Want to carry multiple concealed weapons?

Landavazoaj

Hey guys, I know this wouldn't happen til next year, but I was wondering if you guys would like to choose a representative to ask to sponsor a bill?

I wrote this out and wanted some feedback and maybe some support to choose a legislator and ask that he or she sponsor the bill?

Here is the letter i've written so far....if you have something to add please do.

Dear __________

I am writing to you to ask you to sponsor a change in the statutes relating to carrying a concealed weapon. Specifically statute 29-19-6 subsection C(4) which reads:

the category and the largest caliber of handgun that the licensee is licensed to carry, with a statement that the licensee is licensed to carry smaller caliber handguns but shall carry only one concealed handgun at any given time.

I believe that this statute limits concealed handgun license holders a restriction that is unnecessary, that being the “…..with a statement that the licensee is licensed to carry smaller caliber handguns but shall carry only one concealed handgun at any given time”.
I would like to ask that you sponsor a bill to amend the statute above and to add specific language that would allow multiple handguns to be carried by permit holders. Perhaps by replacing the above portion with: “With a statement that the licensee is licensed to carry smaller caliber handguns, and may carry multiple concealed handguns at any given time while the licensee is in compliance with all other laws and rules of the concealed carry act.”

Thank you for your consideration,
Respectfully,
Your Name
Your Address
Any town, USA​

Hey guys, I know this wouldn't happen til next year, but I was wondering if you guys would like to choose a representative to ask to sponsor a bill?

I wrote this out and wanted some feedback and maybe some support to choose a legislator and ask that he or she sponsor the bill?

Here is the letter i've written so far....if you have something to add please do.

Dear __________

I am writing to you to ask you to sponsor a change in the statutes relating to carrying a concealed weapon. Specifically statute 29-19-6 subsection C(4) which reads:

the category and the largest caliber of handgun that the licensee is licensed to carry, with a statement that the licensee is licensed to carry smaller caliber handguns but shall carry only one concealed handgun at any given time.

I believe that this statute limits concealed handgun license holders a restriction that is unnecessary, that being the “…..with a statement that the licensee is licensed to carry smaller caliber handguns but shall carry only one concealed handgun at any given time”.
I would like to ask that you sponsor a bill to amend the statute above and to add specific language that would allow multiple handguns to be carried by permit holders. Perhaps by replacing the above portion with: “With a statement that the licensee is licensed to carry smaller caliber handguns, and may carry multiple concealed handguns at any given time while the licensee is in compliance with all other laws and rules of the concealed carry act.”

Thank you for your consideration,
Respectfully,
Your Name
Your Address
Any town, USA​

How about this instead:

Whereas, the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution clearly states that, "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed', means exactly what it says. It is not open to interpretation by any one person, group, organization or government entity. It means what it says. The right is ours, not the government's or any one else's, it belongs to "WE THE PEOPLE".

Whereas, we recognize that, "WE THE PEOPLE" have a God given right to protect ourselves, our families and our communities, therefore no Governmental Agency, Federal, State or Local has any authority whatsoever to restrict or deny, "WE THE PEOPLE" the right to be armed either openly or concealed at any time and in any place whatsoever within the Continental Boundaries of the United States of America.

Whereas, we recognize this right, to be in inalienable right, given to us by our Creator, that no man or governmental entity may put this right asunder.

Whereas, this right is a right automatically extended to any citizen of the United States of America upon birth and upon any non citizen, legally residing within the United States.

well, I truly beleive and agree with all of your points, but the NM Constitution was ammended to read that no law shall infringe on this right HOWEVER nothing shall be construed to authorize the carry of concealed arms or some such nonsense. I truly wish that all of our rights would be restored to the constitutional status. But it's not going to happen in one big swift action, it'll happen slowly through the passing of legislation one by one.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back