Wallet Card for Open Carry?

So than why do you call yourself BIG Gay Al? :lol::lol: Sorry, I couldn't resist. :laugh:

He's big, his name is Al, and he's a very happy person... :biggrin:

He's big, his name is Al, and he's a very happy person... :biggrin:

Works for me! :biggrin:

The real story, it started as a joke. Waaay back, when I took over the Michigan Pink Pistols, one of my friends in another group started calling it "Big Gay Al's Big Gay Gun Group." (Yes, I am a big guy, 6'2" tall, 280 lbs, and my first name is Albert, which is usually shortened to Al. And I'm usually "happy guy," unless I get pissed off, then I'm not so happy. ) It stuck. I've not decided yet, if I need to get even with her, or thank her for it. :wink:

Sometime after that, another friend sent me the BGA icon, and then someone else modified it for me, by replacing the cigarette with a pistol. So far, no one's had a problem with the screen name, and only one forum ever complained about that icon, and that was because some cowardly jackass claimed it was "disrespectful" or some crap like that. Oh, there's been some noob on here that sent me a private message, saying: "That's not a respectiful name. Please change it." My response was No effing way. :biggrin:

I mean, the guy's been on here since Jan. 3, 2011, and made no posts yet. Geez, what did he do? Log on just to bug me?

Anyway, that's it. :smile:

I don't open carry... Freaks out people when they see a gun

Yes, it does. I open carry on duty and primarily CC off duty. I would rather OC, but don't. I don't O/C not because it freaks people out but EVERYONE wants to talk to you...strange, I thought citizens were afraid of other armed citizens..?lol

I find that when I OC people are always asking "what kind of gun is that?" "how many bullets does it hold", "is it legal to carry a gun like that?" my favorite is "what do I need to do to carry a gun"

Sometimes I just want to go on about what i'm doing, and in my state which is 2 democrats for every republican, quite a few want to find out more about carrying guns. Where there is interest maybe I should O/C more with links to this site on business cards? lol

The reactions above are typical reactions at average joe places. IE: Pumping gas not at snobby art galleries - not that I go to art galleries, just saying..

It has been my experience that life is kinda like scary movies. People see something that freaks them out and a lot of them want to run out and check out what is going on. This holds true when the neighborhood sees me out in the yard with a side arm, I was here for nearly a year and nobody talked to me, but as soon as I started to OC, everyone wanted to stop and talk and see who I was. People are attracted to those that carry, kinda like flies to the blue light.

It's too bad South Carolina doesn't have a chapter of pinkpistols.
If you know anyone who's interested, they can start one. Just go to the national PP website at Link Removed . They've got a link to an E-book on how to start a new chapter. Not rules, just guidelines and info to help anyone interested in doing so.

I don't open carry... Freaks out people when they see a gun

I open carry according to the weather. In the really cold part of the year, my pistol is concealed by my heavy winter coat. In really hot time of the year, it's out in the open for all to see. And so far, I've not seen anyone get freaked out. I have been asked all sorts of questions, like, "is that legal? What model is that? Whatcha carrying?" and so on. Although, a lady who came into the Subway after I did, and was standing on my right side, left shortly after. :smile: The guy behind the counter thought it was his facial piercings that drove her away. Me, I'm not sure. :biggrin:

I carry a gun because I love my family and I want to protect them against other folks that don't love their family or mine, and would try to do us harm.

+1. Amen.:biggrin:

Local fellow that I haven't seen for a while, OC'd always. Inked down the front of his holster - quite plain! - "Because I Can". About the simplest way I know of to not have to answer dumb questions.

My wife was harassed by an anti-gun nut the other day while OC'ing. This prompted me to go to vistaprint and order some business cards to be handed out to anyone who needs to be educated as to the legalities and merits of practicing ones right to bear arms.

Please comment on this, I would like to hear your input.

Good job! simple and to the point...

open or concealed carry

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!
That'll work too....

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back