walmart

Walmart's corporate policy is to follow state law where the particular store is located. So in Michigan you can carry concealed or openly in Walmart. I have carried openly in the walmart on the north side of Lansing without a problem. So each store follows the gun laws in the state they are in.

You're kidding? Really? I "almost" open carry, in the form that, most of the time my pistol is covered, rather obviously, with a vest, and I usually wear one of 2 T-Shirts. One says, "Guns don't kill people, Liberals against Conceal-carry laws kill people." And the other says, "Concealed Carry works for me!"

And if you really want to get stared at, walk into a court house with one of those T-shirts on. :D

FYI, you realize there are some people who are CCW friendly, but think Open carry is dumb. FYI, I'm not one of those people. :)

Too funny.... I started a new thing once I got the "inside info" from a few of my buddys who work at Wal-Mart. Once I've paid for my goods, it's legally mine. With that in mind, I do the same at Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Home Depot, etc. regardless of what state I'm in. While walking towards the door, if they ask to see my receipt, I look them straight in the eye and say "NO!" and continue walking. They have yet to attempt to stop me for anything. Should they stop me, they better have a damn good reason, because I've got a damn good attorney. Legal counsel has advised me that they have no RIGHT to check my receipt. Once I've paid for the goods, I'm free to leave the store without them hassling me. Now Sam's Club and Costco is another story because they can yank my membership for not "playing nice". :wink:

BTW, all of the door checkers (aka "greeters") here in Hawaii are elderly, frail, physically challenged, or a combination.

gf

Too funny.... I started a new thing once I got the "inside info" from a few of my buddys who work at Wal-Mart. Once I've paid for my goods, it's legally mine. With that in mind, I do the same at Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Home Depot, etc. regardless of what state I'm in. While walking towards the door, if they ask to see my receipt, I look them straight in the eye and say "NO!" and continue walking. They have yet to attempt to stop me for anything. Should they stop me, they better have a damn good reason, because I've got a damn good attorney. Legal counsel has advised me that they have no RIGHT to check my receipt. Once I've paid for the goods, I'm free to leave the store without them hassling me. Now Sam's Club and Costco is another story because they can yank my membership for not "playing nice". :wink:

BTW, all of the door checkers (aka "greeters") here in Hawaii are elderly, frail, physically challenged, or a combination.

gf

lol that's funny./ I'd be tempted to try and do that. but here they usually just say have a nice day as I walk out.. unless the alarm goes off because the genius who checked me out did not deactivate the sensor. usually it is an older guy in a wheelchair who doesn't have any legs.. I could never be mean to him. I would feel so horrible. he is always friendly as people come and go.

Same for me, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Meijer, whatever. IF the buzzer goes off, I usually just stop, turn around and look for the greeter, who checks my receipt, checks the bag, and says "have a nice day" as I go out the door.

I'm not saying I'm hoping for a door Nazi, but, if I was grabbed the way Canis-Lupus was, I'd be screaming at the top of my lungs for a cop, and a lawyer, because I'd have that person's job, and the owning that store.

I ignore the buzzer and keep on walking. I did get stopped once in the parking lot of Home Depot by a uniformed security officer. He told me "You need to show me your receipt." I told him "I paid for my stuff, you need to fix your gadget and go catch a real theif." At this point the guy moved to grab the Home Depot bag I was carrying. I told him "Do you really want to loose your job and go to court for your $8.00/hr job?" The guy stopped and said "Hand it over or I'll be forced to call the police." I told him "Go ahead, and if you're wrong, I'll be seeing you in court." He got on his Home Deopt phone (I could tell because it's this big cordless phone hanging from his belt, versus a conventional cell phone.) He tried to bluff me and played as though 911 was on the other end. A few minutes later the store manager came out to the parking lot along with the in-house security chief. It happens that I knew both gentlemen. We shook hands and they asked me what's going on. After giving them the details, the turned to the security guard and asked him if my story was accurate. The security guard nodded and the told me that I was free to go.

A couple of days later they store manager called me and invited me to lunch. Along with the security chief, we had lunch at a local restaurant and discussed the situation. It turns out that the security guard was a "Mall Ninja" type that was a Police Academy wash out. They found out from his employer (the private security company contracted to work the PARKING area) about the guy's history and how he was given the assignment because he was instructed to have "no contact" with customers. He was responsible for checking the parking area, reporting to the store managment if there were unauthorized folks in the handicapped parking, folks with lights on, traffic incidents, etc. He was not authorized to aprehend folks in the parking lot and specifically told to avoid engaging with customers. Needless to say, the guy was let go by the security company. My buddies asked that I cooperate with store employees in the future if their inventory control system mistakenly "caught me" the future. They jokingly asked if I would have put the guy on the ground if he tried to grab me. I told them that "He would have gotten a run for his money." They thanked me for keeping my cool and for shopping at their store.

Funny how folks become when you slap a tin badge on them and give them limited responsibilities. The "Respect my authoratai" mindset kicks in. Too bad the rent-a-cop "Mall Ninja" type didn't look like Cartman as well. :)

gf

You're kidding? Really? I "almost" open carry, in the form that, most of the time my pistol is covered, rather obviously, with a vest, and I usually wear one of 2 T-Shirts. One says, "Guns don't kill people, Liberals against Conceal-carry laws kill people." And the other says, "Concealed Carry works for me!"

And if you really want to get stared at, walk into a court house with one of those T-shirts on. :D

FYI, you realize there are some people who are CCW friendly, but think Open carry is dumb. FYI, I'm not one of those people. :)

I wouldn't kid you. You are braver that I am, in regards to your T-shirt choices.

I'm aware about the CPL crowd against open carry, but a few have come on over to the dark side. Remember, traditionally a gentleman carried openly and a scallywag carried concealed. I like to think of myself as a gentleman.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back