Walking cane

I take a simple oak cane from walmart on all my trips.The cane is curved at the handle one piece oak. That curve is great for catching an arm or a leg that gets in your way. I have had operations on both my knees so it is easy for me to pass through airports or anywhere else with my cane.Most things that you can do with a cane can also be done with an umbrella, just a thought.

Got me one of these recently.

Link Removed

Seems pretty tough, not too heavy. I use it when I go to dumb-a$$ commie New York City. Can't carry there, can't even carry a pocket knife.
So I limp a little and carry this cane - into an NYPD station if I want. Brought to to a broadway show, even took it to a traffic ticket hearing!
Kinda dumb I guess, but it's my way of saying "Stop and frisk THIS".

Since you mentioned Cold Steel, I have one of these: Aluminum Head City Stick - Cold Steel Knives

It is right at home at a concert, a fancy dinner, or just walking down the street. I also have a very simple inexpensive rattan cane that I really like. The City Stick has a little more mass, but is still light enough to respond with speed. The rattan cane is a little lighter and has a crook. Both have their good points. Michael Janich's Martial Cane Concepts that I mentioned earlier does not use the crook, so both are great for defense using his system. The crook is handy for hanging the cane on your arm when you need to use both hands. The City Stick can strike with a little more force.

Be careful - they also make a City Stick that contains a sword. Cold Steel's catalog didn't mention the sword and the retailer where I purchased it did not know that it had a sword. I discovered the sword as I was examining it. That would not be a good thing to run through airport security. I had them order one for me without the sword.

Since you mentioned Cold Steel, I have one of these: Aluminum Head City Stick - Cold Steel Knives

It is right at home at a concert, a fancy dinner, or just walking down the street. I also have a very simple inexpensive rattan cane that I really like. The City Stick has a little more mass, but is still light enough to respond with speed. The rattan cane is a little lighter and has a crook. Both have their good points. Michael Janich's Martial Cane Concepts that I mentioned earlier does not use the crook, so both are great for defense using his system. The crook is handy for hanging the cane on your arm when you need to use both hands. The City Stick can strike with a little more force.

Be careful - they also make a City Stick that contains a sword. Cold Steel's catalog didn't mention the sword and the retailer where I purchased it did not know that it had a sword. I discovered the sword as I was examining it. That would not be a good thing to run through airport security. I had them order one for me without the sword.

I use a cane / walking stick similar to the City Stick, accept it has a brass head when I go to places I can't carry. As for how I would use it in a confrontation, I would use it as I was trained to use a 36" Monadnock Baton at the prison when they were still being issued for our Quick Response Teams.

The t-handle crane from American Crane worked really well for my dad. We got it for him almost two years back and he hasn't said a single negative thing about it!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back