walther pps or Springfield Armory XD subcompact

thomasres

Ok i am looking at buying a new cc gun cant decide witch one to get
walther pps or Springfield XD subcompact both come in 9mm and 40sw cal does not matter want to here from others who have and carry these guns.

I currently carry the springfield XD 40 (4" not sc) but I will tell you I absolutly love it and have not met a person yet that didnt love how it shot. My dad just bought the XD 9mm SC and I felt it shot the same as long as I was use the extended clip. the small clip made the gun sit on my pinky instead of allowing my pinking to wrap it. I carry it in a black hawk serpa OWB. I also carry a S&W 99 (40) IWB in a Kholster it just depends on how I feel that day. I dont have any experience with the PPS but do have the P22 and know walthers are wonderful guns it sounds like you are stuck between a rock and a hard place but would say try and find someone that will let you shoot them if your really not sure which one you want. Hope this helps and not make it harder

I have 2 rugers (.380 & .38+P), 1 Marlin .22 semi auto, 2 S&W 38s, one Sig 239 in .40 and the Springfield SC .40. When I pick one up to have fun, it will always be the Springfield. Just a great shooting, acurate, fells good in your hand weapon. Very dependable and eats anything you feed it. Not the easiest to conceal, but certianly not the hardest. You get used to it and it will be more than enough to stop a BG. Walthers are good too, but for me the Springfield is my favorite all around weapon. Almost to much fun to think of as a CCW, but it serves this purpose well. I know it will always go BANG!

As mentioned, find both of them and go to the range. To each his own. You will know when you pick it up if it is the one for you:to_pick_ones_nose:

Having no experience with the Walther I can only comment on the XD. I don't have an issue with concealed carry. I carry in a pancake holster with a spare mag on the weak side. I love the way it shoots and feel in the hand. As suggested, if you can find both to try first this will help in the decision. just to add a little fuel to the decision fire read this article.
SPRINGFIELD ARMORY
I think you'll be impressed.

My best buddy has an XD45 and I love to shoot that gun, very accurate and has a nice trigger pull. I may just have to get one to keep my Glock company.:biggrin:

I have a Walther PPS 9 but do not have a Springfield XD subcompact, so I cannot really compare them. I really like the PPS. Having a single stack magazine keeps it about as thin as the Kahr PM9 or Kel Tec PF9. Thinness really helps by not adding bulk that can be uncomfortable while concealing.

I'm a lefty which is one reason I chose a PPS over a Kahr. The mag release on the PPS is ambidextrous.

By the way, the last post refers to a PPK which is not the same gun, of course.

Charles

I have the XD-40 and love it. I also carry the Kahr PM40 depending on wardrobe. I just picked up a Kimber Ultra Pro Carry. It is sweet. I think they all have a place in my carry wardrobe.

Speaking of the XD, I've bought and sold 2. I just keep coming back. I carry mine in a IWB, Comptac, MTAC Minotaur. I've also carried it in a OWB, Blackhawk Serpa.

When at the range, I haven't found anyone who doesn't like the XD.

I had an XD9sc and got rid of it and replaced it with a Kahr CW45. Same height, same length, but thinner and lighter. Think about that, homey.
My buddy had an XD9sc and got rid of it and replaced it with a PPS. He shot my CW9 also, but didn't like it. He loves his PPS. The PPS and Kahrs will carry better than the XD9sc. I have a good belt and good holster, but the S'field still got a little heavy after a few hrs. Ultimately, that's why both of us got rid of the S'fields. They shoot great. The Kahrs? They're a piece of cake to carry and shoot and I'd expect that the PPS is, too. If you want decent overall size and high capacity, then the S'field might be for you. 7+1 in .45, thin and light is fine with me, though.

Walther PPS

Of the two guns, the XD and the PPS. I just traded my XD .40 last week for a PPS .40, never really liked the XD's actually. Not really a huge fan of the "plastic" guns really but the PPS fits nice and snug and extremely concealed and a very fast draw. A much better alternative than the Ruger LCP or even the mini Taurus.

concealed carry

The XD sub-compacts are dependable and accurate, the only down side is that they are a little thick for some concealed carry. The Glock sub-compacts are only slightly thinner. My first choice for carry is a Kahr PM40 or PM9 because they are thinner. All three are very good carry options. Shootability is most important for any firearm, including concealed carry. You need to be able to shoot it well and like the way it handles, then you factor in caliber, size, weight, capacity, etc. I have a freind who can make a 1911 disappear when he carries, I can't.

I carry the xd40 sub. That is what I prefer. It is however, wider and heavier that the walther. But carries more rounds. I checked both of them thoroughly before deciding on the xd. What it came down to is the way it feels in my hand. I carry it outside 4:00.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back