Was This The Effect We Were Going For?

Eidolon

Alter Kocker
Sonic has joined the growing list of businesses who have gone from open carry neutral to open carry prohibited based on the actions of a few over that top open carriers.

How many times is this going to happen before we get the idea that maybe we need to approach this from another angel?

Now that this is highly publicized it wouldn't surprise me for it to become a new MO for the anti crowd, if it hasn't been already.
Protesters shouldn't be allowed to trespass on your front lawn. We are not guaranteed a right to open carry in a business because it is said to be private property of the business owner. So I wonder since your 2A rights are suspended why aren't other rights suspended.
As an example not being able to demand that a baker make a wedding cake that said baker objects to on religious grounds?
I am not advocating discrimination, just wondering about free association. It seems that some must adhere to the rights of others at the expense of their own rights.
Win the hearts and minds of others without hitting them over the head and scaring the crap out of them. Of course I believe if something legal scares you dramatically then seek help! It's a gradual process but this is a setback for sure. The only ones you would have won over were the ones that were undecided not the liberal hoplophobes, they have an irrational thought process and are emotional.

Was this the effect Sonic was going for?

[h=2]Sonic bans guns, gets robbed the same day[/h]
The laws of unintended consequences always apply, but there's no reason they have to control the discussion. People exercising their rights the way they see fit is of no concern to me. If they get tired of being locked out of the places they have been congregating to hold their demonstrations, then I guess they'll change their strategy. If not, then I guess they'll change their location, or stop demonstrating, or start getting arrested. It's their protest. There is no "we" about it. I have no interest in carrying a rifle openly. Likewise, I have no interest in blaming hoplophobia on people trying to draw attention to a government abuse of refusing to allow the open carry of handguns. The hoplophobes will do what they're going to do, and the demonstrators will (likely) do the same in a way that they think benefits their issue.

Blues

We are not guaranteed a right to open carry in a business because it is said to be private property of the business owner. So I wonder since your 2A rights are suspended why aren't other rights suspended.

We are not allowed to exercise our Rights, all of them including to carry in any way, open or concealed, on private property without permission.

A good example, WinCo doesn't allow any protesting, rallies, beggars, boy scouts, girl scouts, or anything like that on their property. And unlike what some in this forum have argued with me before, they do restrain and search customers they believe have stolen, without police presence, and the company has never been sued or arrested.

You do not have permission to exercise the 1st amendment right or the 4th amendment on their property. They follow state law with firearms for their customers, but don't allow their employees to carry.

When a store reserves the power to not serve anyone they don't want to, they reserve the power to restrict all your Rights on their property by simply not allowing you on the property.

Curious, those that think concealed means concealed, do you also think:

You should only have the freedom of speech inside your head, but not out loud.

You can practice any religion you want, hidden in your home, but not openly in public.

You write anything you want, but keep it hidden, you can't publicly print it.

You have security against unreasonable searches and seizures, but only of the things you you have not brought out into public.

Shall I go on?

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

Maybe I am a little slow or I misunderstand your point. You ended my post where I wondered why other rights aren't suspended. When you leave it like that I think I understand what you are trying to say but without my example in my paragraph after the one you used from my post, it is out of context. Yes there are other rights that are suspended but I was referring to how the suspension of some rights seem to be OK. That paragraph is needed for proper context.

Maybe I am a little slow or I misunderstand your point. You ended my post where I wondered why other rights aren't suspended. When you leave it like that I think I understand what you are trying to say but without my example in my paragraph after the one you used from my post, it is out of context. Yes there are other rights that are suspended but I was referring to how the suspension of some rights seem to be OK. That paragraph is needed for proper context.

Oh, I think I know what your saying...clarify if I'm wrong...

Stores restrict exercising other rights and no one cares, but they restrict firearms and it's a big hoopla? I agree with that!

yeah.....That's the ticket!:yu: Well not totally. It's more about our PC over reaching govt. I don't like the idea of having to defend myself but I want to say I am not bashing anyone but this is the best scenario to explain my point.
I think if you have a retail store you should serve everyone that is not breaking the law. If you are gay and come into a bakery you should be treated just like any customer. (How you would know the person is gay is another book) Now on the one hand if an establishment doesn't want guns in their store one way or the other the law will side with them. Outright or through a trespassing law if they knew you had a gun.
Now back to the bakery. A gay couple come in and want you to make their wedding cake and deliver it to their venue as is the usual case for a wedding cake. Now you serve gay people all the time in your store but you do not want to support gay marriage as you see it through your wedding cake for stated religious reasons.
One case your 2A rights do not exist in any store. In the other case your freedom of religion must bend to that couple claiming discrimination.
There is often a disparity of equal protection under the law. That's it. Not looking for agreement or disagreement on the scenario. They were just used for demonstration purposes.

What if I'm gay (I'm not), and OC? Can I claim discrimination? Made ya think, huh? I'm very pro OC (in WA), but some of these guys in TX that are posing with long guns are making us look bad. I highlighted posing, because I don't go to any business to make a statement. I go there because I need something they have to offer me. I just happen to have my OC'd 1911 with me. I personally don't have an issue with a privately owned business turning a person away for ANY reason. You don't want my money? Whatever, I will find a place that will. Have you seen his FB page?
I'm in favor of carry whether CC, or OC. But this guy, wtf???
Images: Open Carry group?s latest ?Look at me!? moment armed in a restaurant | FreakOutNation

Chili's has also suggested to not carry weapons in their eateries. Never eat there or at Sonic. Food is pathetic. Problem solved.

What if I'm gay (I'm not), and OC? Can I claim discrimination? Made ya think, huh? I'm very pro OC (in WA), but some of these guys in TX that are posing with long guns are making us look bad. I highlighted posing, because I don't go to any business to make a statement. I go there because I need something they have to offer me. I just happen to have my OC'd 1911 with me. I personally don't have an issue with a privately owned business turning a person away for ANY reason. You don't want my money? Whatever, I will find a place that will. Have you seen his FB page?
I'm in favor of carry whether CC, or OC. But this guy, wtf???
Images: Open Carry group?s latest ?Look at me!? moment armed in a restaurant | FreakOutNation

You follow a website that can't even get the rifles names correct...both are AR15's but they shoot different ammo? I dunno...seems a little hypocritical for the author to call someone else an idiot...

Is 30 rounds a lot of ammo? They sure make it seem that way.

The article started out on the wrong premise from the very first sentence:

We here at FON understand that Open Carry Tarrant County’s rights to be dorks trumps the public’s right to eat at a restaurant without having to be surrounded with gun carrying fanatics.

There is no public right to eat at a restaurant without having to be surrounded with guns. The anti-gun crowd has no more rights than the pro-gun crowd does. No, you don't have a right to feel safe in a restaurant - if you don't feel safe there than you have the right to leave.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back