Wallet Card for Open Carry?

Open carry and/or concealed carry is a personal preference. Neither one works all the time, for all the folks. It's just like the caliber wars..... nobody is wrong, and nobody is right.... but there are valid points on both sides..... deal with it.

You are 100% right! That's the reason I wish my State offered both options.

Anyone know of a link for a download of a pdf file to print out business cards you can carry and hand out to the sheep that ask you if you can carry that thing? :wacko:

A card that either states your State Firearms Laws, or OC issues.

I've seen the "no gun = no money" card you can give to businesses. I'm looking for something similar to give to sheep to inform them of their 2nd amendment rights.

Thanks
Gosh, what a simply brilliant idea...as well as the reply by NDS.

re: Wallet Card?

My standard response when asked why I carry a gun is that a cop is too heavy. When asked why I carry a .45, I reply no one makes a .46.

open carry is often looking for trouble

I live in Minnesota, which is not a traditional open carry state. Open carry is legal however with a Minnesota permit. That being said if you open carry you are likely to be arrested for brandishing. To brandish a firearm means to show, wave or point it in a manner which others find threatening. So if I wear a gun where someone can see it, someone will find it threatening.
Unless you live in a state where open carry is a common practice you will be looked upon as a danger to society, a gun kook, or worse.
One complete benifit to open carry is that it allows you quicker access. Most other benifits also have a downside that offsets the benifit.

"In respect for your stance, if trouble breaks out, I WON'T protect you with my gun."

This made me laugh so damn hard that I hope you understand that I am going to steal it and use it to have some cards of my own made up so that I can hand it out to people. Of course I will have to add some information to the other side of the card to actually point out gun rites, but this is priceless.

I live in Minnesota, which is not a traditional open carry state. Open carry is legal however with a Minnesota permit. That being said if you open carry you are likely to be arrested for brandishing. To brandish a firearm means to show, wave or point it in a manner which others find threatening. So if I wear a gun where someone can see it, someone will find it threatening.
Unless you live in a state where open carry is a common practice you will be looked upon as a danger to society, a gun kook, or worse.
One complete benifit to open carry is that it allows you quicker access. Most other benifits also have a downside that offsets the benifit.

I recommend you check out the Minnesota sub forum at Link Removed. I think you'll find a lot of people there who might tell you otherwise.

My standard response when asked why I carry a gun is that a cop is too heavy. When asked why I carry a .45, I reply no one makes a .46.
On my way home from work the other day, I stopped at the local A&W for breakfast. (Yes, they have a regular breakfast menu, and waitresses and everything. ) As I work in the security industry, I was still in uniform. Anyway, this one old gent sitting across from me, points at my pistol and asks, "Is the hammer back on that?" And I said, "Yup, and it's loaded too." :smile: And he's like, "Well, as long as you don't shoot yourself." And I just said, "I've not done that yet, in 36 years." :biggrin:

ria45nickel.jpg

Here are some I just got in from Vista Print, cheap, fast, and good quality. Credit to GOV5 for the back of the card. They are folding cards, but I think that best suits this idea.

OpenCarryCard1.jpg

OpenCarryCard2.jpg

All you have to do is ask them, if they were to get mugged between here and their Car , wouldn't they like to have one.

Talking to anti gun people is like scratching a rash, it only gets worse over time and you usually hate yourself for ever doing it in the first place. thats why I thought these cards were a good idea, it stops the conversation in it's tracks and even if they never read the things that fact alone would be worth the cost of making them.

The last time I had a conversation with an anti-gun person it went something like this: (Yes, I was open carrying)

Anti: Hey, you carrying that to compensate for a small penis? (chuckle)

Me: As a matter of fact, I am.

Anti: (speechless, jaw hanging open)

I just kept on walking. :wink:

Open carry and/or concealed carry is a personal preference. Neither one works all the time, for all the folks. It's just like the caliber wars..... nobody is wrong, and nobody is right.... but there are valid points on both sides..... deal with it.

I just came across this post, very very well said,

My normal carry is the Tactical version of that. Nice choice!

I had a Tactical FS, but had to sell it, needed the money. I also started hating the ambidextrous safety, it was getting wiped off by nearly anything I came into contact with. So, when I had the money to replace it, I opted for the GI version, although a little more dressed up then what I used to carry when I was in the Army. :wink:

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back