Wasted of Time & Ammo

LongRider

Summer has been hectic with little time to hit the range so a couple of times a week I bust a couple of caps in my back yard with my carry gun. One (13 rounds) or two (26 rounds) mags. Some days it will be bullseye shooting, other days it will be draw and fire one and two handed, single and multiple targets, or draw & fire while moving just a mix. Cleaning my gun monthly. No dramatic improvements in my shooting draw and fire may have a slight improvement over the summer. Am I wasting time and ammo? Opinions.

Shooting anytime is not a waste of time. As long as you are working on fundamentals and trying to be as accurate as you can, then it worth it. It will also keep you sharp on the feel, sights, report and recoil of your firearm.

Shooting anytime is not a waste of time. As long as you are working on fundamentals and trying to be as accurate as you can, then it worth it. It will also keep you sharp on the feel, sights, report and recoil of your firearm.

+1 So long as you're not simply squeezing off rounds and playing "gangstah", I would say that you're not wasting ammo.

gf

I heard once from my ccw instructor in utah that in order to improve how well you shoot, you need to shoot at least 300 rounds per month. not sure where he got this info from.. some types of studies..

then again even dry firing can help you improve.. I'm sure that only goes so far though.

Summer has been hectic with little time to hit the range so a couple of times a week I bust a couple of caps in my back yard with my carry gun. One (13 rounds) or two (26 rounds) mags. Some days it will be bullseye shooting, other days it will be draw and fire one and two handed, single and multiple targets, or draw & fire while moving just a mix. Cleaning my gun monthly. No dramatic improvements in my shooting draw and fire may have a slight improvement over the summer. Am I wasting time and ammo? Opinions.

Wasting ammo?!?!?!

That's like asking "I've spent all summer on the lake fishing and raking in the bass & crappie. Did I waste my time?"

Yes just go ahead and send all that extra ammo to me.Pratice pratice pratice.It can only help.

Shooting is never a waste of time. Well, at least if you enjoy it as much as I do. If you are practicing and not seeing much improvement then you may have something wrong or something that could be improved on your basic fundamentals. Stance, grip, sight picture, ect. It may be worth while to take a professional tactical handgun course. The instructors would be able to point out anything wrong or areas you could improve in. Then instead of just pop'n off rounds, doing the same ol same ol, you'd have something new to work on. Most likely improving youre shooting as a whole.

I know any class I've taken I've always come out with something I can work on and improve. Which as help my shooting a lot.

+1 So long as you're not simply squeezing off rounds and playing "gangstah", I would say that you're not wasting ammo.

gf

Make that +2. Just because it's outdoors in your backyard and not at a range does not make it a waste. If anything, this is actually a pretty good idea (as long as it's not illegal), because you won't have to pay to use a range.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back