I describe beginning to happen, you can know his return is very near, right at the door... "Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until ALL these things have happened"

The verbs "learn" & "know" here are in the imperative mood, which means it is a command, not something optional. When Jesus says “this generation,” the Greek word for generation here is genea. Genea refers to a particular age or time. Jesus often used fig tree in parabolic form when communicating things about Israel, and there are several other verses to confirm this (Joel 1:6-8, 12; Luke 13:6-9; Jeremiah 24; Jeremiah 29:16-19). Virtually every theologian will agree that in the Bible, Israel is referred to as the fig tree.

So what does this verse mean? It simply means that the generation that sees Israel reborn and the fig tree "put out its leaves" is the same generation that will see the completion of the Tribulation and the return of Jesus Christ (Second Coming). Remember, this verse is in the imperative mood, which means it is a command for us - not just a parable to be overlooked! And guess what? Israel, a country that had not really existed as a separate nation for nearly 2,500 years, was declared a new sovereign state by an act of the United Nations on May 14, 1948!

There's another obvious question concerning this parable: how long is a generation? The length of a generation has not always been constant since the days of Adam and Eve. From the time of Adam up to today, humanity lifespan on earth has been deteriorating. The answer to this question can be found in the most significant and definitive declaration in the Bible for the life span of man which is given in Psalm 90 (Psalm 90:10). The Psalmist states that the life span of man is normally seventy years, eighty years if blessed with outstanding health:

"The days of our lives are seventy years; and if by reason of strength they be eighty years, yet is their labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away." (Psalms 90:10)

It's interesting that, even though Moses wrote Psalms 90 over 3,000 years ago, and he lived to be 120 years old, today, 70 years is almost exactly the average life expectancy of human beings worldwide. The average life span of those living today in Israel is between 70 and 80 years! It is reasonable to conclude that the generation Christ was talking about in the parable of the fig tree will also be 70 to 80 years in length. On 14th of May 1948, the state of Israel was proclaimed a nation! Since 1948, we have seen Israel put forth leaves on her tender branches both economically, military, financially and spiritually, and Israel has become a world force always in the news all over the world. If the leaves of the fig tree can be said to have sprung forth in 1948, then the generation is 73 years old this year!

If we use a generation of 80 years (with years of labor and sorrow) according to Psalms 90:10, then the year for 1948 generation to be over is (1948 + 80 years): 2028. Taking into account the seven-year Tribulation period, that would place the latest year for rapture and the beginning of the great tribulation to occur as (2028 – 7): 2021, possibly the beginning of 2022 depending on the difference in calendars. Israel's rebirth, along with recent prophetic events, indicates that the generation Christ was talking about has already been born, and the return of Jesus Christ to establish His reign for a thousand years is very close at hand. Considering Israel has marked 73 years of statehood on May 14th this year, and the signs of the times are all around us, we must remain watchful and alert, and continue spreading the gospel! Time is running out.

I am not attempting in any way, shape, form or fashion to set a day and hour for the return of Jesus but I am revealing the season for His return. While the Bible says we don’t know the day or hour, it certainly says that we know the times and seasons (1 Thessalonians 5:1-10). Otherwise, what was the point of giving signs that would indicate His coming was near?

The time of the "last days" that Jesus referred to, is not "in the future" and it's not "coming soon". It is here right now. Stay alert, Jesus is coming!

G50AE

Furthermore, how about cutting out your very unChristian behavior with G50AE.
Good luck with that one, Cyr. I asked him what in my previous post was contradicted and he turned yellow and even received an award for doing so. The post in question, I didn't really say anything controversial, IMHO.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apextochina