Wall mount for AR?

AndeyHall

Hey guys I’ve got an AR I’m wanting to wall mount inside my closet. I’ve got a space along the top half of the wall where it’s out of reach of the kids and I want it to be easily accessible if I need it. I’ve looked online a bunch and the closest thing I can find for a vertical mount that’s not locked is a plastic thing that slides in the mag well. I’m wanting to have it loaded, chambered, and ready to go so all I have to do is snatch it off the wall and rock and roll. Anybody know of any good products out there?

Hornady RAPiD wall safe for long guns.

It would be foolish to not have a loaded weapon locked. All the kids need is a chair or stool and there is potential for a tragedy. Or a burglary and your weapon is gone

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

Hornady RAPiD wall safe for long guns.

It would be foolish to not have a loaded weapon locked. All the kids need is a chair or stool and there is potential for a tragedy. Or a burglary and your weapon is gone

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

It’s the best option I’ve seen so far, however I still don’t care for it for 2 reasons...one of the AR’s that I will want to put on there has the Nikon M223 2-8x32 scope on it. It doesn’t look like the opening for the optic is big enough for that scope. The second reason is it is held by the bolt opening, so you essentially can only store it with the bolt back. I want something I can have the mag in and a round chambered.

It’s the best option I’ve seen so far, however I still don’t care for it for 2 reasons...one of the AR’s that I will want to put on there has the Nikon M223 2-8x32 scope on it. It doesn’t look like the opening for the optic is big enough for that scope. The second reason is it is held by the bolt opening, so you essentially can only store it with the bolt back. I want something I can have the mag in and a round chambered.

How bout this. Without the punisher mask of course Link Removed

Sent from my iPhone using Link Removed

How bout this. Without the punisher mask of course Link Removed

My issue with that is less the design (I actually like the punisher skull and flag) and more with the orientation and size. The space I have is not much bigger than the rifle itself, so I was looking for something relatively small.

I guess in my mind I picture a wall mount version of what you see in patrol cars where they mount shotguns and AR’s. Something with a small ledge at the bottom for the buttstock to rest and some type of strap or bracket a little higher up to hold it against the wall from tipping. Something very simple.

My issue with that is less the design (I actually like the punisher skull and flag) and more with the orientation and size. The space I have is not much bigger than the rifle itself, so I was looking for something relatively small.

I guess in my mind I picture a wall mount version of what you see in patrol cars where they mount shotguns and AR’s. Something with a small ledge at the bottom for the buttstock to rest and some type of strap or bracket a little higher up to hold it against the wall from tipping. Something very simple.

Gotcha. I’ll keep an eye out. Maybe have to modify something yourself

Gotcha. I’ll keep an eye out. Maybe have to modify something yourself

Yeah I thought about it and honestly it wouldn’t be very difficult. Build a small ledge out of a 2x6 and hollow out a slot for the buttstock and then make something to wrap around to hold it into the wall. When I started looking into it I just thought it would be easier to find with the growing AR market. As easy as it would be too build, time is more scarce than money right now so my best option right now is to try and buy something.

And to address an issue that was stated above. I have 2 rifles that will both be alternating between this mount. Both are fairly standard, the only difference being one has the Nikon M223 2-8x32 scope and the other has an Aimpoint PRO. The mount will only be utilized during night time hours. Both rifles go with me to work every day, and when I get home, both come into the house and go into my large gun safe until bed time when I bring one out and leave it in the room with us. My oldest is just now old enough to get out of his bed and wander at night (though he hasn’t yet, I don’t want his first time being the time he wanders into the bedroom and grabs my rifle). So that’s why I’m not concerned about it being locked. It’s only for quick access at night.

Yeah I thought about it and honestly it wouldn’t be very difficult. Build a small ledge out of a 2x6 and hollow out a slot for the buttstock and then make something to wrap around to hold it into the wall. When I started looking into it I just thought it would be easier to find with the growing AR market. As easy as it would be too build, time is more scarce than money right now so my best option right now is to try and buy something.

And to address an issue that was stated above. I have 2 rifles that will both be alternating between this mount. Both are fairly standard, the only difference being one has the Nikon M223 2-8x32 scope and the other has an Aimpoint PRO. The mount will only be utilized during night time hours. Both rifles go with me to work every day, and when I get home, both come into the house and go into my large gun safe until bed time when I bring one out and leave it in the room with us. My oldest is just now old enough to get out of his bed and wander at night (though he hasn’t yet, I don’t want his first time being the time he wanders into the bedroom and grabs my rifle). So that’s why I’m not concerned about it being locked. It’s only for quick access at night.

I saw this on amazon. It’s for the ceiling of a vehicle but could easily mount to a wall
Link Removed

Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back