WBIR in Knoxville looks at handgun permits

DrDavidM

They have reviewed all the TN handgun permits. I am not sure how I feel about this, but at least they didn't print our names and addresses.

Link Removed

Interesting. The article seems completely neutral, only stating facts about what demographics are likely to have a permit. They made no conclusions whatsoever.

Just good science and reporting here, no agenda. How unusual. :rolleyes:

That's true, Ishi, but it's a little unnerving considering the behavior of newspapers in areas such as Ohio. All it takes is one reporter with an agenda, coupled with some drive for achievement, for my name & address to be in circulation.

That sounds like a good supreme court test - sue the government for allowing invasion of privacy for only exercising your rights. Library checkout records aren't public, neither should be lists of CCWers.

I had no idea this was public record until I read this. While I really don't care if someone knows I have a permit, I have a real problem with my address being accessible to the public. A few years ago the TN pharmacists database had addresses posted on the internet. Some pharmacists had people waiting for them when they got home. I don't really know what happened. Pretty scary.

The Kansas Press Assn. tried to get their hands on our list but the state legislature passed a law to close these records to all but LEO and the Atty. Gen.

As I understand it, the Sherriff in Lebanon, TN, at one time published all the names of current permit holders in Wilson County. He created a very angry group of people. Glad I didn't live there.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back