Waterproof bag for M&P Sheild

901-Memphis

I am looking for some type of water proof bag to conceal carry my shield while I'm at the beach. I should be able to easily fit it in the cargo pocket of my swim trunks.

I am trying to find the best product for this and I tried using Google a bit but it's not helping at all. I know this product has to exist even if it's not intended for this purpose?

I tested zip locks and the seal fails sometimes. I know there's some type of camping or kayaking dry bag that would work but I don't know any of the brands or what's junk.

As to why?... I'm going to be vacationing away from home I'd prefer my firearm be with me at all times.

Camping and outdoor stores do have better waterproof plastic bags, e.g., Link Removed.

Are you planning to carry your firearm in the pocket of your swimming trunks while in the ocean water? If so, that is a good way to lose it, permanently. A waterproof waist pack would make more sense, e.g., Link Removed.

I probably won't be swimming in the ocean but may be standing in it. I can't possibly be the only person who wants to be armed everywhere I go.

Well, there are different ways to go about things in life. Based on your OP, you already made up your mind about what you want and why, which leaves you with not a lot of options. Explaining your thought process would make it much easier to find solutions, other than the ones I already posted.

Think about the difference between carrying your firearm everywhere you go vs. being able to use it everywhere you go. A handgun in the cargo pocket of your swim trunks enclosed in some waterproof bag is pretty useless. How long does it take you to unpack that contraption when you need to draw your gun?

Instead of using such cumbersome setup, drawing from a waist pack is significantly simpler. If anyone asks about your waist pack, tell them it's medical equipment. Does that waist pack have to be waterproof? Not really. It may be more convenient tough.

Alternatively, you can just drop your waterproof requirement and carry the firearm using a standard pocket holster in the cargo pocket of your swim trunks.

Also, think about that you should go to the beach (or pool) with this setup already in place. Handling your firearm in public at the beach (or pool) is just asking for trouble.

PS: For those making jokes about carrying while swimming, realize that if you don't then the gun is either on the beach, where it may get stolen, or secured in the car, where it is even more useless.

This topic has got me curious.

Other than warfare, how often have there been shootings between standing-in-the-water shooters and shore shooters, or between two people both in the water (not in boats, personal watercraft, ships or James Bond movies)? What were the circumstances?

Other than warfare, how often have there been shootings between standing-in-the-water shooters...
You would need to get two of these type guys together at the same water hole with a situation where they somehow manage to piss each other off and natural selection takes it's course. Fortunately they are pretty rare in terms of percentage of the overall beach-going population, so chances of it happening are very small.

I just bought the overboard universal waterproof bag large size I mentioned previously. I found a good deal they had on Amazon warehouse products I guess it's damaged packaging or open box either way it was only $19 instead of $40 for the new one and it's IP68 waterproof submersible

I am not sure if it's going to do the trick but I can still use it for my cell phone or similar if it doesn't work.

Sometimes you just have to relax and enjoy life.

There are places I will not go unarmed, (WalWart, pharmacies) but many places I do go unarmed. Yes, stuff can happen anywhere, but damn to be paranoid about it is self deprecating.

And if you find a bag to carry that will protect your gun from sand, salt air and salt water, how quickly would you be able to get to your gun.

I would be able to retrieve it faster from the water proof bag than I would be from the safe at home that's for sure.

I am looking for some type of water proof bag to conceal carry my shield while I'm at the beach. I should be able to easily fit it in the cargo pocket of my swim trunks.

I am trying to find the best product for this and I tried using Google a bit but it's not helping at all. I know this product has to exist even if it's not intended for this purpose?
Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back