we are not a democracy

HK4U

My sister-in-law e-mailed the following to me today. This is one reason we are in the mess we are in today. We were designed to be a republic not a pure democracy.

I have always heard about this democracy countdown. It is interesting to see it in print. The sad thing about it, you can see it coming.
How Long Do We Have?
About the time our original thirteen states adopted their new constitution in 1787, Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the University of Edinburgh , had this to say about the fall of the Athenian Republic some 2,000 years earlier:
"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government."
"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury."
"From that moment on, the majority always vote for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship."
"The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years"
"During those 200 years, those nations always progressed through the following sequence:
1. from bondage to spiritual faith;
2. from spiritual faith to great courage;
3. from courage to liberty;
4. from liberty to abundance;
5. from abundance to complacency;
6. from complacency to apathy;
7. from apathy to dependence;
8. from dependence back into bondage"
Professor Joseph Olson of Hemline University School of Law, St. Paul , Minnesota , points out some interesting facts concerning the 2000 Presidential election:
Number of States won by: Gore: 19 Bush: 29
Square miles of land won by: Gore: 580,000 Bush: 2,427,000
Population of counties won by: Gore: 127 million Bush: 143 million
Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Gore: 13.2 Bush: 2.1
Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory Bush won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of this great country. Gore's territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in government-owned tenements and living off various forms of government welfare..." Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.
If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million criminal invaders called illegals and they vote, then we can say goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years.
Apathy is the greatest danger to our freedom; pass this along to all of your friends!
Thanks for reading.

Yeah, we are designed to be a republic. No one seems to believe me when we get into debates, however. So many people are brainwashed into spreading the good faith of a pure democracy!!!

Democracy

That was a good post!
Do you realize that up until the early 1920's the word Democracy was extremely rare in occurance. The reason was because the people of this country knew we lived in a Republic and to call our government a democracy was an affront to all citizens. Then a president used it in a speech and it has grown from that into the monstrous whore it is today. Yes, our voting method is democratic however, our source of rule is republican in nature. Those who aspire to great power and wealth have not only used this ugly term to their benefit, they expect us all to live at their feet and grovel for the hand outs this monster they created, called Federal Government, may be willing to toss us--as long as some may be left after giving all our wealth away to illegal aliens who neither deserve, or earned a penny they give them.
It makes me pretty dang frustrated.
And if you want to talk about apathy of the voters, this election has so many apathetic about the election they could care less about attending local caucus meetings, or about trying to work for good people to be elected. We are left with mostly sour milk out there i the election (nationally). In Utah we had our caucus meetings on Tuesday. My precinct had 11 people out of close to 1300 eligible registered voters show up! Last election when it was local we had about 40, and that was mostly due to the illegal alien issue. Do people even care anymore?
All we can do, it seems, is try our hardest and work towards good. That and a lot of praying!

I am afraid you are right. We are becoming our own worst nightmare.

I seem to remember a little ditty from grade school: I pledge allegience to the flag of the United States of America and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands one nation under God indivisable with liberty and justice for all.

Gee I wish our elected officials had to say that before every gathering. It might make them think before they did something stupid.

I am afraid you are right. We are becoming our own worst nightmare.

I seem to remember a little ditty from grade school: I pledge allegience to the flag of the United States of America and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands one nation under God indivisable with liberty and justice for all.

Gee I wish our elected officials had to say that before every gathering. It might make them think before they did something stupid.

this is so true.. and when was the last time the pledge was said in schools?. I remember saying it everyday in part of elementary school.. but then all of a sudden we stopped doing it. jefferson said every 20 years there needs to be a revolution to keep the government in check... I would say we are looooong overdue. and look where we are heading..

Schools

this is so true.. and when was the last time the pledge was said in schools?. I remember saying it everyday in part of elementary school.. but then all of a sudden we stopped doing it. jefferson said every 20 years there needs to be a revolution to keep the government in check... I would say we are looooong overdue. and look where we are heading..

I can remember when you could pray in school too.

Apparently our little school is a holdout. They do the pledge every morning and sing the national anthem. Our kindergarten teacher also has the kids learn Lee Greenwood's I'm Proud to be an American as part of her kindergarten curriculum! Absolutely frightening how little America as a whole is educated about what made our country what it is (or has been). Going to put in a plug here for a book for all the parents and grandparents out there--"How to Raise an American" by Myrna Blyth and Chriss Winston--excellent book (not written by liberals) on the state of the nation and what adults can and should teach their children about loving and supporting the good in our country. I think I've mentioned it before, but doesn't hurt to plug it again :)

Apparently our little school is a holdout. They do the pledge every morning and sing the national anthem. Our kindergarten teacher also has the kids learn Lee Greenwood's I'm Proud to be an American as part of her kindergarten curriculum! Absolutely frightening how little America as a whole is educated about what made our country what it is (or has been). Going to put in a plug here for a book for all the parents and grandparents out there--"How to Raise an American" by Myrna Blyth and Chriss Winston--excellent book (not written by liberals) on the state of the nation and what adults can and should teach their children about loving and supporting the good in our country. I think I've mentioned it before, but doesn't hurt to plug it again :)

wow that is great:) so there are still some good schools out there not being brought down by the anti god and anti american way of life. is it a pretty small school in utah then? I never went to school in utah... but spent a month in the MTC in provo... then lived in orem for 2 and a half years.very nice state.

It's the elementary for our town of approx 1600 people and two neighboring towns that almost don't make it on the map. I wasn't sure about sending my kids to public/government school, but when my first came home singing Lee Greenwood and I have never been called about his many drawings of war scenes, I figured I'm okay with this one. I never went to school here either except college and now as a room mother :), but I'm sure glad we ended up here for my kids' sake.

Found this little Truism on the Web...

Definitions:
A Democracy: 3 wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner.
A Republic: The flock appoints the wolves that get to vote on what's for dinner.
A Constitutional Republic: Voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

You can explore the differences more fully Link Removed

Last edited:
Found this little Truism on the Web...

Definitions:
A Democracy: 3 wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner.
A Republic: The flock appoints the wolves that get to vote on what's for dinner.
A Constitutional Republic: Voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

You can explore the differences more fully Link Removed

Some good information. Thanks for posting.

When I was in school we were taught that the U. S. was a Republic. We were also taught real U. S. history not revised history. And last but not lest to be proud to be an AMERICAN!!! And this was in California.

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back